Unpopular Opinions

3 hours ago, Ark said:

The Blues should bring back red as a secondary color

b29ffe2781e90fec73049d21f671ba61.jpg

I'd call that more of an accent color. 

• Like 1

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

On 9/30/2016 at 9:52 PM, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Block number fonts are incredibly overrated. Yeah, they're more eligible than other fonts, but they're just SO boring. I think (some) custom fonts give teams more character in their design and honestly, I don't think every team needs to use the same number font just because it's LOL traditional.

I know it's not a popular opinion around here... but I actually agree with this sentiment. Block's aren't bad, but I like some of the more unique fonts out there. The Lions' number font looks great imo:

15f913a470323c58b4a73e663b3b219f.jpg

• Like 5

NSFCvyu.png

30 minutes ago, JWhiz96 said:

I know it's not a popular opinion around here... but I actually agree with this sentiment. Block's aren't bad, but I like some of the more unique fonts out there. The Lions' number font looks great imo:

15f913a470323c58b4a73e663b3b219f.jpg

I agree with you on this. there is nothing wrong with a font different from the norm. Teams like minnesota, Philadelphia and the dolphins pre re brand proves this but, I still think the Steelers font is incredibly ugly and just looks out of place compared to the other elements on the uni.

image.png

I don't know how unpopular this is (the second Raptors logo might be more unpopular), but this is the worst Raptors logo. If you took away the wording, the first thing I would have told you this logo was for would be Predators or something more generic; there is no coorelation to a Raptor. They completely eliminated the Raptor from their branding. Both other primaries, even the purple one, were better than this. At least you could tell they were for a team called the Raptors. This logo is another uncreative logo with a basketball. If you wanted to do something with a basketball, use this:

image.png

This is a better logo. You bring back purple yet still have red, black, and grey. It has an actual raptor as well. Refine the outline a little, especially on the head, and you got yourself a winner. 

---------------------------

This:

image.png

is better than this:

image.png

The first one shows refinement. It looks like an actual Florida Panther. Both have flaws, but the first one flows better, too. The giant paws in the latter make it seem like the panther is jumping at you, but in the end distort the logo. The worst thing about the second logo are the legs, feet, and tail. The tail swoops in front of the legs (or appears to) and the paws look like little stubs facing off to the left. Maybe he isn't jumping but rather tripping...?

Neither logo is perfect; the first one has a weird cut-in in the back of the neck. But this design is all over, making the logo flow better. Florida made a good call with the first one as the primary. 

• Like 2

On 10/11/2016 at 10:51 AM, Rj0498 said:

I agree with you on this. there is nothing wrong with a font different from the norm. Teams like minnesota, Philadelphia and the dolphins pre re brand proves this but, I still think the Steelers font is incredibly ugly and just looks out of place compared to the other elements on the uni.

A classic identity ruined by modernity? Id say the font fits right in with the steelers jersey(see shrinking sleeve and cutoff stripes)

• Like 1

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

10 minutes ago, DiePerske said:

A classic identity ruined by modernity? Id say the font fits right in with the steelers jersey(see shrinking sleeve and cutoff stripes)

I suppose it is matter of taste but, to me it seems like the current number font just seems like the uniform equivalent to a black eye 

Just now, Rj0498 said:

I suppose it is matter of taste but, to me it seems like the current number font just seems like the uniform equivalent to a black eye 

Would it look a lot better with a block font? For sure. My thing is that it fits with the whole great ideas ruined thing. Like how the sleeve stripes have been ruined and the like

• Like 1

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske