Unpopular Opinions

On 8/6/2018 at 6:41 PM, daveindc said:

Image result for reds 1993

Reds should go back to this look, head to toe. At least as a weekly throwback. 

I like everything but the hat. The only they had they need is the red hat with the white C and no dropshadow.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

12 hours ago, Ark said:

I really like these uniforms BECAUSE OF the Reebok Edge piping.

10017986-nhl-stanley-cup-playoffs-chicag

GhyCyVs.jpg

The balance of yellow and blue is perfect. 

That's certainly a perfect post for this thread, because holy smokes are those things fugly. The color balance is fine, but the design is awful.

• Like 3
oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

15 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

The Cincinnati Bengals should wear orange jerseys as their primary. I don't know that this necessarily constitutes an unpopular opinion (I've never seen it elsewhere), but this seems like the best place to put this thought.

I agree. Tigers are orange with black stripes, not the other way around.

A two-fer, featuring a pair of bitter rivals from down south:

- South Carolina would look better if they were just garnet and white, no black.

- Clemson would look better if they'd make purple more prominent. I get that it's their secondary color, not their primary, but it seems like it's used in a very reserved fashion in most of their sports uniforms, and as short a wavelength as purple has it can't really work well when it's used sparingly.

15 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

I don't think uniforms should have Home-Away-Alternate designation. The NBA made a good step forward by axing the designations.

Soccer's got the right idea.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

But every nearly detail on the Bengals' unis (past and present) has been orange with black stripes. On the black jerseys, it was always an orange background with black stripes on top.. 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

34 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

But every nearly detail on the Bengals' unis (past and present) has been orange with black stripes. On the black jerseys, it was always an orange background with black stripes on top.. 

That's true too. All I know for sure is, they need to get rid of those stupid side panels.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pelicanfan said:

Anyone know how I can stop getting notifications from this thread? I’m new here. Also here’s my unpopular opinion: I hate the color navy in the nba there’s way too many teams wearing it. I do accept the pacers and pelicans usage of it tho

There should be a button in the top right corner of the forum page, that says Following. Click than, and then click the red "Unfollow" button.

• Like 1

On 8/28/2018 at 2:57 PM, MCM0313 said:

Well, that could send us down a rabbit hole of "lions aren't blue." For me, a lot of the reason I want this is separation from the Browns. The Bengals' origins, and older uniforms make it clear that they were meant to be a Browns clone. Plus, nobody else in the league wears orange helmets and orange jerseys as their primary look. I'd even like them to have orange pants added as the away option because orange-white-orange can be a great look (unless you're the Browns).

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

Well, that could send us down a rabbit hole of "lions aren't blue." For me, a lot of the reason I want this is separation from the Browns. The Bengals' origins, and older uniforms make it clear that they were meant to be a Browns clone. Plus, nobody else in the league wears orange helmets and orange jerseys as their primary look. I'd even like them to have orange pants added as the away option because orange-white-orange can be a great look (unless you're the Browns).

Are you sure?

Image result for cleveland browns 1975-1983

I like this look

Heck, this is one the best combos the Browns have in their garbage set

Image result for cleveland browns white over orange

• Like 2

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

2 hours ago, RealSkillsAbraham said:

Are you sure?

Image result for cleveland browns 1975-1983

I like this look

Heck, this is one the best combos the Browns have in their garbage set

Image result for cleveland browns white over orange

Agreed. The Kardiac Kids look was great. I liked it better than their more "classic" getup. Not sure there are any good looks to be had in their current set though.

The modern browns uniforms aren't awful. It's a fine uniform minus a few obnoxious and unnecessary details (Like the wordmark pants). It's a downgrade for sure, but its not the horrific monstrosity many on this board make it out to be. Of course this happens any time a """""""""classic"""""""" team makes a uniform change. I'd like to see them return to their previous unis, but if you removed the 'BROWNS' word mark from the pants and shortened the shoulder stripes from encroaching on the chest I think its a decent look. I'm actually a big fan of the large chest wordmark as well, it's distinctive for the NFL while being reminiscent of youth football.

• Like 7

I like the Ravens better in black pants. They definitely NEED striping and some sort of white stripe would be ideal.

But I think black pants help convey the ‘darkness’ of their identity better, plus as a personal matter of taste I prefer a two colour maximum between helmet/jerseys/pants. 

White pants with the purple jerseys and black helmets just looks a bit messy. And the other purple team already wears white pants at home. 

In saying that, I think white pants with the Ravens road and alternate sets are fine, simply because they match better. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Prince Harry said:

I like the Ravens better in black pants. They definitely NEED striping and some sort of white stripe would be ideal.

But I think black pants help convey the ‘darkness’ of their identity better, plus as a personal matter of taste I prefer a two colour maximum between helmet/jerseys/pants. 

White pants with the purple jerseys and black helmets just looks a bit messy. And the other purple team already wears white pants at home. 

In saying that, I think white pants with the Ravens road and alternate sets are fine, simply because they match better. 

Ravens are the one team I think can get away with all black and should be doing so.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Chromatic said:

The modern browns uniforms aren't awful. It's a fine uniform minus a few obnoxious and unnecessary details (Like the wordmark pants). It's a downgrade for sure, but its not the horrific monstrosity many on this board make it out to be. Of course this happens any time a """""""""classic"""""""" team makes a uniform change. I'd like to see them return to their previous unis, but if you removed the 'BROWNS' word mark from the pants and shortened the shoulder stripes from encroaching on the chest I think its a decent look. I'm actually a big fan of the large chest wordmark as well, it's distinctive for the NFL while being reminiscent of youth football.

I totally agree. Only change that you didn’t say that I would do is change the numbers on the home to white with an orange shadow.

ExJworW.png