Unpopular Opinions

The Chargers powder blue uniform is the worst current alternate in the NFL. I don't get the love for it.

On the same subject of alternate uniforms, I wish more teams went with grey alternates. Currently, I think the Seahawks are the only team to do so. The Raiders, Redskins, and Saints are three teams off the top of my head that could pull it off. It's obvious the Raiders can, but for reference on the Redskins and Saints:

Iowa State/Redskins:

DHF160924_San-Jose-State_at_ISU027-1000x

Colorado/Saints:

(Swap the gray helmet with gold)

hi-res-092df1f8fb2d67222d5e66a69ada95af_

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

The Chargers powder blue uniform is the worst current alternate in the NFL. I don't get the love for it.

On the same subject of alternate uniforms, I wish more teams went with grey alternates. Currently, I think the Seahawks are the only team to do so. The Raiders, Redskins, and Saints are three teams off the top of my head that could pull it off. It's obvious the Raiders can, but for reference on the Redskins and Saints:

Iowa State/Redskins:

DHF160924_San-Jose-State_at_ISU027-1000x

That looked terrible for Iowa State, much less the 'Skins.

And there's no reason the Saints need to wear gray.  The Saints aren't relying on 18 year old recruits.

(EDIT crap this is unpopular opinions)

• Like 3

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

39 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

That looked terrible for Iowa State, much less the 'Skins.

And there's no reason the Saints need to wear gray.  The Saints aren't relying on 18 year old recruits.

(EDIT crap this is unpopular opinions)

That's ok. While this ought to be a place for people to post unpopular opinions we should also be free to discuss what's posted. 

Otherwise this would just be a thread of people posting pics of gaudy uniforms with no actual discussion. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, dont care said:

the design wasn't bad, becoming another red white and blue team is what made that set bad.

It is actually the color scheme that I like about the unis, that and I think there is more of a problem with too many black and red teams than red white and blue

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I like seeing colored alternates against each other in baseball, as long as they are different enough from one another where they can be appealing to the eye.

Image result for athletics vs rangers

Image result for indians vs orioles

Related image

I like seeing the A's wearing yellow shirts and wish they'd break out a road alt that also has yellow pants like their '70s look (even though I'm pretty sure that would be against current MLB rules).

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

How's this:

I would love to see the Royals return to light blue road uniforms instead of grey. I'd also like to see the Diamondbacks and/or Rays come up with their own take(s) on the ol' light-blue-roads look.

I actually thought that light blue roads were one of the things from the 80s that never should have died. In general I like unique road unis, that's why I like the d-backs road unis

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rj0498 said:

I actually thought that light blue roads were one of the things from the 80s that never should have died. In general I like unique road unis, that's why I like the d-backs road unis

If you're referring to the darker shade of grey, the White Sox also have a darker shade than most, I believe.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

If you're referring to the darker shade of grey, the White Sox also have a darker shade than most, I believe.

Yeah its a nice change of pace from the usual. I would like to see teams wear a muted version of their colors as roads