Unpopular Opinions

11 hours ago, ~Bear said:

It looks like blood in the ocean, the orca ready to feast. They should bring this back as an alternate/throwback. 

Of course YOU like blood in the ocean, you're a polar bear!

• Like 5

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

19 hours ago, -Akronite- said:

Maybe use an example that matches because those two helmets look nothing alike. The giant logo is my favorite part. It makes up for the lack of stripe, where most stripeless helmets bore me.

I also agree that the Bucs jerseys are not that bad. In fact, I'd say they are good with a couple changes away from great. AND a solid upgrade from the previous set. The old jersey was boring and I find the old pewter ugly. The worst part of the old set, the alternate logo on the sleeves, remains unfortunately.

I wasn't talking about the helmet on Washington St. I was comparing the color of their gray jersey to Nike's new version of pewter.

The Bucs look more anthracite than they do pewter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, charger77 said:

I own one!

I think the bulk of the slug hatred had to do with what it replaced. For an expansion team its a decent logo/uniform set.

Or, rather, what people were hoping would come back. (i.e., not so much the black/red logo but the previous logo).

In any case, I agree. I don't think the Buffaslug was, on it's own, even in the top ten in this thread.  It was a mediocre logo but one of the biggest let-downs we've ever seen.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Just posted this in the color rush thread. Not exactly sure how unpopular it is but I think opinions are split enough that I think it belongs here too.

The Giants color rush really need to become their primary road ASAP. There's actually blue in the jersey. White pants instead of out of place gray ones. They're just gorgeous. Of course the only change I'd make is putting the current logo on the helmet. But I do love the GIANTS script.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

It's not exactly on par with most of the logos in the MLS, but I still think this is a pretty solid logo.

qtfoxrlfgs3gjvif4ao608tia.gif

It's pretty cool in a 1996 way. I really miss '90s sports fashion, aside from the BFBS boom at the end of the decade. Heck, I miss '90s fashion in general. I had the sweetest bowl cut from 1994-97. It legit looked good on me because I have thick hair and it was still kind of light brown/sandy-colored before darkening to the current shade of brown around my 13th birthday.

9 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

It's pretty cool in a 1996 way. I really miss '90s sports fashion, aside from the BFBS boom at the end of the decade. Heck, I miss '90s fashion in general. I had the sweetest bowl cut from 1994-97. It legit looked good on me because I have thick hair and it was still kind of light brown/sandy-colored before darkening to the current shade of brown around my 13th birthday.

Back on topic, here's an unpopular opinion: bowl cuts were cool! Of course that racist dickhead whose name shall not be mentioned had to ruin them for us...but here are some pics from back in the day, featuring yours truly:

11029561_10102933698137334_1305161789447588446_n.jpg11021088_10102933738740964_5858477709476805905_n.jpg

10845966_10102933729314854_4247162476524573652_n.jpg

• Like 1

On December 20, 2016 at 2:56 PM, fl00dsm0k3 said:

Since we are talking about the Bufaslug I love the logo, and the jersey is my favorite hockey jersey ever,

One thing I liked about the 'Slug' was that it made gold more prominent, making the logo really stand out on a Navy background.  The updated shoulder logos looked sharp as well, particularly the gold-heavy version.  Unfortunately, that is where I run out of good things to say.  Even if the logo resembled a Buffalo, instead of a Banana Slug, it would still be saddled to one of the most idiosyncratic templates ever devised.  It was appropriate for those uniforms to usher in the 'RBK Edge' travesty that ruined so many great looks.  

• Like 1

On 12/22/2016 at 2:36 PM, Morgo said:

One thing I liked about the 'Slug' was that it made gold more prominent, making the logo really stand out on a Navy background.  The updated shoulder logos looked sharp as well, particularly the gold-heavy version.  Unfortunately, that is where I run out of good things to say.  Even if the logo resembled a Buffalo, instead of a Banana Slug, it would still be saddled to one of the most idiosyncratic templates ever devised.  It was appropriate for those uniforms to usher in the 'RBK Edge' travesty that ruined so many great looks.  

I would love to see this return on an alternate jersey:

twdheefvk2ogw2k2ghja.png

• Like 3

On 21/12/2016 at 2:21 AM, Dolphins Dynasty said:

It's not exactly on par with most of the logos in the MLS, but I still think this is a pretty solid logo.

qtfoxrlfgs3gjvif4ao608tia.gif

I don't hate it, I just think they should downsize/simplify it.  It nearly looks like a corporate logo amongst the MLS sheet.

NE Revs, I dunno.  The paint brush scheme is nice, that it needs a large area to convey isn't so much.

• Like 1

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark