Unpopular Opinions

To go with the Brewers talk on the last page, here's an unpopular opinion:

I actually prefer their current scheme to the old blue and athletic gold. And I like their uniforms and logos, generally. They look better now than they ever have in their history, I'd say.

You're the guy!

Oh, you already knew that I'm that guy. Current scheme = terrific.

Germanic unis > all other Brewers unis.

!Bv%2806kw!Wk~$%28KGrHqR,!hwEv1+z%29szkBMES6DI-gw~~_3.JPG

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I actually prefer their current scheme to the old blue and athletic gold. And I like their uniforms and logos, generally. They look better now than they ever have in their history, I'd say.

You're the guy!

!Bv%2806kw!Wk~$%28KGrHqR,!hwEv1+z%29szkBMES6DI-gw~~_3.JPG

I'm not saying ur opinion is wrong, but I just disagree. Those German uniforms are the worst they've ever had.

I think the new uniforms are also outstanding. Keep that gold alt for home, blue alt for away, add Milwaukee script to grays, and add recolored versions of the BiG and barrel man logos as patches or alternate hats or something, and thats arguably one of the best modern sets in the league

You're the guy!

Totally agree. Once they dumped the "Motre Bame" hat in favor of "M", that was their best.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I don't really like the cartoon Orioles bird or the realistic one. I just like the script O.

I loved the black Lions jerseys.

I love the whole pro combat thing. It's fun to see a new uniform every now and then, and no harm done if it's bad considering it lasts for just one or two games.

16215.jpg

2503.jpg

5113.gif

787x.jpg

WVU '14

You're the guy!

Totally agree. Once they dumped the "Motre Bame" hat in favor of "M", that was their best.

This. I could take or leave the first version of the Germanic unis, but the latter version was perfect. Shame it was only around for three years and had to be associated with Wendy "Bud In Drag" Selig's reign of terror.

I always liked both of these:

Pittsburgh-Pirates-and-Los-Angeles-Dodgers-New-Era-Fitted-Hats-500x379.jpg

That said, ironically enough I hated the jerseys that were matched with both of them. The Pirates red sleeveless unis were especially atrocious (RFRS anyone?), and the Dodgers should never wear an alternate other than those gorgeous light blue Brooklyn throwbacks they currently use.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

I love the stretchy jersey trend going on, as well as the different panels on the jerseys that sometimes alternate between mesh and stretch fabric. I think it's pretty cool, although the numbers do get messed up too easily.

Contrasting panels were kind of cool at first:

Rockiesjersey4.jpg

But I think they have gotten WAY out of hand lately:

Adult-Scramble-Steel-Mesh-Foot-275444.jpg

And as far as the stretchy jerseys go, I hate how they don't allow for full shoulder stripes (case in point: UCLA).

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

NBA:

I think the look that all 30 teams are wearing now is each franchise's best look :P

Memphis looked better in Teal and black.

So much for the current look being the best one, eh?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

He is right about Memphis, however.

Black, red, and teal was a unique scheme in basketball and among major North American sports, and certainly better than the overdone, double blue look. The best thing in their current set is their alternate jersey, as well, making it even worse.

I thought the font in the past was awful, but the overall template was nice.

spacer.png

Just realized apparently this wasn't a popular opinion:

52975668_display_image.jpg?1321242491

EAD Lukas, the Mets black looks awesome.

Love the Bears orange:

chicago%20bears%2022%20matt%20forte%20orange%20jersey.jpg

I have loved all of the Ducks looks over the years, some I prefer more than others, but I like them all:

blog_psst_ducks.jpg

Football%20-%20Massoli%20(2009).jpg

104256091_display_image.jpg?1285096615

I dig the new Maryland unis:

Maryland_Uniforms.jpg

Picture_170.png

I enjoyed the all red and crazy helmet:

georgia1pg-vertical_display_image.jpg?1318319977

I like all of Boise State's unis, the orange are my favorites:

boise+state+orange+unis.jpg

boiseuni.jpg

2ly2w09.jpg

As horrible as the Blue Jays' 2004-2011 look was, I do think having a graphite/gray cap should get some points for, at the very least, being "unique."

I loved the Blue Jays look with black, blue, and gray.

Uniqueness no longer gets you anything apparently.

2ly2w09.jpg

As horrible as the Blue Jays' 2004-2011 look was, I do think having a graphite/gray cap should get some points for, at the very least, being "unique."

unique.jpg

It would have been passable if the team was actually just called the "Jays" or their colors had always been black, silver and blue or w/e they used on the '04-'11 sets.

I like truncated shoulder stripes on football jerseys. I think they should be considered a completely different design element than full sleeve stripes, and not necessarily a lesser one.

Nothing wrong with that. I always thought the stripes were meant to stop.

nfl-2008-peyton-manning-qb-indianapolis-colts.jpg

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.