Unpopular Opinions

8 minutes ago, Rj0498 said:

Yeah Madden 13 if I am not mistaken. For some odd reason, they were the default pants but, they were never worn in real life. Maybe the fans didn't like them

Yeah, I dunno the reason. I thought they looked pretty good in the game.

On 4/16/2017 at 3:09 PM, Ice_Cap said:

I'm sure I've posted this before, but all the sock talk in the MLB thread got me thinking about it again. 

I prefer the baggy look when it comes to baseball pants. It's because that's how I wear them when I play. It's just more comfortable. I can't stand the feel of high socks or stirrups. 

Same. It was more of a psychological thing with me though. I felt if I wore the pants low, getting hit with a pitch near my leg wouldn't hurt as much. I didn't like having my ankles exposed. It sounds silly but that's how I felt as a kid.

• Like 1

XM4KeeA.png

This is one of the best alternates in baseball.

IMG_6186.PNG.c0813f13942d9a4d02e7dafae2302743.PNG

Love the cream, and love the homage to these fellas:

IMG_6187.thumb.JPG.bf8f55c5a1eeb5dc49f8829cd478867c.JPG

I've seen flak for it being too similar to the currents and thus a sort of "worthless" alt, but I've never minded that considering it was nodding to the first uniform worn in Atlanta. It's good enough precedence to me for them to go for it.

• Like 2

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

The current St. Louis Blues uniforms, while nowhere near bad, are also not great or iconic. To me they are pretty much the epitome of average and there is nothing particularly memorable or interesting about them. Much like the Texans uniforms in football and the Texas Rangers in baseball...I am completely neutral towards them and feel nothing about them either way.

The Blues best uniform era was 1987-1994 and I'd only rate that a smidgen above average. The Blue on their road jersey sometimes looked a bit drab and dark, much like the Islanders post 1998 uniforms (lighting at the rinks made a big difference here)

4887-CC7Fr.jpgs-l300.jpg

Maybe with the Blues it's just that I don't like the combination of blue, yellow and black.

6 minutes ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

Maybe with the Blues it's just that I don't like the combination of blue, yellow and black.

The Blues don't wear black. It's royal blue, yellow/gold, and navy.

fSsOMco.jpg

Another one that gets too much love is the Caps jerseys up until 1995. Nothing hideous about them, but I never liked the white shoulder yokes on the road jerseys. I thought the wordmark and the font they used was a bit beer league-ish. They wedged Washington in their in tiny barely visible print. Went overboard with the stars. On the plus side the red was pretty vibrant and I liked the red helmets. Also liked their striping as well as the piping going down the side of their pants with the stars in them. But overall they could seem too busy and cluttered to me especially when they added various anniversary patches as well as captains and assistants C's and A's.

4918-361Fr.jpg

• Like 3

I wish the Dodgers would have a set schedule of when they'll wear their road primaries and their alternates.  When I head to Dodger Stadium South this year I want to be wearing the same road uniform that's being worn on the field.  Sure, the Padres have a lot of uniforms, but at least the fans know when they'll be worn.

Oh, and I prefer the Los Angeles script.

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

1 hour ago, Ben in LA said:

I wish the Dodgers would have a set schedule of when they'll wear their road primaries and their alternates.  When I head to Dodger Stadium South this year I want to be wearing the same road uniform that's being worn on the field.  Sure, the Padres have a lot of uniforms, but at least the fans know when they'll be worn.

Judging by how they seem to operate, it'll be the alternate, unless it isnt.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

12 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

I'm really surprised the Dodgers don't have a set schedule given how traditional they're more or less remained. I often cite the Lakers as a good example of how to do things... Whites are worn at home every Sunday and holiday, so there's never a question of when. I'd like to see the Dodgers do something similar. A good example to follow might be the Royals... They do colored jerseys during day games, dark blue at home and light blue on the road. Maybe the Dodgers could adopt something like their "LA" road jersey for out-of-state games, and their "Dodgers" road jersey for in-state games.

13 hours ago, Quillz said:

I'm really surprised the Dodgers don't have a set schedule given how traditional they're more or less remained. I often cite the Lakers as a good example of how to do things... Whites are worn at home every Sunday and holiday, so there's never a question of when. I'd like to see the Dodgers do something similar. A good example to follow might be the Royals... They do colored jerseys during day games, dark blue at home and light blue on the road. Maybe the Dodgers could adopt something like their "LA" road jersey for out-of-state games, and their "Dodgers" road jersey for in-state games.

I'd be down for that...except I want to see the Los Angeles script more often.

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

Here's one that might really piss some people off... I've never liked the Raiders logo. At least, not as a helmet logo. I pointed out in another topic that I just find it way too busy, has too many tiny details that are basically invisible at small sizes.

I really like how the Vikings cleaned up and modernized their classic logo. They thickened the lines, removed a lot of unnecessary detail, to produce a logo that was nearly identical yet worked much better at various sizes. Or look how the Florida Panthers managed to do the same with their (now alternate) logo. I really think the Raiders could stand to do something similar, especially with the impending move to Las Vegas.

• Like 1

I think the Minnesota Wild's attempts at a faux-retro jersey set are garbage. They should honestly go in the other direction and come up with something that fits the late-90s, early-00s logo design they have. Maybe something like the Stars' Mooterus jersey...?

53Ocz8U.png

On 4/6/2017 at 8:44 AM, BJ Sands said:

Football teams shouldn't retire numbers. Isn't practical. Any numbers that are retired should be thrown back into circulation.

Want to honor team legends? Go with a Ring of Honor.

No sports team should ever retire any number, regardless of popularity.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

I'm not sure this is unpopular, but I hate the Pirates current Fam-i-lee throwbacks. It's the cap and the pants that bug me. It's not a true pillbox hat and the black pants are terrible with the pajama style. 

• Like 2

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again