Unpopular Opinions

The Washington Nationals' original logo and uniform package was the best the team has ever looked, and the only change they should have made was to swap the Walgreen's W for the DC logo across the board.

nuwnesft5b7fjgp05yujjrup8.gif

with this cap logo

pf3u5khjmdg44yxp564yr0oli.gif

byg1niwf9gmdbfey9l3h92u7t.gif

with this cap logo:

7fbhwmv8s0g55jgp3jcayf9w1.gif

• Like 6
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

On 8/22/2020 at 7:21 AM, Davidellias said:

the 1987-1990 White Sox uni's may be the worst in baseball or at least most uninspired.

The ChiSox had lost their identity until they adopted their current set back in the 90's.  I hope they never deviate from those except for some occasional throwback games.

• Like 2

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

1 hour ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

The Titans uniforms have vastly grown on me. I think removing the arm pit stripe is really all that needs to be done to the set. It all screams I should hate it but I've come around somehow. 

I'm in the same boat. I'll always have a soft spot for the white helmets, but I've come to love the vast majority of what they've done for the current set. Pretty much all of their combinations range from "solid" to "fantastic". The navy top/powder blue pants combo might be my personal favorite. The only combo that doesn't really do anything for me is the all-white.

I feel this way too. It's really not what the Titans should be doing, but it doesn't look bad, and certainly not as bad as they were when they were released. Maybe the Rams uniforms make everything look better just by comparison.

• Like 1

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

1 hour ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

The Titans uniforms have vastly grown on me. I think removing the arm pit stripe is really all that needs to be done to the set. It all screams I should hate it but I've come around somehow. 

24 minutes ago, dmmdoublem said:

I'm in the same boat. I'll always have a soft spot for the white helmets, but I've come to love the vast majority of what they've done for the current set. Pretty much all of their combinations range from "solid" to "fantastic". The navy top/powder blue pants combo might be my personal favorite. The only combo that doesn't really do anything for me is the all-white.

10 minutes ago, PERRIN said:

I feel this way too. It's really not what the Titans should be doing, but it doesn't look bad, and certainly not as bad as they were when they were released. Maybe the Rams uniforms make everything look better just by comparison.

Same here. I think it's a case of Nike and the NFL teams having great Ideas but questionable execution. The Titans can use a few more tweaks but overall, feel more like their own identity rather than having to be a reminder of the Oilers.

3 hours ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

Love their set except for the armpit stripe as well. Always hated their helmets so the navy is a big improvement. Change the thumbtack logo and they'll look damn good

16 hours ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

There was a front shot of Ryan Tannehill in a graphic during one of the playoff games and it didn’t show the armpit stripes. It made me instantly realize how much better they’d be without them.

• Like 1

On 8/22/2020 at 6:21 AM, Davidellias said:

the 1987-1990 White Sox uni's may be the worst in baseball or at least most uninspired.

I always thought if they were black and red or black amd silver, theyd be considered quite timeless.

But as they were? It was Joe Baseball Uni.

7 hours ago, NicDB said:

I always thought if they were black and red or black amd silver, theyd be considered quite timeless.

But as they were? It was Joe Baseball Uni.

That set was bland, but think of how dreadful the two before it were. It must have been a breath of fresh air at the time. Pullovers with belly stripes and white front panels, untucked contrasting-collared shirts that crossed Eurostile with Tuscan lettering? That's truly awful stuff compared to the current package, a modern classic. It drives me nuts to see any vestiges of the Winning Ugly set popping up on merchandise today. It should be as dead and buried as the Mariners stuff that just said "M's."

Two things I like a lot about the 87-90 set are a hat with a C and the full team name on the home jersey. I'd like that White Sox script to appear on jackets and miscellaneous tertiary stuff (it's a lot better than the new one they've tried to work in), and I wish they could get away with the curly C somewhere as well, though I have to admit the current hat is too ~iconic~ to replace. Slot it in wherever they're using that stupid batter logo now, I guess.

• Like 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

6 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Two things I like a lot about the 87-90 set are a hat with a C and the full team name on the home jersey. I'd like that White Sox script to appear on jackets and miscellaneous tertiary stuff (it's a lot better than the new one they've tried to work in), and I wish they could get away with the curly C somewhere as well, though I have to admit the current hat is too ~iconic~ to replace. Slot it in wherever they're using that stupid batter logo now, I guess.

My pet theory is that the team went with the overly-simplistic look in preparation for a move to Tampa Bay in 1987. The uniform switch happened despite the move falling through.