Unpopular Opinions

18 hours ago, VikWings said:

I'm fine with the occassional monochrome as long as contrasting socks are worn but that's rarely the case anymore.

Good

Image result

Crap

78670651_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&q=75

The Chiefs manage to do it both right and wrong:

Decent, can live with it for a game or 2 a season

USATSI_7436216.jpg

Crap

Chiefs-610x354.jpg

The Bengals did it right in the early years of the current set...

Image result

...but now look like crap

Image result for bengals all black uniforms

For me, the helmet color also has to match the monochrome (like with the Broncos and Chiefs). However, I don't think I've ever seen a team do that (besides the Chiefs that one time). I like the top Bengals one though, but those side panels ruin everything.

The Panthers' new logos and uniform set have grown on me. I now prefer them to the originals, especially the logo.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

30 minutes ago, nash61 said:

The Panthers' new logos and uniform set have grown on me. I now prefer them to the originals, especially the logo.

I don't think that the uniforms changed, (Other than the template cut)  just the logos did. Now I'm not 100% positive, but I don't see any changes in comparing the two...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

1 hour ago, hawk36 said:

Not sure if it's technically "unpopular" or not but I prefer the original Seahawks logo. It has a more authentic, less "corporate sports" feel. logohistory_new.jpg

Absolutely unpopular. 

It looks sad rather than agressive. It's uneven, sloppy. Line work is all over the place. 

Ugh.

• Like 3

Just now, Xamboni said:

And that's great for a traditional Pacific Northwest totem pole and a team in the 70's, but for a professional football team in 2002/2016, blegh.

I'd argue that a big problem with professional sports in general is that all the logos are looking too similar. Well rendered but homogeneous. Sure it could be refined a bit but I love that it looks authentic and not like every other new logo out there.

• Like 1

Just now, hawk36 said:

I'd argue that a big problem with professional sports in general is that all the logos are looking too similar. Well rendered but homogeneous. Sure it could be refined a bit but I love that it looks authentic and not like every other new logo out there.

To be fair, the redesign kept most elements in place. The eye is the only part that is very "cookie cutter" from those "well rendered but homogeneous" logos. 

3 minutes ago, Xamboni said:

To be fair, the redesign kept most elements in place. The eye is the only part that is very "cookie cutter" from those "well rendered but homogeneous" logos. 

Yes, I'd say the eye for sure, and the upcurve on the tail (upper left) and italicizing of the whole form are all what I think are "cookie cutter" aspects.

Just now, hawk36 said:

Yes, I'd say the eye for sure, and the upcurve on the tail and italicizing of the whole form are all what I think are "cookie cutter" aspects.

That just adds flow to the logo instead of just having it end sharply. Adds balance and an end in the visual hierarchy of the logo itself.

I strongly disagree with you, on a technical and objectively visual standpoint. But hey, this is the whole point of this thread.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Xamboni said:

That just adds flow to the logo instead of just having it end sharply. Adds balance and an end in the visual hierarchy of the logo itself.

I strongly disagree with you, on a technical and objectively visual standpoint. But hey, this is the whole point of this thread.

I agree that in a vacuum, side by side, the new logo is a much better crafted piece. It seems we may just disagree as to the value of the historical aesthetic of the original logo. And believe me, I've just recently started to have this opinion so it could flip flop back again too.

1 hour ago, Xamboni said:

Absolutely unpopular. 

It looks sad rather than agressive. It's uneven, sloppy. Line work is all over the place. 

Ugh.

I agree that the original Seahawks logo looks sad - tortured, even - but I still prefer it to the other two. It has the best color scheme of the three and just looks very totem pole-ish. The designer of the original nailed it.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 9:37 AM, VikWings said:

I'm fine with the occassional monochrome as long as contrasting socks are worn but that's rarely the case anymore.

Good

Image result

Crap

78670651_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&q=75

The Chiefs manage to do it both right and wrong:

Decent, can live with it for a game or 2 a season

USATSI_7436216.jpg

Crap

Chiefs-610x354.jpg

The Bengals did it right in the early years of the current set...

Image result

...but now look like crap

Image result for bengals all black uniforms

I've always liked colored uniform pants. I also like all of these, but the current color rush program with jerseys , pants, socks and cleats being the same color is too much.

• Like 1