Unpopular Opinions

On 1/17/2018 at 1:21 AM, Ben in LA said:

I like plain uniforms. The Padres uni would be even better if they replaced the navy with BROWN.

I like cream jerseys.

I do agree with this.  The uniform would be equally plain but it would at least be unique.  There's tons of blue in MLB and essentially no brown.

I think it needs another color (most of us think yellow, I think orange, a few think things like light blue).  But if they want to be boring, going with brown would at least set them apart some.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

10 hours ago, whitedawg22 said:

Here you go.  :P

qbYPCvw.jpg

Does anyone else picture a cartoon-like setup where there's a moon down by the chin strap buckle that rotates up and changes the background of the helmet from day to night?

• Like 2

On 10/17/2017 at 3:32 PM, Ben in LA said:

This is the EXACT case with me when it comes to the Dodgers and Angels. I follow both teams ( and want success with both; a Dodgers/Angels WS would be a dream)...but I’m a Dodgers fan more.

38F74B74-B9D6-4012-A0B4-0005A3E9028A.jpeg

It's hard to tell whether the Angels logo is desecrating the Dodgers logo, or if the Dodgers logo is impaling the Angels logo.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

As a one-game thing, white pants don't look horrible in hockey. While the Kings' 2015 Stadium Series uniform would have looked better with gray or black pants, both the Pacific Division All-Stars and Maple Leafs Stadium Series uniforms this year look good with white pants.

• Like 2

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

1 hour ago, Jimmy Lethal said:

I prefer the Eagles in midnight green; not only is it unique to them, but they've appeared in two Super Bowls and won their only one in it. I usually associate Kelly green with the Jets, anyway.

Honestly, I think they should do both. Just replace the black with Kelly Green. 

• Like 2

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

4 hours ago, WavePunter said:

It's there already

is it?

i'm not arguing, i honestly don't know.

i thought they slowly phased out all their silver for that gunmetal shade of dark grey over the years, and even then, only in outlines.

10 hours ago, ColeJ said:

is it?

i'm not arguing, i honestly don't know.

i thought they slowly phased out all their silver for that gunmetal shade of dark grey over the years, and even then, only in outlines.

If nothing else, it's at least present in the helmet wings and sleeve logos.. With the amount of white and black they use, I think the silver and charcoal grey both get lost.. A nice medium-light grey would eliminate an unnecessary color from their palette and be more distinctive on their uniforms, as well as visually tie more closely to the silver of the past

• Like 1