raysox

Unpopular Opinions

Recommended Posts

On 8/7/2018 at 12:41 AM, daveindc said:

Image result for reds 1993

 

 

Reds should go back to this look, head to toe. At least as a weekly throwback. 

This would be a great Sunday home look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2018 at 6:41 PM, daveindc said:

Image result for reds 1993

 

 

Reds should go back to this look, head to toe. At least as a weekly throwback. 

 

I like everything but the hat. The only they had they need is the red hat with the white C and no dropshadow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Ark said:

I really like these uniforms BECAUSE OF the Reebok Edge piping.

 

10017986-nhl-stanley-cup-playoffs-chicag

 

GhyCyVs.jpg

 

The balance of yellow and blue is perfect. 

 

That's certainly a perfect post for this thread, because holy smokes are those things fugly. The color balance is fine, but the design is awful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

The Cincinnati Bengals should wear orange jerseys as their primary. I don't know that this necessarily constitutes an unpopular opinion (I've never seen it elsewhere), but this seems like the best place to put this thought.

I agree. Tigers are orange with black stripes, not the other way around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A two-fer, featuring a pair of bitter rivals from down south:

 

- South Carolina would look better if they were just garnet and white, no black.

 

- Clemson would look better if they'd make purple more prominent. I get that it's their secondary color, not their primary, but it seems like it's used in a very reserved fashion in most of their sports uniforms, and as short a wavelength as purple has it can't really work well when it's used sparingly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think uniforms should have Home-Away-Alternate designation. The NBA made a good step forward by axing the designations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

I don't think uniforms should have Home-Away-Alternate designation. The NBA made a good step forward by axing the designations.

Soccer's got the right idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

I agree. Tigers are orange with black stripes, not the other way around.

 

But every nearly detail on the Bengals' unis (past and present) has been orange with black stripes. On the black jerseys, it was always an orange background with black stripes on top.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

 

But every nearly detail on the Bengals' unis (past and present) has been orange with black stripes. On the black jerseys, it was always an orange background with black stripes on top.. 

That's true too. All I know for sure is, they need to get rid of those stupid side panels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know how I can stop getting notifications from this thread? I’m new here. Also here’s my unpopular opinion: I hate the color navy in the nba there’s way too many teams wearing it. I do accept the pacers and pelicans usage of it tho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, pelicanfan said:

Anyone know how I can stop getting notifications from this thread? I’m new here. Also here’s my unpopular opinion: I hate the color navy in the nba there’s way too many teams wearing it. I do accept the pacers and pelicans usage of it tho

There should be a button in the top right corner of the forum page, that says Following. Click than, and then click the red "Unfollow" button.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The A's should bring back the white coaches' caps/helmets, with grey equivalents for their road uniforms.

 

8575-12Fr.jpg

 

Since coaches aren't sweating as much as players, darkening crowns isn't an issue. Heck, '47 Brand already mocked up a modernized version:

 

B-SRSTT18WBP-WH-WR-F.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/28/2018 at 2:57 PM, MCM0313 said:

I agree. Tigers are orange with black stripes, not the other way around.

Well, that could send us down a rabbit hole of "lions aren't blue." For me, a lot of the reason I want this is separation from the Browns. The Bengals' origins, and older uniforms make it clear that they were meant to be a Browns clone. Plus, nobody else in the league wears orange helmets and orange jerseys as their primary look. I'd even like them to have orange pants added as the away option because orange-white-orange can be a great look (unless you're the Browns).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

Well, that could send us down a rabbit hole of "lions aren't blue." For me, a lot of the reason I want this is separation from the Browns. The Bengals' origins, and older uniforms make it clear that they were meant to be a Browns clone. Plus, nobody else in the league wears orange helmets and orange jerseys as their primary look. I'd even like them to have orange pants added as the away option because orange-white-orange can be a great look (unless you're the Browns).

Are you sure?

Image result for cleveland browns 1975-1983

I like this look

 

Heck, this is one the best combos the Browns have in their garbage set

Image result for cleveland browns white over orange

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RealSkillsAbraham said:

Are you sure?

Image result for cleveland browns 1975-1983

I like this look

 

Heck, this is one the best combos the Browns have in their garbage set

Image result for cleveland browns white over orange

 

Agreed. The Kardiac Kids look was great. I liked it better than their more "classic" getup. Not sure there are any good looks to be had in their current set though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The modern browns uniforms aren't awful. It's a fine uniform minus a few obnoxious and unnecessary details (Like the wordmark pants). It's a downgrade for sure, but its not the horrific monstrosity many on this board make it out to be. Of course this happens any time a """""""""classic"""""""" team makes a uniform change. I'd like to see them return to their previous unis, but if you removed the 'BROWNS' word mark from the pants and shortened the shoulder stripes from encroaching on the chest I think its a decent look. I'm actually a big fan of the large chest wordmark as well, it's distinctive for the NFL while being reminiscent of youth football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the Ravens better in black pants. They definitely NEED striping and some sort of white stripe would be ideal.

 

But I think black pants help convey the ‘darkness’ of their identity better, plus as a personal matter of taste I prefer a two colour maximum between helmet/jerseys/pants. 

 

White pants with the purple jerseys and black helmets just looks a bit messy. And the other purple team already wears white pants at home. 

 

In saying that, I think white pants with the Ravens road and alternate sets are fine, simply because they match better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Prince Harry said:

I like the Ravens better in black pants. They definitely NEED striping and some sort of white stripe would be ideal.

 

But I think black pants help convey the ‘darkness’ of their identity better, plus as a personal matter of taste I prefer a two colour maximum between helmet/jerseys/pants. 

 

White pants with the purple jerseys and black helmets just looks a bit messy. And the other purple team already wears white pants at home. 

 

In saying that, I think white pants with the Ravens road and alternate sets are fine, simply because they match better. 

Ravens are the one team I think can get away with all black and should be doing so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Chromatic said:

The modern browns uniforms aren't awful. It's a fine uniform minus a few obnoxious and unnecessary details (Like the wordmark pants). It's a downgrade for sure, but its not the horrific monstrosity many on this board make it out to be. Of course this happens any time a """""""""classic"""""""" team makes a uniform change. I'd like to see them return to their previous unis, but if you removed the 'BROWNS' word mark from the pants and shortened the shoulder stripes from encroaching on the chest I think its a decent look. I'm actually a big fan of the large chest wordmark as well, it's distinctive for the NFL while being reminiscent of youth football.

I totally agree. Only change that you didn’t say that I would do is change the numbers on the home to white with an orange shadow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.