Unpopular Opinions

15 hours ago, kimball said:

Wait, this is an unpopular opinion? They absolutely looked their best in 1999.

I thought they looked good from 1999-2005 in my opinion, definitely up there for my favorite football uniforms ever.

• Like 2

rAUPGPZ.png

I can remember when i first saw Mcnair in a Titans jersey on QB Challenge for the first year.  The yoke was such a noticable change to anything in the NFL at the time.  I actually got a Jevon kearse Titans jersey the next Christmas.  

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Cardsblues02 said:

Brown and Yellow is hideous. The Padres should’ve left it for dead. Navy/Sand was gorgeous and perfect for the city.

Navy and Orange worked better, but I don't disagree with the thrust of your statement. Brown was always a mistake. It's just trendy to resurrect old things lately which are mis-remembered. I give it 10 years and they'll switch back. 

• Like 2

Too many teams in MLB have navy, none have brown.  The Padres should have it.  As for the second color, I don't care.  Maybe powder blue or teal? (real teal, not Mariners green). 

I'm probably the only person who liked VA Tech's pink vs. Syracuse orange.  I would like VA Tech overall if they had a team name I liked. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

Not sure if this has been done before, it might’ve been but I don’t recall seeing it ever, but it’s something I feel could have an interesting discussion. Pretty self-explanatory, what uniforms do you think are the most overrated? By that I don’t mean just post any uniform you don’t like, but more along the lines of a uniform people around here (or anywhere, I guess) seem to regard as a top uniform of all time that you feel is no more than average, or something along those lines. 

For me, one I’d call overrated is the classic Patriots. 

oJHtBsn.png

rW7MlQm.jpg

For starters, that logo is God-awful. Way too much going on in the middle there that just starts to look like a mess at any distance, and on the helmet it’s way too tall to look good. IMO, helmet logos should be wider rather than taller. As for the rest of the uniform, it’s nothing special. Just some basic striping. The biggest issue? It’s primarily red. Anyone see an issue with the Patriots, a team name referencing the Revolutionary War, a team based in America, wearing red? I’ll give you a hint: Paul Revere wasn’t shouting “the blue coats are coming.” IDK, what else to say. I mean, I just don’t get what some people see in them. 

So, anyone else have a uniform set thy feel is overrated? 

• Like 9

[Originally from the "Overrated Uniforms" thread merged into this one.]

New York Yankees. Don't @ me, bro.

• Like 11

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Regarding the Patriots:

• I wish they didn't move away from the more vibrant red, white, and blue they had during the 1993-99 set. Seems they darkened their colors mainly because that was an early 2000s trend (other teams like the Rams did the same). Their present colors aren't bad, but with a lot of teams reverting back to brighter colors, the Patriots seem like they'd be a good candidate.
  • Flying Elvis is far and away their best logo. I hated Pat Patriot, especially on the helmets. Was far too detailed for a football logo. That said, I did prefer the white helmets over the silver helmets they have now. I would love to see their present template but in more vibrant red, white, and blue, and with a white helmet.
  • Like 4

35 minutes ago, Quillz said:

Regarding the Patriots:

• I wish they didn't move away from the more vibrant red, white, and blue they had during the 1993-99 set. Seems they darkened their colors mainly because that was an early 2000s trend (other teams like the Rams did the same). Their present colors aren't bad, but with a lot of teams reverting back to brighter colors, the Patriots seem like they'd be a good candidate.
  • Flying Elvis is far and away their best logo. I hated Pat Patriot, especially on the helmets. Was far too detailed for a football logo. That said, I did prefer the white helmets over the silver helmets they have now. I would love to see their present template but in more vibrant red, white, and blue, and with a white helmet.

I don't think too many people around these parts would disagree with the first bullet.  They seemed to get dark just because that was the thing and folks here prefer vibrant colors.  I personally don't think the Pats have ever gotten it right in the elvis era.  The 1994 home uniform (same numbers on shoulder as front/back) was sold but they still blew their white uniform with different-colored shoulder numbers.  I personally hated the giant elvises on the shoulders.  Along with the dropshadows, I thought they made these uniforms way over-done.  But I, along with most on the board, definitely preferred the more vivid colors.

No sure how popular your second bullet is.  I associate Pat the Patriot with one of my all time favorite looks from the neck down.  That red jersey was sooooooo nice.  So I was dragged kicking and screaming, but elvis is a better logo.  Pat is far too detailed.  Elvis took some getting used to for sure, but I think if the Pats had been an expansion team in the 1990s and those two logos were offered, most people would have gone for elvis.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)