raysox

Unpopular Opinions

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, 8BW14 said:

I'm surprised this is unpopular actually, but I hate the orioles cartoon bird hat. It's gimmicky and amateurish to me. They should be using the realistic bird and/or a B monogram on their caps.

I could not agree more.  I know their successes comes with that logo but on its own merit, it seems far more conducive to a minor league team.

 

I love the 1991 (or so) standing bird.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be totally cool with the NHL dropping the requirement for NOB's, especially for Original Six teams. It could really help teams with traditional aesthetics evoke an additional vintage style. I'd advocate for teams to try it out during an outdoor game, be it the Winter Classic or Heritage Classic.

 

Besides, they're not as important as TV numbers (pre-empting a @hockey week reminder on the importance of TV numbers for sportscasters).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Jaguars in all black look pretty good, especially in the December sun.  Never thought I'd say that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

The Jaguars in all black look pretty good, especially in the December sun.  Never thought I'd say that.

 

I'm not a fan of monochrome looks (except all white) but I really like the Jags black jersey with white pants combo. I guess that's half an unpopular opinion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually think these would have made for a good look. I would like to see the cards make alts based off of these

Click to go back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2016 at 11:34 AM, DNAsports said:

I actually really like the Minnesota Wild identity. Easily the best "singular" named sports team beating out Miami Heat, Utah Jazz, Oklahoma City Thunder, Tampa Bay Lightning, Chicago Fire.

I think the Wild look good too (at least they have a unique color scheme and own it!), but aren't you forgetting about the Magic?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, 8BW14 said:

I'm surprised this is unpopular actually, but I hate the orioles cartoon bird hat. It's gimmicky and amateurish to me. They should be using the realistic bird and/or a B monogram on their caps.

 

I don't like it as the primary cap insignia, but I like it enough to stay in their set... maybe as an alternate logo. Make the "O's" the primary insignia, and I'm all good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

I would be totally cool with the NHL dropping the requirement for NOB's, especially for Original Six teams. It could really help teams with traditional aesthetics evoke an additional vintage style. I'd advocate for teams to try it out during an outdoor game, be it the Winter Classic or Heritage Classic.

 

Besides, they're not as important as TV numbers (pre-empting a @hockey week reminder on the importance of TV numbers for sportscasters).

 


I'm glad I'm getting a bit of a reputation around here lol. Look, they're important! :D

 

5 hours ago, infrared41 said:

 

I'm not a fan of monochrome looks (except all white) but I really like the Jags black jersey with white pants combo. I guess that's half an unpopular opinion. 

 

Me too. I'm actually not a big fan of monochrome white, with rare exceptions I think it looks odd (I have to say the Colts are probably the biggest exception). So I'll join you on that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

 

I don't like it as the primary cap insignia, but I like it enough to stay in their set... maybe as an alternate logo. Make the "O's" the primary insignia, and I'm all good.

The O's logo isn't all that great either if you ask me but I do agree that cartoon bird logo could have a place in the the Orioles' look but maybe as a sleeve patch or something since that tends to be a place where teams put their more unique logos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These were the best Hawks jerseys by far

7226_3j6_96ssmi1_1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cowboys uni's suck, sooooooooooo overrated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, daniel75 said:

Cowboys uni's suck, sooooooooooo overrated. 

Cowboys white uni's suck. Just match the navy jersey already. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bkknight95 said:

Cowboys white uni's suck. Just match the navy jersey already. 

 

That would help, but only upgrade them to average.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I LOVE Wisconsin's "motion W". It's iconic, instantly recognizable, and a strong mark in my opinion (and precisely why I never ever mixed them up with Nebraska in football).

 

I also absolutely love how it looks on a football helmet:

 

IMG_5483.JPG

 

I'm a sucker for logos that mesh with helmet top contours, a la the 90's-00's Jaguars. It doesn't line up absolutely perfectly of course, but it's close enough that it looks really sleek to me. One of my favorite helmets in the nation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Nationals should have stuck with their "monumental" uniforms from the 2005 inaugural season in Washington. They should have dumped the "curly W" early on rather than quadrupling down on it in 2010. The never-worn "block W" prototype referenced in this Uni Watch entry would have been a fantastic mark to center the uniforms around, especially with the strong primary logo from 2005-2010.

 

4883724809_b261cb0368_o.jpg

 

8066269765159.560d9a506512d.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I LOVE Wisconsin's "motion W". It's iconic, instantly recognizable, and a strong mark in my opinion (and precisely why I never ever mixed them up with Nebraska in football).

 

I also absolutely love how it looks on a football helmet:

 

IMG_5483.JPG

 

I'm a sucker for logos that mesh with helmet top contours, a la the 90's-00's Jaguars. It doesn't line up absolutely perfectly of course, but it's close enough that it looks really sleek to me. One of my favorite helmets in the nation.

 

The motion W would look so much better without the drop shadow.  I've always liked Wisconsin's unis when they look like a darker red, too, rather than the stock bright scarlet (the darker red look is due to lighting and shadows, not actual material differences). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

 

The motion W would look so much better without the drop shadow.  I've always liked Wisconsin's unis when they look like a darker red, too, rather than the stock bright scarlet (the darker red look is due to lighting and shadows, not actual material differences). 

 

To be honest, I'd love it just as much with your propositions! I do love it all just as it is now, but I think those changes would look really great also. Dropping the shadow would still maintain the idea and concept, which is honestly the thing I love about it most rather than its specific composition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DeFrank said:

The Nationals should have stuck with their "monumental" uniforms from the 2005 inaugural season in Washington. They should have dumped the "curly W" early on rather than quadrupling down on it in 2010. The never-worn "block W" prototype referenced in this Uni Watch entry would have been a fantastic mark to center the uniforms around, especially with the strong primary logo from 2005-2010.

 

4883724809_b261cb0368_o.jpg

 

8066269765159.560d9a506512d.jpg

 

 

I'll agree with this, but I wouldn't go with that W logo. I would have committed to the DC logo as the team's only cap/helmet mark. Get kind of a Twins/TC vibe going. 

 

That, and their locale has officially been known as "District of Columbia" rather than "Washington" since the 19th century.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 1:08 PM, DeFrank said:

The Nationals should have stuck with their "monumental" uniforms from the 2005 inaugural season in Washington. They should have dumped the "curly W" early on rather than quadrupling down on it in 2010. The never-worn "block W" prototype referenced in this Uni Watch entry would have been a fantastic mark to center the uniforms around, especially with the strong primary logo from 2005-2010.

 

4883724809_b261cb0368_o.jpg

 

 

 

Idk, I think the loopy W is the only interesting thing about the Nationals' identity. Everything else seems like it was put through a standardized DC aesthetic generator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.