Unpopular Opinions

Don't know if it's unpopular or if it's been talked about here, but the discussion over in the NFL week-by-week thread had me thinking. Super Bowl XLV is one of my least favorite Super Bowls aesthetically. Between the sheer amount of yellow on the field, the terrible Super Bowl patch that looks like it was printed on copier paper and glued on the jersey, the ugly field turf, and the even uglier job that was done painting it, nothing about that game is enjoyable for me to look at. I don't like the lighting in that stadium at night. I'm not a fan of the old Reebok jerseys. The Packers' green always seems to blend into the field turf for me, leaving the game as a mass of disconnected yellow objects. I think it's one of the most overrated Super Bowls in terms of appearance.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 4

On 10/6/2019 at 2:24 AM, ZapRowsdower8 said:

I'm sure I have posted this before a couple of hundred posts ago, but the current Brewers look (before they changed the pants) is the best they've ever had. The wheat hat is soooooo much better then BiG could ever hope to be. 

spacer.png

I wouldn't mind a return to royal and yellow though. This logo could still work in those colors!

This just occurred to me, not sure if it's been discussed elsewhere...

They're the Brewers, so it's barley, not wheat. 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

Don't know if it's unpopular or if it's been talked about here, but the discussion over in the NFL week-by-week thread had me thinking. Super Bowl XLV is one of my least favorite Super Bowls aesthetically. Between the sheer amount of yellow on the field, the terrible Super Bowl patch that looks like it was printed on copier paper and glued on the jersey, the ugly field turf, and the even uglier job that was done painting it, nothing about that game is enjoyable for me to look at. I don't like the lighting in that stadium at night. I'm not a fan of the old Reebok jerseys. The Packers' green always seems to blend into the field turf for me, leaving the game as a mass of disconnected yellow objects. I think it's one of the most overrated Super Bowls in terms of appearance.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Don't agree on everything or have as strong of feelings, but I would agree that yellow pants v yellow pants isn't a great look and this Super Bowl gets a pass aesthetically for traditional uniforms without taking anything else into account.

• Like 1

On 1/23/2020 at 8:31 PM, DNAsports said:

I wanted the Titans to beat the Chiefs and make it to SB 54 simply because the uniforms put such a bad taste in people’s mouths

Same reason I wanted the thunder to make it to the finals in their glory days.

Excellent!

On 1/24/2020 at 12:17 PM, CherryMX said:

At the time, I thought these Sharks uniforms were easily the best in the NHL:

17879.jpg

apr-20-2002-san-jose-ca-usa-san-jose-sha

In my defense, I was 17 and barely maintaining a C grade average at the time.

I never thought they were the best, but I really liked them too.  Even in hindsight, I think they're salvageable with only minor mods.  The biggest being removing the black side panel from the teal one.

On 1/25/2020 at 3:36 PM, Ridleylash said:

Additionally, this is the best Washington has ever looked;

spacer.png

I think that's a popular opinion.  The blue version of it (once they scrapped the wordmark in the diagonal stripe) was also sweet.  The black mucked the whole set up though.

On 1/28/2020 at 1:44 PM, SFGiants58 said:

I always root against the Native American mascot teams, aside from the Blackhawks. I hope Washington NFL, Cleveland MLB, and Atlanta MLB never win a title until rebranding.

The Braves wouldn't really be a problem if they just retired the chop and didn't come out with stupid hats like the cancelled one from a few years ago.  In a vacuum, I don't think there's much issue with their current branding - at least I haven't heard much about it.

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

The blue version of it (once they scrapped the wordmark in the diagonal stripe) was also sweet.

The Capitals never scrapped the wordmark from the diagonal stripe on their slate blue sweaters.

http://nhluniforms.com/Capitals/Capitals.html

The current "banana yellow "the Los Angeles Lakers are using is actually better than the yellow-orange (golden yellow that GSW, Indiana, Miami accent color, Denver, etc. use) of the past. I think the lighting they have at certain arenas doesn't help but the use of banana yellow separates it from the other teams that have yellow in their branding. The Lakers current yellow doesnt look green at all compared to Atlanta's "volt green"...

13 hours ago, Teenage-Seiko-Turtles said:

I think the Minnesota Wild inaugural jersey set was the best in terms of balancing the cream, red, and green and were far more dynamic than subsequent jerseys. spacer.png

The white ones were nice, I didn't care for the phantom yoke effect on the greens though.

• Like 2

The Canucks flying skate jerseys that returned this year aren't that great and are only receiving the love they get because 1) People in BC still fawn over the cinderella run of the 94 team that got to the final (despite losing), and 2) We're living in a time of 90s fetishization.

If it weren't for those two factors nobody would care about them beyond "remember when the Canucks wore team Germany uniforms"?

• Like 8