Unpopular Opinions

Not sure if this is unpopular persay, but I haven't really heard what people think about these... Personally I'm a big big fan of this set.

phoenix-coyotes.jpg

Phoenix-Coyotes-defender--005.jpg

If it's unpopular, then I guess I share your unpopular opinion. I think that a lot of the dislike for the Coyotes' uniforms stems from a dislike of the Coyotes themselves, like from angry Quebecois hockey fans who want a second team.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The Canucks current Identity is perfect... Orca, wordmark and all.

No it's not. Not even close.

Please elaborate.

As for the Coyotes current jerseys, they're not bad by any means but losing the hem stripes and titling the logo to nosebleed proportions really hurt the overall look. Also the shoulder yoke on the Road looks really out of place.

Not sure if this is unpopular persay, but I haven't really heard what people think about these... Personally I'm a big big fan of this set.

phoenix-coyotes.jpg

If it's unpopular, then I guess I share your unpopular opinion. I think that a lot of the dislike for the Coyotes' uniforms stems from a dislike of the Coyotes themselves, like from angry Quebecois hockey fans who want a second team.

The Coyotes set is poor because it is a stripped-down, generic and bland look compared to their original look from when they moved to the desert.

It's sedona red and white, with a touch of wheat. No hem stripes, leaving the home set especially empty. They actually looked better design-wise prior to the EDGE transition, albeit not as good as their original look.

spacer.png

phoenix-coyotes.jpg

Half-jokingly, I've always maintained that they went with this change to make it look less embarrassing when Detroit comes to town. Any person who has been to a Wings-Yotes contest out here knows why I say that.

I don't mind the set, but it's boring for how much potential the identity has. Especially compared to the previous set, these are very "vanilla". I actually miss the intricacies of their old uniforms, especially the striping (now matter how dated they look).

phoenix-coyotes.jpg

I really like the Coyotes identity too... it's clean and simple, something you wouldn't expect from a non-traditional market. Even the black alternate jersey is pretty nice.

phoenix-coyotes.jpg

I really like the Coyotes identity too... it's clean and simple, something you wouldn't expect from a non-traditional market. Even the black alternate jersey is pretty nice.

I was with you until the last part.

Manchester-City-icon.png

The jazz' current navy is the best shade of purple they've used. The others were too red or violet. Indigo works better with the green and yellow and the current set literally looks more classic than ever.

As a Jazz fan, the problem with the navy is that it is much too dark. It almost looks black in action (it certainly did at LA last night). I'd much rather prefer the Jazz in purple first and foremost, but if they had to go with something else, a slightly dark royal wouldn't have been too bad. This navy shade just has never worked for me, though. I can't wait until they start wearing the green alts on the road, hopefully they'll eventually replace the navy.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Cheesy primary aside, the Golden State Warriors definitely looked their best from 2002 to 2010. That shade of Orange made so much sense... Why they would depict the Golden Gate Bridge in yellow instead of it is beyond me.

That's not the Golden Gate Bridge, it's a span of the Bay Bridge that hasn't been built yet. Dynamite design choice, the old Fictitious Landmark.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Maybe it isn't such an unpopular opinion

Cheesy primary aside, the Golden State Warriors definitely looked their best from 2002 to 2010. That shade of Orange made so much sense... Why they would depict the Golden Gate Bridge in yellow instead of it is beyond me.

EDIT: What the admiral said.

spacer.png

Huge unpopular opinion here I bet. I really like the Rockies purple pinsriped road unis and I am disappointed to hear that they're changing them this year. For one, there's more of a sense of uniformity throughout the set currently. Second, they just look great on a road grey. I don't know, maybe it's just because I rarely see them being played(only one pitcher on their team actually like them). All they have to do is fix that wordmark. I mean seriously? Silver and black lettering? Are they trying to be the White Sox? I really would suggest a monotone look. In other words, black on purple and purple on black. They could be one of few teams to pull off a look like that.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Huge unpopular opinion here I bet. I really like the Rockies purple pinsriped road unis and I am disappointed to hear that they're changing them this year. For one, there's more of a sense of uniformity throughout the set currently. Second, they just look great on a road grey. I don't know, maybe it's just because I rarely see them being played(only one pitcher on their team actually like them). All they have to do is fix that wordmark. I mean seriously? Silver and black lettering? Are they trying to be the White Sox? I really would suggest a monotone look. In other words, black on purple and purple on black. They could be one of few teams to pull off a look like that.

I agree with all of this.

-----

The biggest problem I have with the current Coyotes set is the poor color balance. Their uniforms feature sedona red and white. Excluding the logo, that's it. What about sand and black? It would be so easy to at least change the white to sand. Even still, there would be no black. Color balance is key to a good uniform set. The Phoenix Coyotes currently lack this.

I would like to see more color vs color (jerseys) in football beyond the youth level. Nothing agaist white jerseys, but I'd really like to see some NFL matchup with both teams in their team color jersey. Just as long as their in no clashing.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

I would like to see more color vs color (jerseys) in football beyond the youth level. Nothing agaist white jerseys, but I'd really like to see some NFL matchup with both teams in their team color jersey. Just as long as their in no clashing.

I'd like to see it in all sports.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

100% agree.

EDIT: Also, apparently this is unpopular, but the new Oregon helmet is my favorite part of their Rose Bowl uniform.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.