Unpopular Opinions

fan_throws_banana_peel_at_flyers_wayne_simmonds.jpg

Ilya+Bryzgalov+Philadelphia+Flyers+v+Boston+tfBtIcqgCiGl.jpg

I adore the Flyers uniforms. The captaincy patches, the sleeve numbers, the discolored nameplates, the everything.

I didn't realize that was an unpopular opinion. I'd have to agree with it, the Flyers look great. Other unpopular opinions:

1. I don't like the look of the Colorado Avalanche, graphics or colors

2. (Not about sports logos, but was being discussed on the last page) The episode of Family Guy with the Surfin' Bird is not funny IMO

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

That seems to be the popular opinion about them. Me, I don't like them at all. Give me the 80s/90s versions any day.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

fan_throws_banana_peel_at_flyers_wayne_simmonds.jpg

Ilya+Bryzgalov+Philadelphia+Flyers+v+Boston+tfBtIcqgCiGl.jpg

I adore the Flyers uniforms. The captaincy patches, the sleeve numbers, the discolored nameplates, the everything.

I didn't realize that was an unpopular opinion. I'd have to agree with it, the Flyers look great.

I've heard a lot of people complain about the contrasting nameplates and the white captaincy patches on the white sweaters, so I assumed (incorrectly, Perhaps) that people didn't like them.

Other unpopular opinions:

1. I don't like the look of the Colorado Avalanche, graphics or colors

2. (Not about sports logos, but was being discussed on the last page) The episode of Family Guy with the Surfin' Bird is not funny IMO

Agree on both.

*Insert anti-Family Guy troll bait here*

spacer.png

I preferred the Bucks when they were purple and green.

655170_display_image.jpg?1290551048

If only they stayed in town...

2002354230.jpg

sonics7.jpg

sonics4_resize.jpg

I'm not sure how unpopular this set actually is, but it's one of my favorites in recent memory.

ahh Ray Allen. man, He Got Game happy.gif

He looks best here:

celtics2.jpg

^_^

On the topic of the Sonics' uniforms, I actually think they were among the best in the NBA before the relocation, and certainly better than the Kemp/Payton era ones.

spacer.png

2002354230.jpg

sonics7.jpg

sonics4_resize.jpg

I'm not sure how unpopular this set actually is, but it's one of my favorites in recent memory.

Agreed. I think this is the best the Sonics have looked.

While the original arching uniforms were good, I never liked that bland "Sonics" font--it always looked too plain and it shouldn't simply be brought back full-time (if and when the the Sonics return someday):

lenny.jpg

The late 90s look had a logo/script that was too big on the uniform and, while red was a nice addition to the color scheme, was featured too predominantly, IMO:

seattle-supersonics-sam-perkins-194-topps-1994-95-stadium-club-basketball-card-689-p.jpg

The last set Seattle wore was a good update on the original arching uniforms, with its unique, bifurcated (similar to what Memphis has had) "Sonics" and "Seattle" font. The only thing I'd like to see them try (if and when the they return) is to get an arch on the back, with the player name inside.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

The happy medium between the old Sonics uniforms and the neo-retro would simply been to put yellow numbers on the road and incorporate the Seattle skyline in their basketball logo rather than just an S. The radial-without-rotating arching of the old uniforms looked hysterically cheap even then.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2002354230.jpgGateway_Arch_600.jpg

I never realized it before, but that would be the perfect jersey style if St. Louis had a basketball team.

Especially when combined with the shorts, tell me that doesn't look like the Gateway Arch.

Has anybody ever done a concept of this? I mean, I can't be the only one who has realized this, right?

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

On the topic of the Sonics' uniforms, I actually think they were among the best in the NBA before the relocation, and certainly better than the Kemp/Payton era ones.

Those unis were everything that was bad about '90s NBA unis. The big slanted wordmark, the insanely thick drop shadow around the wordmark in addition to all the outlining, plus they just had to awkwardly tack the Space needle onto the primary logo. Way too much going on. Probably second only to the Spurs '90s primary.

payton_kemp_karl.jpg

seattle_sonics_logo__2_.jpg

Spurs-Previous.gif

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

Spurs-Previous.gif

I was going to post this!

Everyone on the comments section hates it. I thought you were going to say you like this logo, oh well. I wish they would have included these colors on their unis at least once.

Agreed with the D-Backs one too.

I LOVED the Diamondbacks' old purple, teal, gold and black color scheme.

2001diamondbacksgal640.jpg

I don't think this is a very unpopular opinion at all, at least on these boards.

I've honestly not heard much in the way of either supporting or being against this or the new look. I just figured the majority of people were against it. But I LOVE it!

I LOVED the Diamondbacks' old purple, teal, gold and black color scheme.

2001diamondbacksgal640.jpg

I don't think this is a very unpopular opinion at all, at least on these boards.

I've honestly not heard much in the way of either supporting or being against this or the new look. I just figured the majority of people were against it. But I LOVE it!

There was a thread here a few months ago about the Diamondbacks wearing the throwbacks to the World Series year, and many people were voicing their support of the 90s color scheme.

Personally, I despise most 90s color schemes (teal and purple used to excess) and I vastly prefer the new D-Backs look but I actually think I'm in minority.

spacer.png