Unpopular Opinions

As horrible as the Blue Jays' 2004-2011 look was, I do think having a graphite/gray cap should get some points for, at the very least, being "unique."

I loved the Blue Jays look with black, blue, and gray.

Uniqueness no longer gets you anything apparently.

unique.jpg

Stellar contribution with the picture. Really added to this thread. :rolleyes:

Some of us, myself included, appreciate when a team does something unique and not a carbon copy of the past or of other teams.

2ly2w09.jpg

As horrible as the Blue Jays' 2004-2011 look was, I do think having a graphite/gray cap should get some points for, at the very least, being "unique."

unique.jpg

Some of us, myself included, appreciate when a team does something unique and not a carbon copy of the past or of other teams.

Agreed. I liked the graphite cap. It wasn't only unique - it looked good. I wish they had at least kept it as an alternate.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

I think his point is valid - unique by itself is neutral, neither good nor bad. It's entirely up to what they do with it.

Myself, I loved the graphite cap but hated everything else about that set. Dark gray is a sadly underused color in sports. Or maybe I'm just sad that my Admirals traded their gorgeous gray sweaters for yet another black sweater.

...my Admirals traded their gorgeous gray sweaters...

When'd they have those? All I remember is the really crappy ones they had with the dumb kid pirate logo.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The Mariners' set is terrible.

Care to elaborate? I respect that you have your own opinion, but is there any particular reason why you think they are terrible?

Eh, a few things. I just think that the colors are kind of outdated, and it's hard to make a combination like that work. Navy/Turquoise/silver all look dark and I personally don't like how they mix together. They don't really have a color that pops off the other. I'm not overly sure exactly, but everytime I see the logo I pick out things I don't like and wish they updated it. It would be sweet to see Seattle match all the teams' colors.

But I can definitely say it's that damn aqua color being used a lot.

I think with a few minor tweaks, the Padres' new set would be one of the top 5 in the league. Just put the swinging friar on the sleeve of each jersey (except the military alt) and outline the road script and numbers with sand, and voila. Perfect. The double sleeve piping is really, really great especially.

Seeing as how the Padres have been a "blue team" all my life, them keeping blue doesn't bother me at all. I guess it's just one of those examples of your particular generation influencing your preferences in uniforms. While I would have welcomed brown, the Padres will probably always be a "blue team" to me.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

unique.jpg

First off, what Goth said. A unique set that looks terrible isn't suddenly good just because it's unique.

Secondly the Jays didn't "carbon copy" the past. They took the classic look and updated it.

As for the graphite cap? Sorry loooooogodude. Unique or not, it doesn't fit in with the current set. Different colours and logos.

unique.jpg

First off, what Goth said. A unique set that looks terrible isn't suddenly good just because it's unique.

Secondly the Jays didn't "carbon copy" the past. They took the classic look and updated it.

As for the graphite cap? Sorry loooooogodude. Unique or not, it doesn't fit in with the current set. Different colours and logos.

That's the way I look at most unique things too. Just because Team A adopts a purple and orange color scheme that no one else in the league has, doesn't make it good. It's unique, sure, but unique =/= good.

spacer.png

unique.jpg

That's the way I look at most unique things too. Just because Team A adopts a purple and orange color scheme that no one else in the league has, doesn't make it good. It's unique, sure, but unique =/= good.

But "unique" doesn't necessarily mean "bad," either. You should consider looks based on how good they look in addition to how unique they are. Just because Team A adopts (insert unique color combo here that no one else has) doesn't make it bad. Unique sometimes =/= good, not always. You should look at things on a case-by-case basis, or else you're going to throw out a lot of good, original looks.

And sorry, Ice_Crap. You misunderstood me. I was saying they should have kept the graphite cap as an alternate during their last set instead of ditching it after just two seasons. Obviously it wouldn't fit at all in their current set.

I loved this look for the Pirates. But it could have used a P outlined in red and a red bill for the cap.

458314433_d02bb49fac_o.jpg

Agreed.

Don't see what the big issue was with these.

I liked these too. I thought they were unique... AND looked decent.

I imagine most of the dislike of them was regarding the fact that a lot of people thought red shouldn't have been a part of their color scheme to begin with. But I didn't mind them.