Unpopular Opinions

5 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

The NFL should have retired the “Browns” name, much like they did with the “Oilers” sobriquet. The ‘99 expansion team could certainly dress like the Browns of old (right down to the logoless orange helmet), but dropping the name saves us a historiographic headache.

NFL should have never had the Indianapolis Colts, Tennessee Titans, and Baltimore Ravens. 

• Like 3

I just saw on ESPN a women's soccer team called Sky Blue FC.  I looked them up to see what they look like.  Their colors?  NAVY AND ORANGE.  YOU HAVE A LITERAL COLOR AS YOUR TEAM NAME AND DON'T USE IT??????  Are the Crimson Tide not crimson?  Are the Purple Aces not purple?  It shouldn't bother me so much, but use your freakin heads, people!!! 😡

• Like 10

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

6 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I just saw on ESPN a women's soccer team called Sky Blue FC.  I looked them up to see what they look like.  Their colors?  NAVY AND ORANGE.  YOU HAVE A LITERAL COLOR AS YOUR TEAM NAME AND DON'T USE IT??????  Are the Crimson Tide not crimson?  Are the Purple Aces not purple?  It shouldn't bother me so much, but use your freakin heads, people!!! 😡

The Cleveland Browns have an orange helmet.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I'm more annoyed by a team not using an obvious geographic identifier. Sure, a team called Golden State or New England covers a large geographic area, but you have a better idea where they're at than Sky Blue or Reign FC. Same goes for pro teams using (North) Carolina, because then you don't know if you're talking about Charlotte or Raleigh. It would be one thing if it were a Minneapolis-St, Paul situation, but the North Carolina cities are pretty much on opposite ends of the state.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

They’re obviously referring to night sky, not day sky. 🙂

• Like 6

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

7 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

41 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

The Cleveland Browns have an orange helmet.

That leads me to another tangent, how it has always bugged me that Bowling Green University uses brown and orange as its colors. 

Come on, didn't someone at some time think it may be a cool idea to have GREEN in the Bowling GREEN color scheme? 

(at least someone in the Green Bay Packers organization did). 

• Like 3

It is what it is.

17 hours ago, DNAsports said:

I’d love to see more MLB position players, wear 99

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I’d also like to see higher numbers (70-99) in general used throughout the bigs. IIRC there were 4 numbers never used by a Major League player at the start of the 2019 season (80, 86, 89, and 92) until Minnesota’s Ryan Eades took up 80 earlier this year.

• Like 2

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

On 8/15/2019 at 11:21 AM, DustDevil61 said:

I’d also like to see higher numbers (70-99) in general used throughout the bigs. IIRC there were 4 numbers never used by a Major League player at the start of the 2019 season (80, 86, 89, and 92) until Minnesota’s Ryan Eades took up 80 earlier this year.

I'm gonna need some team's closer to wear 86.

• Like 5

On 8/14/2019 at 12:20 PM, SFGiants58 said:

The NFL should have retired the “Browns” name, much like they did with the “Oilers” sobriquet. The ‘99 expansion team could certainly dress like the Browns of old (right down to the logoless orange helmet), but dropping the name saves us a historiographic headache.

I see the Ravens as the true Browns as they have continuity from Cleveland. 

But I could also see how longtime Cleveland fans just can't help but to mentally associate the new Browns with the old Browns. They look the same, the old Browns history happened in the same city

It is bizarre though how you had the Ravens(Browns) playing in the old Colts Stadium. And all the old Colts players (justifiably) wanted nothing to do with Indy. Their playing history was in Baltimorre. So now they're a part of the Ravens family...which is really the old Browns family which everybody is in denial about

That's just weird 

• Like 2

On 8/14/2019 at 12:20 PM, SFGiants58 said:

The moment Paul Brown created the Cincinnati Bengals was the moment Cleveland should have changed the name.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

I'm not a fan of the burgeoning trend of white gloves for hockey teams.

How's this an unpopular opinion, though?  Does anyone really like them?  For some reason, the white gloves look bigger than if they were black.

1 minute ago, M4One said:

How's this an unpopular opinion, though?  Does anyone really like them?  For some reason, the white gloves look bigger than if they were black.

I don't know I've seen a lot of people rave about the white gloves on Vegas' road jersey, plus the inclusion at the all star games, the new Buffalo 50 jersey, it looks like its going to be the new 'piping to nowhere'