Unpopular Opinions

On 5/4/2019 at 5:56 PM, BellaSpurs said:

I don’t mind “the town” or “the city” the crime is the black

100% agree, the name isn't great, but the bigger crime is BFBS. It's been a plague on jersey design for far too long. 

• Like 4

the user formerly known as cdclt

The "bloody pant cuff" Diamondbacks pants were legitimately a cool idea.

I also really like their current uniform set, and don't understand why they're considered awful. The Rays' and Padres' boring uniforms are awful. The Marlins are awful (especially because I had a soft spot for their old set). Arizona has a fairly attractive color scheme (love the minty bits on their greys), and a good looking wordmark. 

• Like 1

On 5/6/2019 at 11:24 AM, agentrygraphics said:

This was, has been, and always will be the Chargers' best look. 

spacer.png

I'm increasingly of this opinion as well. It was a clean, efficient design. One bolt on one background across all uniform segments. The bolt type was shaped to fit the designated segment (helmet, shoulders, pants). 

It's increasingly missed. 

ladainian-tomlinson-after-record-0_orig.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I'm increasingly of this opinion as well. It was a clean, efficient design. One bolt on one background across all uniform segments. The bolt type was shaped to fit the designated segment (helmet, shoulders, pants). 

It's increasingly missed. 

ladainian-tomlinson-after-record-0_orig.

I think I still prefer the Chargers’ now-current color balance of Powder Blue/Gold/White/Navy (notwithstanding the organization’s repeated flipping off of San Diego since leaving), but this was by all accounts a sneaky good look, which made minimal use of gold but placed it in a way that it still stood out and helped the white pop. Ignoring the colors between the two, I think this jersey is better-designed than today’s.

If the NFL ever drops the one-helmet rule, I’d be inclined to use this uniform as a throwback.

Edited by DustDevil61
I, designed organization’s
  • Like 4

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

10 hours ago, fbjim said:

Those were always really nice uniforms. Much as I love the use of light blue in sports, though, the best Chargers look for me has always been the royal blue Dan Fouts look.

It always seemed to me that the uniforms the Chargers used between 1974 and 1987 were stuck in limbo between the collegiate/powder blue era and the eventual evolution to the full navy look of 1988 to 2006. There were some elements that seemed to bridge the gap between these two periods, but it always seemed unfinished or too busy. The uniforms (even with their slight tweaks from 1974 to 1987) never seemed to commit to one distinct look or feel. (For example, the white shoulder hoops on which the bolts appear seem out of place when all the other major elements are either blue or gold.)

• Like 2

On 5/6/2019 at 10:24 AM, agentrygraphics said:

This was, has been, and always will be the Chargers' best look. 

spacer.png

This one still has the edge for me too, mostly because of the bolt being on the same background consistently across the entire set. Given that the current set makes a total mess of that, it really makes this set stand out even more to me than it did before.

I like the original powder blues too for the most part, don’t get me wrong. But this one just had a lot of things I appreciated about it and felt it was an exceptionally designed uniform, more than it’s given credit for.

• Like 3

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Ever since I was a dumb little kid, I’ve always pronounced the Sabres As Sabres 

(Saw-brays, not Say-Burs) I know I pronounce it wrong, but 10 yr old me didn’t make the connection that a team with a buffalo mascot was named after a sword/sabre. I proudly pronounce it wrong even though the people around me groan when they hear it

• Like 1

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

7 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

(Saw-brays, not Say-Burs) I know I pronounce it wrong, but 10 yr old me didn’t make the connection that a team with a buffalo mascot was named after a sword/sabre. I proudly pronounce it wrong even though the people around me groan when they hear it

tenor.gif?itemid=13949053

• Like 5

11 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

Why? Why not pronounce it right, now that you know? 

• Like 1

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

The A’s elephant patch needs significant updating. Here’s the white version, to best illustrate the line work:

3267_oakland_athletics-alternate-1988.pn

The ragged attempts at detail, inconsistent line weights, and mismatched “A’s” insignia necessitates an overhaul. It somehow manages to look worse in green.

jwrg5ev03kpa50eefaaxtm50g.png

Of course, this what you get when folks in the late-1980s try to resuscitate a 1950s design. Part of the design quality may be poor digitization, but I’m sure that these issues exist in the original renderings.

2922.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Nil desperandum, BellaSpurs. I still try to get away with saying "Los Angeleez."

LA’s weird like that. People are ready to cut your head of for pronouncing is Los Angeleez, but have zero problem pronouncing Los Feliz as “las feelis.”

• Like 1

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!