Unpopular Opinions

On 7/12/2019 at 7:52 AM, ramsjetsthunder said:

While the current color set and uniforms are a great modernization and embodiment of the Seattle Seahawks, there was something truly special about the 2000s blue-grey shade known as "Seahawk Blue." Who agrees?

nfl_g_lynch_b3_1296x729.jpg&w=1140&cqual

Yea I slept on those.  Great unique color, although I like the current ones the best.

• Like 6

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2019 at 11:36 AM, fbjim said:

The "College Hockey" Dallas Stars look is one of my favorite NHL sets ever. 

hZg05nx.png

I don't want it to be a trend, but I wish one team in hockey tried to make the NCAA look a thing again. 

I get why Dallas wanted to go another direction uniform-wise. But I won't lie, the collegiate look worked for the Dallas Stars:

1522679_.jpg

It was a nice lookin' uniform!

I'd be okay too if a team used this style, for at least alternates. It is a great style that's pure class. :)

• Like 2

If they'd just been green, I'm pretty sure the Stars would still use them.

The backlash was over being black and gold, with the lack of a logo being a secondary concern.

• Like 3

On 7/28/2019 at 8:35 PM, ColeJ said:

If they'd just been green, I'm pretty sure the Stars would still use them.

The backlash was over being black and gold, with the lack of a logo being a secondary concern.

I don't know whether they'd still have them or not...I did not like the design, but the color-balance on that white jersey was better than they usually did when they had that color scheme.  And I agree, the black one was awful...the two color schemes did not even look like the same team.  While I don't like the college design, a green one with yellow secondary and black tertiary could have been as nice as the white version.  What they went with what not good at all.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

It's blasphemous to say this, I'm never been a fan of "The City" uniforms nor a fan of the logo. (its probably the logo more than the unis) I don't care if its a hardwood classic. Those uniforms and logo leave one wanting more. Also, although "The Town" unis and logo seem cursed according to fans of the Warriors, The Town is a better logo than The City.

spacer.png

Also, by adding the swoosh and the ad, the jerseys are ruined by placing the city look that low. I would tell the NBA and Nike to not have ads nor swoosh for hardwood classics. As for the other designs, shrink it a little bit and place it higher might work.

• Like 3

The Hawks don't need a complete uniform overhaul, they simply need tweaks. This uniform right here is excellent, and the red and volt create enough contrast while also staying vibrant. All they'd have to do is remove black and invert the colors for a clash jersey. 

Related image

• Like 12

On 7/12/2019 at 8:52 AM, ramsjetsthunder said:

While the current color set and uniforms are a great modernization and embodiment of the Seattle Seahawks, there was something truly special about the 2000s blue-grey shade known as "Seahawk Blue." Who agrees?

nfl_g_lynch_b3_1296x729.jpg&w=1140&cqual

While I am a sucker for double blues and a pre-bandwagon Seahawks fan, I hate these uniforms. The previous set had life to it with the logo sleeve stripes and the current set has flair to it. But these suck and i'm not afraid to say it. 

• Like 5

AmPJ0Ty.png 

1 hour ago, bkknight95 said:

While I am a sucker for double blues and a pre-bandwagon Seahawks fan, I hate these uniforms. The previous set had life to it with the logo sleeve stripes and the current set has flair to it. But these suck and i'm not afraid to say it. 

Yeah this dark slate blue and navy makes it look like someone was just a little sweaty that day. The contrast was not enough. I’m very glad they scrapped it, but kept the navy and lime green...

• Like 1

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

2 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

The Hawks don't need a complete uniform overhaul, they simply need tweaks. This uniform right here is excellent, and the red and volt create enough contrast while also staying vibrant. All they'd have to do is remove black and invert the colors for a clash jersey. 

Related image

I’m a fan of the current Hawks look, but disagree on removing the graphite. It provides a nice contrast to the almost eye searingly bright red and volt. The first tweak they need to do is to get rid of the vertically stretched font in favor of the more pleasing version  they use in summer leaguespacer.png

• Like 7
07Giants.pngnyy.png

The hawks need to ditch the volt, remove the triangles, and bring back a proper yellow and proper stripes, remove hawks down the pant leg, and remove black. Better yet scrap everything except the font and the logo set, which are both pretty nice 

• Like 4

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

The Utah Jazz over the course of their entire history as a team have 1 design element worth drawing upon, the Rock gradient city jerseys.  Take those and change the team name to fit the look and they'd have a top 3 brand identity in the NBA

Every year that the New Orleans NBA team has spent only using Mardi Gras colors during the event itself is a wasted year branding wise, the sooner they give up on this current identity and embrace the aesthetic year round the better.  

The Pacers should eliminate white from their look entirely with this current primary uniform set, all they need to use is Navy & Yellow.  

The 76ers are the only team that actually pull of Red & Blue in the NBA well, the Wizards need to go back to the Blue, Gold & Black or do something new and the Pistons need to embrace the Blue & Black + Gray's look they've been dabbling with with their alternates.  The Clippers need to go back to Sky Blue & Orange.  The Pelicans as mentioned above need to just embrace Mardi Gras.  

The Magic either need to go back to a Penny & Shaq era inspired look which incorporates the sublimated stars of the TMac era, or fully embrace the Galaxy motif.  Either way, the sooner they get out of these Dwight Howard era relics the better.

The 76ers Parchment jerseys from 2 years ago were the best look they've had since Allen Iverson took them to the finals, they should have replaced the whites with that instantly.  

dhlJpvy.png
rxzieid.png

I like cream jerseys...not only in baseball, but other sports as well. Helps break up the monotony of white jerseys without being dark. If the Lakers white jersey was a light cream I’d be SUPER happy. And I still pray for the day of a cream Dodgers jersey with the fatter numbers, NNOB,  and no shoulder patches.

• Like 7

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

On 7/12/2019 at 8:19 AM, FinsUp1214 said:

Not gonna lie, I actually really liked that color scheme. I will admit that it looked better in sunlight though, which makes me think it would’ve been better had Seahawk Blue been a little lighter. Something closer to the ballpark of the KG Timberwolves blue. Also would’ve helped if they didn’t wear mono-blue, I felt the white pants was a better balance.

Otherwise though, I loved the idea of the color scheme. It looked very PNW to me, and I felt the lime green was an excellent accent color to it and navy. 

I always thought it was bland. It just looked like denim to me. 

I personally prefer to have NOB on baseball jerseys. I generally think they fill out the space on the back nicely, and help in identifying players. Not every team needs it, like the Yankees, but I don't get why people want the Dodgers to drop them.

I'd rather have the city/geographic name on both the home/road than have the nickname on both. Of course, nickname on home and city name on away is ideal, but I'd rather have the Mavericks' naming scheme than the Hornets'.

• Like 3

the user formerly known as cdclt

The NFL should have retired the “Browns” name, much like they did with the “Oilers” sobriquet. The ‘99 expansion team could certainly dress like the Browns of old (right down to the logoless orange helmet), but dropping the name saves us a historiographic headache.

• Like 4