Unpopular Opinions

I’ll be this guy:

Seeing Pitt’s new uniforms, I prefer them in navy blue and metallic gold. It’s what I’ve grown up with and it looks better to me. The royal blue and athletic gold isn’t bad, but I’d rather it be a one game alt than full time

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, WavePunter said:

The Vikings striping on their white pants is perfect

It should also be the striping pattern on their white jersey sleeves... 

• Like 4

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

14 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

It should also be the striping pattern on their white jersey sleeves... 

I don't necessarily disagree, but I don't really have any issues with the jersey as-is either.. the curvy, Viking-horn-esque design of the sleeve stripes differs from the straight, traditional pants stripes enough that I'm ok with them being a little different in more ways than just the shape

3 hours ago, WavePunter said:

I don't necessarily disagree, but I don't really have any issues with the jersey as-is either.. the curvy, Viking-horn-esque design of the sleeve stripes differs from the straight, traditional pants stripes enough that I'm ok with them being a little different in more ways than just the shape

I think it should still mimic the horn swoosh on the back of the sleeves, but it would keep the white from bleeding into the white, like it does on the current road jerseys. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Yeah...the yellow stripe really gets lost on the sleeve.  Mimicking the color pattern on the pants would be better.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

On 4/7/2019 at 6:21 PM, jn8 said:

I’ll be this guy:

Seeing Pitt’s new uniforms, I prefer them in navy blue and metallic gold. It’s what I’ve grown up with and it looks better to me. The royal blue and athletic gold isn’t bad, but I’d rather it be a one game alt than full time

I could see a good argument either way. I remember some grumbling when they first switched (1997?) but looking back it was a pretty strong identity they adopted. If anything I'd maybe split the difference and do royal blue and metallic gold, with the helmet having the panther at home and the script on the road.

• Like 1

I have no problem with the Phillies wearing powder blue throwbacks at home. Wearing them as a road alternate would be ideal, but home use is A-OK.

In fact, it’s an excellent way to hammer home how maroon/powder should be and should always have been a package deal. 

• Like 9

3 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

I have no problem with the Phillies wearing powder blue throwbacks at home. Wearing them as a road alternate would be ideal, but home use is A-OK.

In fact, it’s an excellent way to hammer home how maroon/powder should be and should always have been a package deal. 

Anything that keeps a team from wearing traditional red and blue is okay with me 

• Like 1

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

On 4/26/2019 at 9:45 PM, Ark said:

This

XhkWIId.png

is better than this

500px-Ottawa_senators_alternate_logo_200

The face and a lot of the helmet are better in the new, but I think the concept is stronger in the old. A mashup (I think someone posted a pretty good one recently) would be best.

. . .lTHpYZ6.png  

. . .. . Wsv4wuJ.png

Everybody and their brother seems to love these kinds of alternates ... but not me.

For the Warriors ... first off, they're a STATE team, GOLDEN State. Not a City.   It would be like calling the Rangers "The Dallas Rangers."

Plus, they're moving from Oakland to San Francisco next year, which to me (admittedly from a distance) raised all kinds of "bad neighborhood" stereotypes.

The Nuggets alternate ... ecchh.  Crayola blue.

Especially bad when they have (imo) two of the all-time awesome alternates:

Mrx38LH.png 

• Like 3

wS7MJ6T.png