Unpopular Opinions

7 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Potentially not unpopular but I prefer baseball fights/benches clearing to be done exclusively wearing alternate uniforms. The clear color definition of "red team vs blue team" or "blue vs black" "red vs navy" etc etc just looks visually appealing to me when there's 50 guys out there on the field lol. 

I'd say one alternate vs. one primary would do the trick just as well.

I could totally see Earl Weaver doing this.  "Guys, we're wearing our orange alts because we're throwing at their best player.  Let's clear the benches today and don't hit the guys in the bright orange uniforms."

• Like 6

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

10 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

We're basically agreeing right? I blamed the 2000s rebrand for being weak and you're saying the mid 90s look didn't establish itself enough so yea the bottom line is the Brewers haven't had a strong enough or long enough identity after the BiG to make people forget about the BiG. Maintaining the mid 90s identity into today would have definitely helped the matter. 

We are.  I'm just using your point as a jumpoff point to make mine to the BiG detractors... that there was no reason for the Brewers to rebrand so close to the club's first major overhaul which yielded some pretty nice uniforms in their own right.  It was just a cynical cash grab to tie in with the move to Miller Park.

Now, with the success of the Blue Jays and Astros rebrands, on top of the Brewers fauxbacks, most fans have it set in stone what they want.

On 5/30/2018 at 10:58 AM, clonewars2008 said:

Not sure if this was said already but I think that the Colts should go back to the blue facemask and blue pants for the away uniform. 

This is more unpopular. They should go back to numbers inside the horseshoe

If you read on the card you'll be cheating on your heart.

I've said this elsewhere but I think the 1976 White Sox uniforms are one of the most genius designs ever to come out of that era.

jorge-orta-of-the-chicago-white-sox-batswhite-sox-1976-throwback-jerseys-5.jpeg

1: It was a throwback uniform before throwback uniforms

2: It really did emphasis player performance before that became a buzzword. Players who wore it called it the most comfortable they'd ever worn. They even had mesh jerseys for hot days.
3: It solved the white socks color balance issue. 
4: It used one piece hose decades before it became standard while still maintaining sock stripes. 
5: It introduced the horizontal S-O-X logo and accompanying batterman which Sox fans seem to love. 
6: The uniform itself, not the script and not the color scheme were the radical features. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I've said this elsewhere but I think the 1976 White Sox uniforms are one of the most genius designs ever to come out of that era.

jorge-orta-of-the-chicago-white-sox-bats

Take away the disco collar and this isn't a bad uniform.  I wouldn't mind seeing a fauxback version of this on a modern template.

15 hours ago, NicDB said:

We are.  I'm just using your point as a jumpoff point to make mine to the BiG detractors... that there was no reason for the Brewers to rebrand so close to the club's first major overhaul which yielded some pretty nice uniforms in their own right.  It was just a cynical cash grab to tie in with the move to Miller Park.

Now, with the success of the Blue Jays and Astros rebrands, on top of the Brewers fauxbacks, most fans have it set in stone what they want.

Was there an ownership change to coincide with the rebrand or was it only because of the opening of Miller Park?

8 hours ago, NicDB said:

Take away the disco collar and this isn't a bad uniform.  I wouldn't mind seeing a fauxback version of this on a modern template.

The uniform looks nice overall, but it's a little incongruous to have the ultra-modern "SOX" logo on the cap and the ultra-retro "CHICAGO" font on the jerseys.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

39 minutes ago, whitedawg22 said:

The uniform looks nice overall, but it's a little incongruous to have the ultra-modern "SOX" logo on the cap and the ultra-retro "CHICAGO" font on the jerseys.

Actually the cap logo is also a throwback to the pennant in this photo. It's a throwback you wouldn't expect to be a throwback. 

853a10a003a4da495ecd32361d2dcce0.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, whitedawg22 said:

Yeah, if it were to be brought back, I'd prefer to see it with the current "SOX" monogram.

4 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Was there an ownership change to coincide with the rebrand or was it only because of the opening of Miller Park?

Just Miller Park.  The Selig family was the team's only owner until 2004 when Mark Attanasio bought it.

I love the Buccaneers current uni’s, minus the Bucs script on the sleeve and the pant stripe. I’ve even come around to their number font though some of the numbers need to be simplified. Besides those three things I think they look awesome. I’m honestly surprised by how much hate they get.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2018 at 4:52 PM, BrianLion said:

Marlins can't legally go back to being the "Florida Marlins" due to their deal with the city of Miami so I'd think a return to the exact old logo would be a no go. Perhaps they'll go the route of something similar featuring an "M"

I've not seen a copy of their stadium contract.  Could they pull a "Florida Marlins of Miami," perhaps?

nav-logo.png

54 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

I REALLY like the Texas Rangers cap logo.. ESPECIALLY with the drop shadow 

I like the Rangers entire identity.  I wouldn't be upset if they changed the cap logo to be more consistent with the scripts, but it's a good look overall.  I can even deal with the colors since they're the colors of the Texas flag and the Rangers have incorporated it into their uniforms.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jimmy Lethal said:

The retro trend in hockey sucks. Most of the NHL looked pretty killer in the pre-Edge '00s, there was no reason for everyone to start playing O6 dress-up.

Who, outside of Tampa Bay and the Original Six themselves, is playing Original Six Dress-up and isn't using a look that is derivative of an earlier look in the team's history?

• Like 1

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)