Unpopular Opinions

I like white at home for the NBA because especially back in the day players would get lost in the key and side lines wearing the same colors as them. I didn’t think it was an issue until I played 2k and just couldn’t play as well being able to only see the away team. This was a number a years ago but it was still an HD tv so isn’t much different than now.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fitzy0220 said:

I HATE the fact that the NHL went with Dark at Home. Home games are so BLAND now. Was awesome going to Pens games at the Civic Arena and seeing Opposing Teams Colors come into the Building

Pens HOME White vs Flyers AWAY ORANGE
Pens HOME White vs Rangers AWAY BLUE
Pens HOME White vs Kings AWAY PURPLE
Pens HOME White vs Hawks AWAY RED
Pens HOME White vs Bruins AWAY BLACK
Pens HOME White vs Sharks AWAY TEAL
Pens HOME White vs North Stars AWAY GREEN

now it's Pens HOME Black vs Whoever AWAY White, am I watching a Hockey Game or a Chess Match?  Ok so the Pens colors are Black, it can be said for ANY Home game of Any Team

Toronto HOME BLUE vs Whoever AWAY WHITE 
Chicago HOME RED vs Whoever AWAY WHITE
NYR HOME BLUE vs Whoever AWAY WHITE
LA HOME BLACK vs Whoever AWAY WHITE
Minnesota HOME GREEN vs Whoever AWAY WHITE
Nashville HOME YELLOW vs Whoever AWAY WHITE
San Jose HOME TEAL vs Whoever AWAY WHITE

So damn boring in my opinion!
I would LOVE to see Calgary come back to Pittsburgh wearing those Awesome 80s RED Retros, Capitals come to Pittsburgh wearing those Awesome 80s RED Retros

Except it’s not straight one color vs another. It would be 

Penguins vs. Flyers

Black and gold and white vs. white and orange and black

Each jersey has lots of designs. Besides the color at home brings a lot of classic designs back to the home fans. The Habs, Rangers, even the Blackhawks all have superior dark jerseys. The Habs especially have a classic design that should be worn at home. 

Home teams should be wearing the color that most people are gonna be decked out in. And that’s not gonna be white... The only exception there is the Jets with their white out. (Or I guess the Coyotes white outs, but that’s not as comparable.) The Jets should wear white at home during the playoffs...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

This may not be unpopular on here, but the Brewers BiG logo is not close to the greatest of all time.

It's a fantastically designed logo to be sure, but it has literally no relevance to the team besides the letters m and b. It has nothing on the Hartford Whalers logo. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, chcarlson23 said:

Except it’s not straight one color vs another. It would be 

Penguins vs. Flyers

Black and gold and white vs. white and orange and black

Each jersey has lots of designs. Besides the color at home brings a lot of classic designs back to the home fans. The Habs, Rangers, even the Blackhawks all have superior dark jerseys. The Habs especially have a classic design that should be worn at home. 

Home teams should be wearing the color that most people are gonna be decked out in. And that’s not gonna be white... The only exception there is the Jets with their white out. (Or I guess the Coyotes white outs, but that’s not as comparable.) The Jets should wear white at home during the playoffs...

Pens tried a Black out before the '16 Playoffs during practice, was reported that the Goalies would have a Hard Time picking up the puck, Which is why they chose Gold Shirts to hand out to the fans, it was called the GOLDRUSH.

Just like Centerfield )beyond the Fences) at Baseball Parks cannot be white because the Batters have a hard time picking up the ball coming out of a Pitchers hand

Pens DOMINATE color in the Home uniform is BLACK (Gold and White are mere accent colors)
Flyers DOMINATE color in the Home uniform is ORANGE (White and Black are mere accent colors) 

DOMINATE Home WHITE (Pens) vs the DOMINATE ORANGE Road (Flyers)
http://www.nhluniforms.com/Penguins/Penguins16.html

http:/http://www.nhluniforms.com/Flyers/Flyers09.html

HOME Fans are going to Cheer for you, Be your STRENGTH when you need it, When you're on the Road in a Hostile Environment, (like say Philly) don't you want  to wear your Colors to be a Show of STRENGTH  

There is no right or wrong answer, I just prefer Home Whites

When my Wife and I get dolled up (LOL very rare occasion) to go out somewhere, she wears a Evergreen colored dress I wear White shirt, gray pants and a tri-colored striped dark green / gray / white tie (DOMINATE color I have on is white / gray, that dark green in the tie is just there as an accent color to match her dress) 

I don’t know if showing your colors is a show of strength on the road... If anything it looks better at home. 

It is definitely preference, but I do prefer darks at home, because then the home team gets to wear their dominant colors at home. And just because the dominant colors makes it always black vs white or whatever colors vs white doesn’t mean there is a lack of color. There are some pretty great road jerseys out there in the league. And if it’s still boring, teams can wear an alternate... Like the Pens gold sweaters. 

• Like 3

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

13 hours ago, Fitzy0220 said:

Pens tried a Black out before the '16 Playoffs during practice, was reported that the Goalies would have a Hard Time picking up the puck, Which is why they chose Gold Shirts to hand out to the fans, it was called the GOLDRUSH.

Just like Centerfield )beyond the Fences) at Baseball Parks cannot be white because the Batters have a hard time picking up the ball coming out of a Pitchers hand

Pens DOMINATE color in the Home uniform is BLACK (Gold and White are mere accent colors)
Flyers DOMINATE color in the Home uniform is ORANGE (White and Black are mere accent colors) 

Cool? Don't know how that all relates though.

HOME Fans are going to Cheer for you, Be your STRENGTH when you need it, When you're on the Road in a Hostile Environment, (like say Philly) don't you want  to wear your Colors to be a Show of STRENGTH  

Well, it should err on the side of the home team and they should be wearing their dominant colour at home. 

When my Wife and I get dolled up (LOL very rare occasion) to go out somewhere, she wears a Evergreen colored dress I wear White shirt, gray pants and a tri-colored striped dark green / gray / white tie (DOMINATE color I have on is white / gray, that dark green in the tie is just there as an accent color to match her dress) 

Cool? Don't know how that all relates though.

• Like 3

IEI5Tg1.png

17 hours ago, Fitzy0220 said:

I simply cannot understand what you are trying to say here. This is a mess of words that are capitalized when they shouldn't be and words that have been emphasized by being in all caps when bolding would work, just a mess of grammar everywhere and unfinished sentences that make it hard to read.

If my understanding is correct, you're trying to say that 1) certain colors can't be used in excess because it causes issues for the players, 2) the Pens' dominant (not dominate, that's a verb) color at home is black, which is true, their home sweater is black and that the Flyers' dominant home color is orange, also true, because their home sweater is orange, 3) home fans cheer for the team (usually true, but I've been to games where that's not the case) but wearing your colors on the road shows strength? 4) You prefer home whites, and 5) you and your wife match when you go out. Cute, I guess, but irrelevant and only furthers to muddle your message here.

I get wanting to wear white at home, but I think it's done better in basketball and baseball. Hockey and football, to me, should be wearing colors at home because it looks better within the context of the sport. 

• Like 2

the user formerly known as cdclt

18 hours ago, Fitzy0220 said:

Using the Flyers as an example, I'd rather see a playoff game where the crowd all has the free orange t-shirts on, showing unity with what the team is wearing, rather than wearing a different color

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Fitzy0220 said:

I think this is nice.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, ScubaSteve said:

Using the Flyers as an example, I'd rather see a playoff game where the crowd all has the free orange t-shirts on, showing unity with what the team is wearing, rather than wearing a different color

Memories of the Ducks-Jets series where the Winnipeg faithful wore white in solidarity with the Ducks.

Let's say the Flyers are playing the Maple Leafs and the fans are wearing orange. The Flyers, in white, still have a lot of orange to their uniforms. The Leafs are in head-to-toe blue. How could you look more in hostile territory than that?

• Like 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The thing about a white uniform is that the trim on that and the trim on the home “field” design will always match up, anyway, so you can’t go wrong and in most cases it does make the other team look more out of place. It does happen that two teams’ color schemes are a perfect match, but that’s more rare than it seems.

(Does not apply to modern NBA where who knows where the random wheel of jersey and court designs will land that day) 

• Like 1

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Part of the reason I suspect I don't really get passionate about colors at home in the NHL is that the Blackhawks crowd has never really taken to wearing one color to playoff games the way other teams have. McDonough (godspeed little doodle) didn't really do the shirts-on-the-seats stunt for whatever reason, so people just wore what they wore and it was fine enough. The United Center never lights the stands that well anyway so who cares, watch the game on the ice.

• Like 3

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

As long as we are talking about colors, I've never had an issue with any setup. As long as the home team and road team colors aren't too similar to cause confusion, I don't care. I'm fine with color vs. color in baseball. If you want to wear white at home in the NFL and NHL, go right ahead. 

Rather, where I draw the line is when teams like the Cavs will have something like 20 different uniforms and 20 different color combinations. If you want to do color vs. color, fine. But I think you should be limited to whatever colors are presently in your color scheme. If the Lakers wore blue in the past, fine. I don't want to see it on the court though. Unless it's a deliberate throwback game that is planned in advance. I'm again thinking of when the Cavs milked LeBron as much as possible and pretty much wore any possible uniform combo they could think of.

On 5/12/2020 at 7:49 PM, the admiral said:

Part of the reason I suspect I don't really get passionate about colors at home in the NHL is that the Blackhawks crowd has never really taken to wearing one color to playoff games the way other teams have. McDonough (godspeed little doodle) didn't really do the shirts-on-the-seats stunt for whatever reason, so people just wore what they wore and it was fine enough. The United Center never lights the stands that well anyway so who cares, watch the game on the ice.

Until the '08 Series vs the Wings (when white shirts were handed out at the gate), Pens fans generally wore whatever to a game. '92 / '93 season saw a lot of Suits in the lower bowl (to go along with the Higher Ticket Prices, Corporations also bought up lower bowl tickets, my grandfather (C18, lower bowl) was basically priced out of the Arena). Going to the Games as a kid, tween, teen and seeing all the different Colored uniforms come INTO the Arena, was Awesome. Now it's everyones White uniform as the Pens wear Black (find it boring) 

Maybe you should pick a new team with a better color scheme... The Canucks are blue! You could pick the Canucks! They'll always have a blue and white match up, which sounds less boring than black and white. But they also might wear black or yellow or navy at home! You never know what throwbacks they could wear! That sounds better than the boring black vs. white match-ups all the time... 🙂

• Like 1