Unpopular Opinions

53 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

While we are discussing the color Kelly green as well as unpopular opinions, let me drop this one;  there isn't a team that wears green in any sport at any level that wouldn't look better in Kelly green. Hell, I'd put some teams in Kelly that don't even wear green. That color makes me ridiculously happy.

Even the Packers’ primary uniforms?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, dmmdoublem said:

2. Monochromatic NFL uniforms aren't that bad, at least not inherently so. There are some bad ones out there, but the majority look good. The Seahawks' home uniforms are a good example of monochromatic set working well.

This right here. The only time a monochrome set looks bad is when it's head to toe one color. Sure, it's most likely worse than the team's usual getup, but some people here act like monochrome is the spawn of satan. Other than that, I can't think of a single valid reason why monochrome is bad, at least in regulation.

• Like 5

image-2023-06-05-005249976.png

45 minutes ago, the heat suck said:

This right here. The only time a monochrome set looks bad is when it's head to toe one color. Sure, it's most likely worse than the team's usual getup, but some people here act like monochrome is the spawn of satan. Other than that, I can't think of a single valid reason why monochrome is bad, at least in regulation.

spacer.png

• Like 6

5 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

While we are discussing the color Kelly green as well as unpopular opinions, let me drop this one;  there isn't a team that wears green in any sport at any level that wouldn't look better in Kelly green. Hell, I'd put some teams in Kelly that don't even wear green. That color makes me ridiculously happy.

I’ll call your bluff: Minnesota Wild. 

That said, NYJ hit a home run (in football no less) by returning to a variant of Kelly. Especially with that helmet. It looks like a lime lollipop.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, the heat suck said:

To use the Seahawks as an example again, I find their all-blue set to be much better looking than their blue jersey, gray pants combo. 

On 12/17/2019 at 6:23 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

Well, maybe not straight up Kelly, but definitely closer to it than that dismal dark green they're currently wearing.

The Packers don't need to look like they're John Deere's football team.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

You got me.  Any pairing of green with red or orange shouldn't be Kelly.  Other than that, tho...

Well, I paired Kelly and red together before in a “no touch” design.

bGhjerZ.png

Unpopular opinion: I love the “tincture” designs, where colors don’t touch colors and metals don’t touch metals.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Why not?  Half their fans ride to the games on tractors.😛

Sounds perfectly on brand to me.

Gee, that's original and clever and totally not applicable to Vikings fans living literally anywhere but the Twin Cities.  Why don't you twist the knife all the way and call them the Fudge Packers?  🙄

Besides, John Deeres come from hated Illinois.  So there's also that.  😉

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, NicDB said:

Gee, that's original and clever and totally not applicable to Vikings fans living literally anywhere but the Twin Cities.  Why don't you twist the knife all the way and call them the Fudge Packers?  🙄

Well, it was just a pretty harmless joke, which I'm pretty sure is what the dopey smiley face w/ tongue was supposed to signify. I'd like to think there's a pretty big gap between that and full-on brain-dead homophobia.

4 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Well, it was just a pretty harmless joke, which I'm pretty sure is what the dopey smiley face w/ tongue was supposed to signify. I'd like to think there's a pretty big gap between that and full-on brain-dead homophobia.

What’s homophobic? Some people pack fudge for a living, like Billy’s dad. (I hope most of you catch that reference.)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2019 at 9:18 PM, Hat Boy said:

I like the Bills white helmet more so than the red one.  The red "streak" on the buffalo gets lost against the red shell.  Plus, the logo doesn't need the white outline.

zyonqxgrkih3ip5njo4mfjrko.gifmee7ehyv55ib2imcvv01fliwf.gif

Feel like this opinion is very 50-50. I just see the red helmet as one that went through 4 super bowl losses and also the majority of our famous playoff drought.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, llfhockey said:

Feel like this opinion is very 50-50. I just see the red helmet as one that went through 4 super bowl losses and also the majority of our famous playoff drought.

The red helmet always stuck out like a sore thumb to me. It didn't go with the rest of the Bills' uniforms, IMO. And the gigantic center stripes were hideous.

• Like 6