Unpopular Opinions

2 hours ago, insert name said:

and here I thought I was the youngest one. (1995)

Nah, as far as I know, that honor belongs to @RealSkillsAbraham.

2 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

This schmuck graduated high school the same year Danny was born. Thanks for reminding me again how elderly I am, Danny.

Anytime :P

"It is better to have fought and lost than to not have fought at all."

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2017 at 1:20 PM, FinsUp1214 said:

Jackie Bradley Jr.’s arm sleeve has reminded me how much more I prefer navy undershirts/sleeves to red for the Red Sox.

Oh, vastly superior.

teamphoto_1996.jpg

Red has never been a good base color for the Red Sox. Undershirts, hats, jerseys, jackets, they all look bad in red.

• Like 3

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Bills-Dolphins game looked really awesome with both teams wearing their old school uniforms.

That being said, I still don't understand the constant chanting of so many people to make everything retro new again. These uniforms are great serving their purpose as a special treat. A turn-back-the-clock change up. In my unpopular opinion, they should be left in that role. Keep the current uniforms as the current uniforms and the throwbacks as a once or twice a season alternate uniform. 

And that goes for pretty much all of these teams, not just the Bills and Dolphins. Every time a professional team wears throwback jerseys there are fans hollering to make them the regular uniforms. I just don't understand it.

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, Rocky Raccoon said:

The Bills-Dolphins game looked really awesome with both teams wearing their old school uniforms.

That being said, I still don't understand the constant chanting of so many people to make everything retro new again. These uniforms are great serving their purpose as a special treat. A turn-back-the-clock change up. In my unpopular opinion, they should be left in that role. Keep the current uniforms as the current uniforms and the throwbacks as a once or twice a season alternate uniform. 

And that goes for pretty much all of these teams, not just the Bills and Dolphins. Every time a professional team wears throwback jerseys there are fans hollering to make them the regular uniforms. I just don't understand it.

because for teams like the Rams and Dolphins, their current set just doesn't stack up compared to the throwbacks. Especially the Rams who are wearing a top that doesn't match the pants or helmet. 

• Like 3

XM4KeeA.png

11 hours ago, insert name said:

because for teams like the Rams and Dolphins, their current set just doesn't stack up compared to the throwbacks. Especially the Rams who are wearing a top that doesn't match the pants or helmet. 

I agree with the Rams but they’re a different case because their current uniforms have been made a mess with the  different color horns on the helmet versus the jersey. They’re also getting new uniforms anyway.

1 hour ago, Ice_Cap said:

The Dolphins have a cruise ship-esque logo and identity. That’s why the throwbacks are so appealing. 

If the new logo is cruise ship-esque (whatever that means) what does that make the shriveled up on the shore looking logo from the ‘60s?

I really like both looks, but there’s a reason that original logo was updated over the years.

Just now, Rocky Raccoon said:

1 hour ago, Ice_Cap said:

The Dolphins have a cruise ship-esque logo and identity. That’s why the throwbacks are so appealing. 

If the new logo is cruise ship-esque (whatever that means) what does that make the shrivelered up, old looking logo from the ‘60s?

I don’t get shriveled up at all. I get old, sure. Grungy? Sure. That’s fine though. It has a very “old time Florida roadside attraction” vibe, which I think works for them.

1 minute ago, Rocky Raccoon said:

there’s a reason that original logo was updated over the years.

There sure is. That reason’s called “the 90s,” and a lot of bad reasoning reigned supreme at the time :P 

• Like 2

Just adding my two cents to all of this:

NFL

I don't think the Bucs' jerseys are that bad. The font is strange, but not awful.

The Steelers need a rebrand. It's classic, sure, but the logo has nothing to do with steel or Pittsburgh. (Edit: no it doesn't I need to do my research!)

The Raiders' logo needs updating. The shading on it doesn't look great.

NBA

The Bulls need a brighter shade of red. Plus, the font on their logo needs an update.

The Pistons' identity is the worst in the NBA. It has nothing to do with Detroit or pistons. Go back to the horse.

The Warriors' logo is bad. It's just a bridge, and that bridge is not iconic at all. They should go back to the star on the bay with California in the background.

The Lakers need an update. All they need to do is remove the "speed marks" on the Lakers part, and update the colors.

The Clippers' identity isn't awful, and was definitely an improvement over what they had before. However, they should still go back to blue and orange.

The Hornets have the best color scheme in all of sports.

MLB

The Orioles need to go back to the cartoon bird. It looks much better.

The Anaheim Angels logo is great and they should go back to that.

The Yankees logo is bad. Just switch to the NY logo.

Note to Cleveland, Detroit, Colorado, Pittsburgh, and San Diego: just letters without any sort of design looks bad as a primary.

The Marlins color scheme and logo is great and is one of the best in the MLB.

NHL

The Hurricanes logo is great, and their identity isn't bad, but it doesn't hold a candle to the Whalers.

Fauxback logos are dumb. New York (both of them), Pittsburgh, Buffalo, and Toronto's logos all look awful. (Especially Pittsburgh.)

The Minnesota Wild have the best logo in all of sports. Period.

The Golden Knights name and logo are great, but they just need to get rid of the white on the logo.

MLS

DC United and Columbus need to update. Their logos look outdated.

The New England Revolution's logo is amazing. Absolutely beautiful.

Anyway, those are my opinions. Not sure how many of them are actually unpopular (387 pages are a lot to go through), but here they are for arguing with about how x logo is clearly better than y logo. Enjoy!

Edited by QueenCitySwarm
I was wrong
  • Like 1

the user formerly known as cdclt

1 hour ago, QueenCitySwarm said:

The Steelers need a rebrand. It's classic, sure, but the logo has nothing to do with steel or Pittsburgh.

The Steelers logo is based on the Steelmark logo belonging to the American Iron and Steel Institute (AISI). ... The logo's meaning was later amended to represent the three materials used to produce steel: yellow for coal; orange for iron ore; and blue for steelscrap.”

600px-Steelmark_logo.svg.png

• Like 5

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

2 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

The Steelers logo is based on the Steelmark logo belonging to the American Iron and Steel Institute (AISI). ... The logo's meaning was later amended to represent the three materials used to produce steel: yellow for coal; orange for iron ore; and blue for steelscrap.”

You can imagine why the orange changed to red (2 division rivals use orange)

23 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

Huh. Today I learned. Well that makes the Steelers' logo great! Thank you for telling me this.

• Like 2

the user formerly known as cdclt

On 1/1/2018 at 4:52 PM, QueenCitySwarm said:

Just adding my two cents to all of this:

MLB

The Orioles need to go back to the cartoon bird. It looks much better. As in change the primary? Because they only use the cartoon bird for caps now.

The Anaheim Angels logo is great and they should go back to that. Which one?

The Yankees logo is bad. Just switch to the NY logo. Ok.

Note to Cleveland, Detroit, Colorado, Pittsburgh, and San Diego: just letters without any sort of design looks bad as a primary. Wait what about the Yankees?

Notes above. I'm on board with a lot of your opinion actually.