Unpopular Opinions

On 10/5/2019 at 11:24 PM, ZapRowsdower8 said:

I'm sure I have posted this before a couple of hundred posts ago, but the current Brewers look (before they changed the pants) is the best they've ever had. The wheat hat is soooooo much better then BiG could ever hope to be. 

spacer.png

I wouldn't mind a return to royal and yellow though. This logo could still work in those colors!

I swear Hat Club has a hat like that 

EDIT:  Not quite, but close

https://www.hatclub.com/collections/size-7/products/exclusive-new-era-59fifty-milwaukee-brewers-state-logo-hat-royal-gold?_pos=8&_sid=ac0c28cd2&_ss=r

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

19 minutes ago, dont care said:

This isn’t the popular opinions thread lol

I guess here it wouldn't be unpopular but with the amount of quote tweets featuring an ungodly amount of flame emojis accompanying some chromed out helmet I think it's safe to say we're in the minority

1 hour ago, BellaSpurs said:

The Ravens are one of the few teams that don’t need to change their identity ever. It looks beautiful.

Agreed. With the exception of this...

CWr5hy6WwAIFVjE.0.0.jpg

I think everything they've done post bird-head logo has been routinely terrific. All of these are awesome:

626139796.1486419249.jpg

859092912-baltimore-ravens-vs-oakland-ra

7417780-nfl-baltimore-ravens-at-denver-b

usa_today_11920194.0.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

3 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

CWr5hy6WwAIFVjE.0.0.jpg

I think everything they've done post bird-head logo has been routinely terrific. All of these are awesome:

626139796.1486419249.jpg

usa_today_11920194.0.jpg

The gold pants are in their rotation anymore though, thankfully, it was the only part that didn’t work

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

18 hours ago, DG_Now said:

CWr5hy6WwAIFVjE.0.0.jpg

626139796.1486419249.jpg

usa_today_11920194.0.jpg

The gold pants should never return, and I think the purple pants would look better without the white stripe. 

I think the Ravens are a small tweak away from having a virtually perfect identity - there should be a stripe on the black pants. They look way too close to yoga pants/leggings imo. Other than that, they’re pretty much good. The purple pants are brilliant, especially with the white and black jerseys, their integration of the MD flag is clever and not too in-your-face, the number font is unique and fits, I like the primary logo, just about everything is perfect. 

And I’m so glad the gold pants stayed as a one-off idea. It was good to see them experiment with pants since it was just white and black for the longest time, but gold was definitely not the direction to go in. 

• Like 3

spacer.png

On 10/14/2019 at 4:35 PM, Crabcake47 said:

I think the Ravens are a small tweak away from having a virtually perfect identity - there should be a stripe on the black pants. They look way too close to yoga pants/leggings imo. Other than that, they’re pretty much good. The purple pants are brilliant, especially with the white and black jerseys, their integration of the MD flag is clever and not too in-your-face, the number font is unique and fits, I like the primary logo, just about everything is perfect. 

And I’m so glad the gold pants stayed as a one-off idea. It was good to see them experiment with pants since it was just white and black for the longest time, but gold was definitely not the direction to go in. 

If they brought back the gold pants and wore them with the CR jersey, I wouldn’t necessarily be too upset about it. I honestly thought the gold pants looked decent, but their identity is black and purple first with a tiny perfect bit of gold. No need to overload it.

• Like 2

Maybe I have the unpopular opinion.

I've hated everything about the Ravens look since day 1.

Unpopular opinion: When named after an animal, a team doesn't have to use the colors of that animal.*  The Detroit Tigers are fine with blue and orange. It would have been OK for the Ravens to come up with a color scheme that didn't try to emulate the colors of the Raven. It's thanks to this very board that I even knew ravens were tinted with purple. But they could have gone with Red and blue, green and yellow, black and red for all I care.  Those all have better contrast than black and purple.  The two stripes down the middle the helmet?  Can't really see them.

Unpopular opinion (?) black and purple is a bad combo.

*I'd even call it a double-edged sword for the Bengals.  They nailed it in 1982, but the current look with the white side panels is trying too hard to emulate tigers.

The Ravens is a great name for a team from Baltimore.  But visually, I've never been on board.

• Like 3

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

6 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

Unpopular opinion: When named after an animal, a team doesn't have to use the colors of that animal.*  The Detroit Tigers are fine with blue and orange. It would have been OK for the Ravens to come up with a color scheme that didn't try to emulate the colors of the Raven. It's thanks to this very board that I even knew ravens were tinted with purple. But they could have gone with Red and blue, green and yellow, black and red for all I care.  Those all have better contrast than black and purple.  The two stripes down the middle the helmet?  Can't really see them.

Unpopular opinion (?) black and purple is a bad combo.

*I'd even call it a double-edged sword for the Bengals.  They nailed it in 1982, but the current look with the white side panels is trying too hard to emulate tigers.

The Ravens is a great name for a team from Baltimore.  But visually, I've never been on board.

I agree. I think that the Ravens are really close, but the visual clash of black and purple is too much for me. I think they look terrible when wearing black/purple. I'd prefer that they emphasize the purple while keeping most of what they have. The number font looks awful and doesn't belong on a football uniform, and the logo is too detailed to work well (and the B on it looks bad when reversed on the helmet). They're really close, but calling them perfect is a stretch for me.

the user formerly known as cdclt

On 10/16/2019 at 8:24 AM, OnWis97 said:

They're also the only purple team in the AFC. in the early to mid-90s, if you were a new team, you had to be purple or some variation of teal. And you better believe you had to have black. So all things considered, I think the Ravens did the right thing. But I also like purple and black as a combo, so I'm not making any kind of aesthetic compromise.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

You can't use "Lions aren't blue" with the Ravens, though. The term "raven-haired" exists for a reason; what could a raven be but black? Red and blue would make no sense at all. 

• Like 7

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫