raysox

Unpopular Opinions

5 hours ago, TerrorDog13 said:

We can all agree the new designs that Reebok came up with was different with an different end result expected(tucked jerseys). If side panels work in some cases in other sports i.e. Denver Broncos, why can't it work in another sport if done right.?

See, that would require agreeing with your premise that side panels work in football. They dont. Broncos look horrible with them. The only way they look even remotely good is when they line up with the pants, which almost never happens.

I believe side panels can look good in hockey, They just have to be done right, which no NHL team has done yet imo.

For the Avs Reebok jerseys, if you cut the striping where the side panel stops, thicken the outline stripes a little, and add those same outline stripes to the arms, I'd be perfectly fine with them.

The only team that I can think of where the side panels have looked good, is the Milwaukee Admiral’s current jerseys. Because they’re more integrated into the design, and with striping on the front and back. 

But it would look way better and be more traditional, if they had proper hem stripes, rather than the side panels. I don’t mind the ones on the Broncos, but the biggest problem with side panels, is that the arms tend to cover that area, making it particularly pointless...

On 9/8/2020 at 7:42 PM, the admiral said:

That set was bland, but think of how dreadful the two before it were. It must have been a breath of fresh air at the time. Pullovers with belly stripes and white front panels, untucked contrasting-collared shirts that crossed Eurostile with Tuscan lettering? That's truly awful stuff compared to the current package, a modern classic. It drives me nuts to see any vestiges of the Winning Ugly set popping up on merchandise today. It should be as dead and buried as the Mariners stuff that just said "M's."

lol, don't watch any HS or College baseball then, there's a high chance you'll end up watching game with either the "Winning Ugly" or the "Tequila Sunrise" uniforms.

On 9/12/2020 at 12:36 AM, chcarlson23 said:

The only team that I can think of where the side panels have looked good, is the Milwaukee Admiral’s current jerseys. Because they’re more integrated into the design, and with striping on the front and back. 

But it would look way better and be more traditional, if they had proper hem stripes, rather than the side panels. I don’t mind the ones on the Broncos, but the biggest problem with side panels, is that the arms tend to cover that area, making it particularly pointless...

I don't hate these, either, aside from the fact that they don't work for a traditional team like the Islanders and that shade of orange is hideous.

72838215.jpg.0.jpg

They looked much better in Bridgeport

sean-bergenheim-of-the-bridgeport-sound-

5495983_a2afea849b_z.jpg