Unpopular Opinions

Plain/stripeless footballs pants are underrated IMO. They can be paired with most jersey designs and make a decent uniform. I'd like to see more NFL teams go with plain pants.

On, this site, I'm afraid you'll find that to be a VERY unpopular opinion.

Personaly, I hate almost all stripeless pants. IMO, the only time it works is when metallic gold pants are paired with gold helmets.

Oh, and Michigan.

Other than that, I can't think of another situation where a team wouldn't look better with a stripe on their pants.

Lots of people seem to think the St. Louis Rams look their best wearing the plain gold pants. The blue and white striped pants look like they're part of a completely different uniform set. Can you honestly say the Rams striped pants mesh well with their jerseys?

No, I think the Ram's striped pants are crap, too. Of their choices, the plain gold pants are best. I don't know that they wouldn't look better with striped gold pants, however. They'd cetainly look more like an NFL team.

I disagree that they look less like an NFL team with plain pants. I believe they Rams look way more "professional" compared to teams like Arizona, Minnesota, Atlanta, and Jacksonville. Plain pants are simple yet effective.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this dead thread yet again...

I've mentioed before that I really like the new-ish Lions set. But I honestly thin it's one of the top 5 sets in all of professional football right now.

Suh.jpg

calvin-johnson.jpg

I especially like the number fonts, it's what makes the uniform for me. I want a white Matt Stafford one, but I'm poor.

Speaking of fonts everyone seems to hate, I also really like the new-ish Rangers NOB and number font

3226764557_37e5096705_o.png

Yes, it looks bad on Ron Washington and now ex-Ranger Jarrod Saltalamacchia, but on guys like Michael Young and Josh Hamilton, it just looks awesome.

josh-hamilton-texas-rangers-640x250.jpg

Michael+Young+Texas+Rangers+v+Oakland+Athletics+L6ZN8vSqqcwl.jpg

spacer.png

I've mentioed before that I really like the new-ish Lions set. But I honestly thin it's one of the top 5 sets in all of professional football right now.

Suh.jpg

calvin-johnson.jpg

I especially like the number fonts, it's what makes the uniform for me. I want a white Matt Stafford one, but I'm poor.

I don't know how unpopular that opinion actually is, but I strongly agree with you. Heck, I'd say it might even be the best, followed closely by the Falcons and Packers.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Suh.jpg

calvin-johnson.jpg

This. I love the font with a passion and really love their logo. The small touch of black works perfectly.

This jersey is growing on me and I think it's not that bad...

1012-nyi2011a.png?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1318488717857

It might be in the bottom 10 when it comes to ranking current NHL jerseys, but it sure is better than the whole Marlins rebrand. At least it's just an alternate.

I'm going to give it a chance.

Suh.jpg

calvin-johnson.jpg

This. I love the font with a passion and really love their logo. The small touch of black works perfectly.

A lot of people seem to dislike the new Lions because it runs contrary to their semi-traditional uniforms they had prior to the redesign. I think it's trails only two uniforms (Browns and Packers) in the NFL, is miles ahead of my favorite team, the Patriots.

I also think the new logo is a hell of a lot better than the old.

474.gif

Good for 1980s

cwuyv0w15ruuk34j9qnfuoif9.gif

Great for 2010s(?).

But no love for the Rangers NOB and number script?

spacer.png

I detest the Orioles cartoon bird and love the full-body bird (preferably from the early 1990s, though). Generally I prefer full body animal logos (Bengals leaping tiger, Lions bubbles, Coyotes alt) and it seems most of you prefer animal head logos.

Also I love the matte college baseball helmets we saw a few months ago and matte football helmets.

I also prefer the Angels' silver halo to the gold one.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Apparently, this is a vey unpopular opinion, but I love these WSU uniforms.

38457824E.jpg

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I loved the '90s Reebok college basketball uniforms with the elaborate scripts.

jIszf.jpg

mateen.jpg

I loved that Spartans uniform as a kid. The design on the collar, sleeve trim, and waistband were SO cool.

And I've never seen that Texas one before, I actually kind of like it. Totally dig the southwestern striping especially.

Even though I consider myself more traditional than not, I really enjoy and appreciate designs like these out of childhood nostalgia. No matter what your tastes in design may be, you can't deny that the 90's were a very creative era in sports uniform history.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

No matter what your tastes in design may be, you can't deny that the 90's were a very creative era in sports uniform history.

One man's "creative" is another's "what the :censored: ing :censored: ity :censored: were they thinking?"

I actually agree with you regarding some teams, like, for example, the massive logos on the Bucks' alternate, Hawks' uniforms, and the monstrosities that were many uniforms in the CFL and NFL Europe at the time (example - 1995-ish Argonauts, Mad Dogs, Barracudas, etc.). However, uniforms like the Texas and MSU ones were very neat and incorporated creative elements without going over the top. Honestly, compared to the uniforms I mentioned above, that Texas uniform is much simpler. Yet, it still has a great deal going for it. That's the kind of creativity I was referring to (another that comes to mind is the tribal designs on the Vancouver Grizzlies' uniforms), when you can integrate unique elements into a uniform without making it a total clusterfudge.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.