Jump to content

Unpopular Opinions


Recommended Posts

On 1/1/2018 at 5:01 PM, Ark said:

I just learned this opinion is unpopular...

 

I love the Rams and Giants dual-shades of blue

 

900109690.jpg

 

3f41a4b5c666605eab423d481cfc91ec--lawren

 

Even though the helmets and uniforms are both blue, the helmets stand on their own. 

I read somewhere that the reason for the differing blue was because the helmet dyes could not emulate the royal blue on the jerseys of both teams.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

Am I the only one who thinks the red YouTube logo doesn't look terrible on LAFC's kit? Not that it necessarily looks good, but imo it doesn't "ruin" what is still a spectacular kit. 

I’m of the opinion that giant ads taking up the centre space of a uniform ruin every kit. Some just match colours better than others

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/24/2018 at 1:24 PM, Jimmy Lethal said:

I prefer the Eagles in midnight green; not only is it unique to them, but they've appeared in two Super Bowls and won their only one in it. I usually associate Kelly green with the Jets, anyway.

Uffff, and everyone had a dark green car in the 90s!!!!! So bland, bring back some liveliness!!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I generally don't like BFBS uniforms, but how bad they look depends a lot on the team's regular color scheme. If your main color is navy blue or maroon, black will necessarily look terrible on you (take note, Cleveland Cavaliers, plus Butler Bulldogs, West Virginia Mountaineers, Xavier Musketeers, Gonzaga Bulldogs, Stanford Cardinal, Temple Owls, and a host of other D1 basketball schools). If your primary is purple or Kelly green, it's likely that black won't look quite so terrible - although almost nobody wears Kelly green anymore (Washington Huskies, Northwestern Wildcats, Boston Celtics, Dallas Stars). Finally, if your primary color is a bright shade of red, BFBS is liable to work so well that many may not realize black isn't one of your official colors (Rutgers Scarlet Knights and North Carolina State Wolfpack are good examples of this).

 

Other colors and shades kind of have to be handled individually.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/15/2018 at 3:54 PM, Jimmy Lethal said:

Flying Elvis is a far better logo than Pat Patriot. It's sleek and clean, while Pat's far too detailed to effectively work as a football logo. I have the same issue with the pre-1996 Eagles logo.

I agree. Pat Patriot is fine as a secondary logo for merchandise, but doesn't work well as an actual sports logo. However, I also think the brighter colors the Patriots used, circa 1993-1999, were better. Seems they, along with several other teams, used darker colors with the onset of the new millennium. But with some teams starting to go back to brighter colors (such as Kelly green), I wouldn't mind the Patriots do the same.

 

tfj1deqds0ryxeaz9hjq2gkeg.pngy71myf8mlwlk8lbgagh3fd5e0.png

 

Granted, was not a fan of that era's jersey, especially with the fake pinstripes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

mf5mixgc3gfyhve1pe8ax3gci.gif

rfvtdop0zlrtykyg9bi8a9pd2.gif

 

I gotta be honest, I really like these Jersey's more. Especially the road version. (as well as the lighter Blue Flying Elvis)

The "pinstripes" really aren't that noticeable unless you really look at them. 

 

IDK why they've never once used these as some kind of throwback. It's the only ones they could get away with with that dumb helmet rule now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, ozzyman314 said:

mf5mixgc3gfyhve1pe8ax3gci.gif

rfvtdop0zlrtykyg9bi8a9pd2.gif

 

I gotta be honest, I really like these Jersey's more. Especially the road version. (as well as the lighter Blue Flying Elvis)

The "pinstripes" really aren't that noticeable unless you really look at them. 

 

IDK why they've never once used these as some kind of throwback. It's the only ones they could get away with with that dumb helmet rule now. 

I think what bothers me the most about these are the numbers. I just hate that font, at least the italic. The numbers the Patriots use now are really good, and could easily be recolored for a modern variant of this  uniform style. I guess I should restate my opinion, it's really not all that bad. I think I disliked the pinstripes more because it reminds me of a soccer team than me actually not liking them in terms of design.

 

As to why the Patriots don't revive them for a throwback, no idea. Maybe because the lone Super Bowl run aside, the Patriots just weren't that great of a franchise during that era. Or maybe Kraft just really hates them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Quillz said:

I think what bothers me the most about these are the numbers. I just hate that font, at least the italic. The numbers the Patriots use now are really good, and could easily be recolored for a modern variant of this  uniform style. I guess I should restate my opinion, it's really not all that bad. I think I disliked the pinstripes more because it reminds me of a soccer team than me actually not liking them in terms of design.

 

As to why the Patriots don't revive them for a throwback, no idea. Maybe because the lone Super Bowl run aside, the Patriots just weren't that great of a franchise during that era. Or maybe Kraft just really hates them.

Funny, That's actually what I like about them (that and the giant Flying Elvis on the shoulders).

I admit I'm a bit of a sucker for that cheesy, 90's "3D" effect. Plus I think the Colors of the numbers compliment each other so well. Red on Blue for the road Jersey, and White on Red for the Home Jersey. 

As far as those "soccer stripes", like I said, I never found them that noticeable unless they got really close.  

It's weird because I usually hate the white road jersey for most teams, but this Patriots one is honestly one of my favorite sports jerseys. Of course naturally that means they're impossible to find, and the only one I don't have in my collection<_<.  Just one more reason I'd love to see them make a comeback. Maybe 2020 for NFL 100 or The Patriots 60th? 

The Pats were better in that era than they were in the Red "Pat Patriots" uniforms, Maybe Kraft just doesn't think they'd be as popular as the Red ones. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Quillz said:

I agree. Pat Patriot is fine as a secondary logo for merchandise, but doesn't work well as an actual sports logo. However, I also think the brighter colors the Patriots used, circa 1993-1999, were better. Seems they, along with several other teams, used darker colors with the onset of the new millennium. But with some teams starting to go back to brighter colors (such as Kelly green), I wouldn't mind the Patriots do the same.

 

tfj1deqds0ryxeaz9hjq2gkeg.pngy71myf8mlwlk8lbgagh3fd5e0.png

 

Granted, was not a fan of that era's jersey, especially with the fake pinstripes.

 

Navy makes more sense for the Patriots, plus I like it better anyway.

 

t1larg.revolutionary-war-reinactment.t1l

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Quillz said:

I agree. Pat Patriot is fine as a secondary logo for merchandise, but doesn't work well as an actual sports logo. However, I also think the brighter colors the Patriots used, circa 1993-1999, were better. Seems they, along with several other teams, used darker colors with the onset of the new millennium. But with some teams starting to go back to brighter colors (such as Kelly green), I wouldn't mind the Patriots do the same.

 

tfj1deqds0ryxeaz9hjq2gkeg.pngy71myf8mlwlk8lbgagh3fd5e0.png

 

Granted, was not a fan of that era's jersey, especially with the fake pinstripes.

 

Side by side the navy version looks SO much better.

 

The only problem with the Pats identity is their messy uniforms that are really dated but also haven't changed since the franchise became immaculate. Pretty unfortunate since they have beautiful throwbacks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Quillz said:

Maybe because the lone Super Bowl run aside, the Patriots just weren't that great of a franchise during that era. Or maybe Kraft just really hates them.

 

Well they weren't awful, either.  3 playoff teams in five years is success a lot of teams would like.

 

I'd be happy if the Pats brought back the pants stripes from the 94-99 years (includes the second Apex set) and put them on the current set (navy instead of royal, of course) and took off the piping, and changed the socks.  

 

No piping and those stripes look great. (The royal blue always looked great in cold weather games, too).

 

temp20130401-woody-draft.jpg?itok=yU_yGV

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.