Unpopular Opinions

On 3/27/2019 at 3:42 PM, DNAsports said:

Two different sports, same state, same color scheme (relatively), same colored alternate jersey. 

I love the Patriots red alternate throwback uniforms, but hate the Red Sox red alternate jerseys.

I dont think Red Sox should wear colored jerseys at all. They should be a white/gray team strictly

• Like 4

On 3/8/2019 at 5:08 PM, DNAsports said:

From the Cincinnati Reds Facebook page:

spacer.png

First time I’ve ever seen this uniform, but I kinda like it. I think I like it for the simple fact that the number and name fits with the shape of the jersey vest.

Also, what year is this from?

I had to look it up, but per Uni Watch this is from the early 1960s.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

I had to look it up, but per Uni Watch this is from the early 1960s.

It could be anywhere 1962-65. I dont see any hard evidence to narrow it down. Only thing I could say is probably closer to 65, because the mid 60s is when picture quality really made quite a jump.

In retrospect, the 60s were a weird transitional era in film/footage. You look at 1963 and before (Think JFK death news footage) and they were still living in the 50s. Then look at news from 1967 covering the Vietnam War. Its insane that they were 4 years apart because it just looks like a whole different world.

Wow this took a random direction.

• Like 3

On 3/30/2019 at 11:38 PM, McGlinchey23 said:

It could be anywhere 1962-65. I dont see any hard evidence to narrow it down. Only thing I could say is probably closer to 65, because the mid 60s is when picture quality really made quite a jump.

In retrospect, the 60s were a weird transitional era in film/footage. You look at 1963 and before (Think JFK death news footage) and they were still living in the 50s. Then look at news from 1967 covering the Vietnam War. Its insane that they were 4 years apart because it just looks like a whole different world.

Wow this took a random direction.

Yeah, it did, but that's interesting. Certain facets of technology would take big leaps. Then it became almost all of it. Now it's hard to tell how big an advancement any one thing is because there are so many.

1 hour ago, infernoqueso said:

The Cardinals new powder blues are unnecessary and gimmicky.  

I sort of agree with you, I don’t think the cardinals should’ve been the team to try to redirect this, give it to the rangers, brewers, etc.

• Like 1

Excellent!

2 hours ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

I sort of agree with you, I don’t think the cardinals should’ve been the team to try to redirect this, give it to the rangers, brewers, etc.

Brewers maybe. I never thought any of the Rangers' powder blue looks were all that great...or Mariners, or Twins. The Cards' powder blues, on the other hand, I've always liked. Diff'rent strokes, I guess.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, infernoqueso said:

if they would have done the 82 version pullover AND everyone would have been on board with the high pants and stirrups/ socks, I'd fully support it. But I don't like the current ones either. 

• Like 1

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

I cannot stand pinstripes on baseball uniforms. It makes them looked cluttered and it feels unnecessary. However, I don’t mind the Yankees. Which is weird considering I hate the team.

I also don’t like when a baseball uniform has a logo AND number on the front of the jersey. Just use the logo and call it a day. Again, it makes it look cluttered.

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 7:08 AM, infernoqueso said:

23 hours ago, lahaye7 said:

if they would have done the 82 version pullover AND everyone would have been on board with the high pants and stirrups/ socks, I'd fully support it. But I don't like the current ones either. 

My brother and I always used to call their historic power blues the "pajamas" of baseball. That's what they look like - baseball players wearing pajamas on the baseball diamond. But I agree that if it looked like the 82 pullover version it'd be better. Instead, they just took their alternate St. Louis threads and made them powder blue. It's not really a throwback at all, and I think it was a relatively ungraceful melding of modern with classic.

• Like 1

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

Whenever I look at concepts on the board, I feel like people utilize the “Miami Vice” style of colors too much whenever they do the Dolphins or the Marlins or whatever team. I mean, I like it, don’t get me wrong, it’s a beautiful set of colors but it’s been used and used so many times that it’s kinda gotten boring. 

• Like 3

rAUPGPZ.png

1 hour ago, IndianapolisCubs2009 said:

Whenever I look at concepts on the board, I feel like people utilize the “Miami Vice” style of colors too much whenever they do the Dolphins or the Marlins or whatever team. I mean, I like it, don’t get me wrong, it’s a beautiful set of colors but it’s been used and used so many times that it’s kinda gotten boring. 

Heat maybe, but I don't think I've ever seen a concept on here that radically changes the Dolphins' color scheme.

Sleeves don't have "caps".. there is a type of sleeve called a "cap-sleeve", which most modern football jerseys have, but even on those jerseys, that area is still just a "sleeve".. all football jerseys have sleeves.. none of them have caps.. some, however, are cap-sleeves, but they're still just sleeves

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Heat maybe, but I don't think I've ever seen a concept on here that radically changes the Dolphins' color scheme.

Recently, I’ve seen more Dolphins concepts that change the orange to pink than I do ones that keep the orange. And use some sort of sun-inspired design on the sleeves.

• Like 2

ExJworW.png

24 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Recently, I’ve seen more Dolphins concepts that change the orange to pink than I do ones that keep the orange. And use some sort of sun-inspired design on the sleeves.

Not much point to using the sun in the design if you're not gonna use orange...

• Like 2

White vs grey baseball uniform matchups really drag down the look of the game. I’d rather have white vs color or color vs grey.

Also, as I was playing MLB the Show 19, I realized the Royals “R” BP/Spring Training hat looks so much better paired with the their home uniforms as opposed to their regular KC hat

43 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Unnecessary, gimmicky, and awesome.

(It can be all 3 right?)

You’re g-d right! 

However, it really should have been the Brewers or Royals re-introducing a powder blue set. I guess the Cardinals were desperate to build back the good will that the f—kwit Matheney destroyed.  

On 4/3/2019 at 4:52 AM, DNAsports said:

I cannot stand pinstripes on baseball uniforms. It makes them looked cluttered and it feels unnecessary. However, I don’t mind the Yankees. Which is weird considering I hate the team.

I also don’t like when a baseball uniform has a logo AND number on the front of the jersey. Just use the logo and call it a day. Again, it makes it look cluttered.

I agree, and I’ll go one step further. Pinstripes on any uniform, regardless of sport are incredibly ugly, Yankees included.