Unpopular Opinions

To be honest, I don’t mind the sword stripe on the Titans’ helmet that much. It’s the shadowed sword yoke and sword...whatever on the pants that wreck it. Looks really corny and already looked dated by week 5, and that pulls down the set really hard.

• Like 1

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

On 12/23/2018 at 6:21 PM, MJD7 said:

I admit I like the newer font better, and that the numbers on the columbia jersey are now navy to differ more from UNC. Everything else, especially the inclusion of silver, is a downgrade for me unfortunately.

I will say, I like how the navy helmets seem to refect the clouds in the sky very well (as seen in the two pictures I quoted above), a very “Titan-esque” feature. If the helmets were light blue, that sky effect would be even better.

Differing from UNC is going the wrong direction..

The navy numbers are trash.. there's a reason UNC uses white.. they look better and function better

Is it ok to say the old Titans set was trash? The helmet stripe, shoulder yoke and pants stripe didn’t match, and the font got dated pretty quickly. 

That doesn’t mean the Titans’ new set is a masterpiece. Just a slight upgrade over its predecessor. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

Is it ok to say the old Titans set was trash? The helmet stripe, shoulder yoke and pants stripe didn’t match, and the font got dated pretty quickly. 

That doesn’t mean the Titans’ new set is a masterpiece. Just a slight upgrade over its predecessor. 

From the front view, the helmet stripe looks like a normal braisher stripe, which I think was the intention - and it matches the braisher stripe on the pants.. 

The shoulder yoke isn't a stripe or really even a "design feature" like stripes are, so I don't really feel like they're comparable or that there's anything to "match" between the two elements.. 

I agree with you on the number font though.. I never cared for that font at all.. the social media font would've been a fantastic upgrade..

I don't think it was a masterpiece by any means, and I think they struggled finding their best looks and sticking with them, but overall I think the previous set was miles ahead of the new set.

But to answer your question: yes, it's ok to say it was trash.. I don't agree with you, but I support your right to be wrong 😉

• Like 4

12 hours ago, WavePunter said:

Differing from UNC is going the wrong direction..

The navy numbers are trash.. there's a reason UNC uses white.. they look better and function better

I’ll admit that white numbers probably look better, but I think navy looks fantastic too in all honesty, it’s hard to go wrong with that color combo (though, by adding the silvers, the Titans somehow managed to do that in the other elements of their set). 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MJD7 said:

I’ll admit that white numbers probably look better, but I think navy looks fantastic too in all honesty, it’s hard to go wrong with that color combo (though, by adding the silvers, the Titans somehow managed to do that in the other elements of their set). 

From a function standpoint, the navy numbers muddy the look and become difficult to read with multiple players and lots of motion etc

9 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

Agreed. The Ravens-like helmet stripes didn't fit, and that blocky shoulder yoke just looked stale and pointless.

• Like 1

On 12/23/2018 at 5:52 PM, daveindc said:

Tennessee Titans v Kansas City Chiefs : News Photo

St Louis Rams v Tennessee Titans : News Photo

New England Patriots v Tennessee Titans : News PhotoTennessee Titans v Jacksonville Jaguars : News PhotoWashington Redskins v Tennessee Titans : News Photo

Tennessee Titans v Miami Dolphins : News Photo

Idk. The new look isn't perfect and could use some tweaking, but I think it's a stronger look overall. The new helmet especially is a much better fit. The white one was always weak looking to me. Just my unpopular opinion.

I like the new helmet stripe (silver and all) better than the old one. The old one looked incomplete and very 1995-2000. The new one looks like a sword.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DG_Now said:

The Titans looked best when they were first introduced.

Check out Steve McNair in Puma!

steve-mcnair.jpg

Were these Titans uniforms introduced/designed by Puma?  

I’ve never made the connection but that shoulder yoke sure looks similar to the form stripe Puma used in various soccer shirts...

• Like 2
07Giants.pngnyy.png

On 12/23/2018 at 4:52 PM, daveindc said:

Tennessee Titans v Kansas City Chiefs : News Photo

St Louis Rams v Tennessee Titans : News Photo

New England Patriots v Tennessee Titans : News PhotoTennessee Titans v Jacksonville Jaguars : News PhotoWashington Redskins v Tennessee Titans : News Photo

Tennessee Titans v Miami Dolphins : News Photo

Idk. The new look isn't perfect and could use some tweaking, but I think it's a stronger look overall. The new helmet especially is a much better fit. The white one was always weak looking to me. Just my unpopular opinion.

I like the new uniforms, maybe just tweak the numbers, yoke and the pant stripe and it'll look much better.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

I like the new uniforms, maybe just tweak the numbers, yoke and the pant stripe and it'll look much better.

Yes, just tweak the numbers, yoke, and pants stripe :P 

At that point you might as well just redesign the whole thing. 

• Like 4

I don’t know about the public consensus about these uniforms, but I think these are the best Pacers uniforms:

bhx6r9fhi3xhlg3hfhh9a1xfy.gif

n5r9wfbonf2qge78oa7ftdt5s.gif

The Flo-Jo uni’s come in a close second for me but the past few uniform sets have not been the best and I really hope that they refine this design and bring it back someday. 

• Like 4

rAUPGPZ.png

On 12/26/2018 at 4:41 PM, DG_Now said:

The Titans looked best when they were first introduced.

Check out Steve McNair in Puma!

steve-mcnair.jpg

Wait, this is an unpopular opinion? They absolutely looked their best in 1999.

• Like 2

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

On 12/27/2018 at 3:12 AM, anythinglogos said:

Were these Titans uniforms introduced/designed by Puma?  

I’ve never made the connection but that shoulder yoke sure looks similar to the form stripe Puma used in various soccer shirts...

Yes, they were.

UBwef0L.png