Unpopular Opinions

On 1/2/2020 at 12:21 PM, kroywen said:

The red helmet always stuck out like a sore thumb to me. It didn't go with the rest of the Bills' uniforms, IMO. And the gigantic center stripes were hideous.

I liked it because I like the idea of the Bills somewhat balancing red and blue. An ideal system would be red elements having blue features (helmet logo/stripe/facemask, sock stripes), white elements having blue features, and blue elements having white features (stripes, names, numbers). I guess the idea would be that doing red/white/blue in that way would be sort of an "America's Team" aesthetic, or Drunk America's Team, as the case may be.

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Bills helmet is perfect as is. It's not associated with losing Super Bowls, and the just subtle enough tapered helmet stripe stops it from being a revival of the helmet worn by one of America's most notorious (alleged) murderers. (Who wore the red standing buffalo in his signature season, anyway.)

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Chromatic said:

Bills are one of those teams where white is as integral to their colours as red or blue. The white helmet looks good, the white pants look good. It makes the bright red and blue all that more striking, without letting them overpower the uniform.

It's really best to think of the Bills as a blue and white team with red trim.

I don't mind them switching it up with a red jersey every now and then, but the red pants have got to go. As does the unnecessary navy muddling up a look that would otherwise be one of the best in the league.

• Like 2

On 1/6/2020 at 6:42 PM, Ark said:

Yeah, it's associated with not making the playoffs and being one and done. 

On 1/6/2020 at 8:19 PM, NicDB said:

It's also what they currently wear, and regardless of what happened this weekend, the Bills are on the rise.

I agree with NicDB. The Bills are 0-2 in the playoffs under their current coach and uniform set. The Bengals are 0-7 in their current uniforms. THOSE are associated with one and done. 

I know this isn't the forum for speculating on teams' future achievements, but I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see next year's Bills become the first non-Patriot team to win the AFC East since 2008. Their defense is elite and their offense is improving, and they seem to have a healthy culture in place.

• Like 6

the late '90s-through-2000s trend of complex, some might say "overdesigned" logos with stuff like shading was really good, actually, and should come back. it's most prevalent in college; I'd much rather have this over this, just to provide one example. minimalism blows 90% of the time.

also, drop shadows f-cking rule.

• Like 4

53Ocz8U.png

2 hours ago, Jimmy Lethal said:

the late '90s-through-2000s trend of complex, some might say "overdesigned" logos with stuff like shading was really good, actually, and should come back. it's most prevalent in college; I'd much rather have this over this, just to provide one example. minimalism blows 90% of the time.

also, drop shadows f-cking rule.

As long as you’re only talking logos and not uniforms...

58c0abdeed166_images(5).jpg.f7db5faccdeff777aa4c4aa656bb068d.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DiePerske said:

I dont actually mind the helmet, and the bills need to go back to those socks asap.

I like the socks but I also like their striped socks. The helmet is okay. The uniform is hot garbage, and so were a lot of others from that time frame. 

• Like 1

On 1/11/2020 at 5:38 PM, DNAsports said:

I really don’t mind the Titans uniforms and want to see Tennessee in the Super Bowl just because so many people dislike the uniforms.

I like the concept, I think the sword motif is a really cool idea, I just think they executed it terribly.

• Like 2

The more I look at the Titans new helmet, the more I like it. The silver and white stripe is pretty sharp (no pun intended). But the uniforms are hot garbage. The shoulder yoke of silver and grey isn’t terrible on the home, but it’s awful on the road. And the other elements are pretty much trash. The pants stripes are a joke...

• Like 3

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

MapleLeafs32.png

This look worn by the Toronto Maple Leafs from 1972-73 and 1975-92 gets kind of a bad rap for the fact that the guy who owned the team for most of this uniform's lifespan was a rather skinflint kind of guy (which I'm not here to discuss), but there's something about the simplicity of this design I kinda like. I wish the Leafs didn't abandon this logo; it's a simple yet effective logo, and uniform set for the 1980s. I wish they'd bring this back.

• Like 4

UBwef0L.png

Two MLB ones for you.

The Orioles should go back to the full body ornithological bird. The cartoon bird sucks.

The Angels current look is their worst. It's extremely bland and the red-on-red lettering is really bad. The typeface looks more appropriate for a law firm and the 'A' insignia doesn't evoke the sense of a halo despite it being quite clearly in the logo. I'm aware these are meaningless buzzwords but I'm going to throw them out anyway. Its "bland" and "soulless". They look like an EA Create-A-Team.

• Like 5

On 1/15/2020 at 1:46 PM, Chromatic said:

Two MLB ones for you.

The Orioles should go back to the full body ornithological bird. The cartoon bird sucks.

The Angels current look is their worst. It's extremely bland and the red-on-red lettering is really bad. The typeface looks more appropriate for a law firm and the 'A' insignia doesn't evoke the sense of a halo despite it being quite clearly in the logo. I'm aware these are meaningless buzzwords but I'm going to throw them out anyway. Its "bland" and "soulless". They look like an EA Create-A-Team.

I read Orioles part and had my curser over the "like" button.  The first standing bird, is by far my favorite hat of theirs...the almost perfectly round head was a bit of a miss but but I like how it was simple and just used black, orange, and white  By the end it was trying to hard to look like a photograph. The cartoon bird seems minor-league to me.

However...

Your opinion on the Angels is unpopular thanks to the Winged-A/periwinkle days.  My opinion on the Angels, that this is the BEST they've ever looked is also unpopular because it's too red.  I love it.  It sets them apart from other red/blue teams and I think the "A" has a certain "boldness" that the original pointy A didn't have.

And, regardless of anyone's ranking, I have another unpopular opinion.  Gray halo over gold halo...by a lot.

1/2 a like...

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)