Unpopular Opinions

8 hours ago, Htown1141 said:

I don't really get what everyone's love of standard block lettering is, especially for unique/modern uniform sets. An example of this is the bengals IMO 

IMG_1130.PNG

Lose the drop shadow and I'm all for it.

I could go on all day about the Bengals. To me, the old uniform was a dud because the stripes looked like they were forced into traditional ones, if you can get my drift. I liked how the stripes on the 2003-Present uniforms kind of just fell onto the uniform instead of being forced into traditional stripe spaces. 

My issue now is the way it looks on the new template, especially with the toilet seat collar. and of course, the side panels can be overkill, but I thought the home uniform from the 2003 unveil was a great modernization. Paired with white pants, I liked how the side panel translated into the pants stripe. I loved that uniform, pre Nike. The away was especially nice. 

Image result for chad johnson bengals

Image result for chad johnson bengals

On 2/24/2017 at 0:34 AM, Chromatic said:

I hate pinstripes. All of them. Yankees, Rockies, White Sox, Phillies, Magic, etc. Even suits. 

I get that some of those uniforms are "untouchable" but they look like pajamas or clown clothes to me.

Could not agree more.

15 minutes ago, ImmortalChef said:

Some logos/jerseys I don't get all the hate for

New_England_Patriots_logo.svg.png

c3wjilkqhdkiw0dta5ho.jpg

Milwaukee-Bucks.jpg

washington-wizards-logo.jpg

miami-dolphins-logo-hi-res-2013.jpg

Flying Elvis, mid-90s Hawks, and Wizards logo are all decent-to-good in my book. (I've always had a soft spot for Flying Elvis, myself.) That green Bucks jersey was just a bad design. If they'd used the same template as the white and the purple it would've looked fine.

The Dolphins' logo isn't bad in a vacuum, but it looks more like a cruise line logo than a football logo. It also bucks team tradition by removing all traces of facial expression from the dolphin, and also the little helmet with an M on it. In every other iteration the dolphin was looking at the viewer; the pre-1997 versions all seemed to be smiling, and the 1997-2012 version was fierce-looking. This dolphin has barely distinguishable facial features, no expression, and no helmet. It's also worth noting that the previous logos were jumping through the sun-hoops, giving them an active posture; this one looks almost limp.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Flying Elvis, mid-90s Hawks, and Wizards logo are all decent-to-good in my book. (I've always had a soft spot for Flying Elvis, myself.) That green Bucks jersey was just a bad design. If they'd used the same template as the white and the purple it would've looked fine.

The Dolphins' logo isn't bad in a vacuum, but it looks more like a cruise line logo than a football logo. It also bucks team tradition by removing all traces of facial expression from the dolphin, and also the little helmet with an M on it. In every other iteration the dolphin was looking at the viewer; the pre-1997 versions all seemed to be smiling, and the 1997-2012 version was fierce-looking. This dolphin has barely distinguishable facial features, no expression, and no helmet. It's also worth noting that the previous logos were jumping through the sun-hoops, giving them an active posture; this one looks almost limp.

I don't think that the new Dolphins logo is better than the old ones, I just don't think its a bad logo

AwvgSX4.png

If it weren't for Wahoo, the 1965-9 uniform set would be my favorite look for the Cleveland Indians:

indians_uniform_1969.gif25791a_lg.jpeg

It makes excellent use of red and doesn't use a cursive/lettering script, differentiating them from the Twins, Red Sox, and Angels (since the Angels don't use a similar template). Sure, it makes them look like their Ohio brethren, but the navy accents and different road template should be enough to differentiate them (more than the Dodgers and Royals, anyway). Swap out Wahoo and the wishbone-c for a block C with feathers, and you've got my ideal look for the team.

I really hate the "A" logo that Arizona insists on always using. It's unoriginal, awkward and doesn't mesh well at all with their "futuristic" uniforms which are pretty terrible as well. Also, get rid of the teal already! It doesn't make any of the colours pop for me and just looks like someone spilled their toothpaste on the jerseys.

3 hours ago, ImmortalChef said:

I don't think that the new Dolphins logo is better than the old ones, I just don't think its a bad logo

If the Fins were a new team it would be okay...it's just such a step down from their previous logos. In my opinion, anyway.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tanny81 said:

I really hate the "A" logo that Arizona insists on always using. It's unoriginal, awkward and doesn't mesh well at all with their "futuristic" uniforms which are pretty terrible as well. Also, get rid of the teal already! It doesn't make any of the colours pop for me and just looks like someone spilled their toothpaste on the jerseys.

Funny, I think they need more teal/turquoise and less black.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Okay, I'm going to ask... Why do so many of you refer to the Patriots' logo as "Flying Elvis"? How does it look like Elvis?

I never even noticed the hat looking like hair...the face has Elvis-like features, and the "flying" part is because the red tail can look like a wing.

3 hours ago, Tanny81 said:

I prefer the A to any of their other logos personally

• Like 2