Unpopular Opinions

I think the Chicago Bears have some of the most dull and boring uniform sets in all of sports.

Agreed. I can see why people believe they shouldn't be messed with, but I personally think it looks dated and boring.

The Buffalo Sabres current Home and Away jerseys look almost as bad as the Slug set. The front numbers are complete overkill especially with the new helmet numbers and the piping to nowhere reminds me of the awful sabre blades (or whatever those reflective lines were supposed to be) running up the slug set. They also jumped on the Navy Blue bandwagon a decade too late.

I think the Chicago Bears have some of the most dull and boring uniform sets in all of sports.

You are entitled to your opinion, even if it might be deemed extremely "unpopular" if you asked most football fans.

There is something to be said about classic and classy football uniforms that stand the test of time. Not every team can or should be Oregon.

You are entitled to your opinion, even if it might be deemed extremely "unpopular" if you asked most football fans.

There is something to be said about classic and classy football uniforms that stand the test of time. Not every team can or should be Oregon.

Not all classic sets have to be dull and uninspired. IMO the New York Yankees, Boston Celtics, Detroit Red Wings, Green Bay Packers, LA Lakers, just to name a few have classic looks that also look good. To me, the Bears uniforms are just too boring and lack any appeal, but once again, unpopular opinion.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Agreed. I can see why people believe they shouldn't be messed with, but I personally think it looks dated and boring.

I also agree. The navy jerseys are way too dark and dreary-looking. I think the Bears should make their orange jersey the primary home look.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I love South Carolina's football uniforms, especially when they go garnet monochrome like today. There's just something about garnet, white, and black. A beautiful color scheme.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Not all classic sets have to be dull and uninspired. IMO the New York Yankees, Boston Celtics, Detroit Red Wings, Green Bay Packers, LA Lakers, just to name a few have classic looks that also look good. To me, the Bears uniforms are just too boring and lack any appeal, but once again, unpopular opinion.

With all due respect I fail to see what is so much more "inspiring" about the above mentioned uniforms. At least the Bears utilize TWO primary colors apart from white...THREE of the teams you listed don't. You can make a case that a couple of those jerseys are about as "uninspiring" as you can get. Again, you are entitled to your opinion as am I. For example, I think the Yankees have one of the most classic home jerseys in sports, yet one of the most dull and bland road jerseys. I'm sure its not a popular opinion but its one I stand by. To each his own.

With all due respect I fail to see what is so much more "inspiring" about the above mentioned uniforms. At least the Bears utilize TWO primary colors apart from white...THREE of the teams you listed don't. You can make a case that a couple of those jerseys are about as "uninspiring" as you can get. Again, you are entitled to your opinion as am I. For example, I think the Yankees have one of the most classic home jerseys in sports, yet one of the most dull and bland road jerseys. I'm sure its not a popular opinion but its one I stand by. To each his own.

I would agree, the Yankees road uniform is bland. I was specifically referring to the pinstripes though, as I probably should have specified. However bringing up the Yankees roads actually helps. While they're classic, I just don't think that they look good. That is the same way that I feel about the Bears uniforms. It can't really be argued, as it's an opinion, but that's the closest comparison as to how I feel about the Bears' uniforms.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

I may have posted on this before, but for Oklahoma State's current set, I love the gray:

Baylor-Oklahoma-St-Football.jpg

126312732_display_image.jpg?1317755857

131571294_crop_650x440.jpg?1320559469

They could darken it by a shade, and maybe they could use it a little less (I'd like to see White helmet/Orange Jersey/Gray Pants or Black/Gray/Black, for example), but all the colors balance out well on the helmet, jersey, and pants. It's unique to Div. I football (except for Washington State, as far as I can tell, also pictured):

69344_Utah_Washington_St_Football.jpg

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

I hated Oklahoma State's gray uniforms initially but they've grown on me. Something still bothers me about the all-black uniforms but the all-grays I can tolerate.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I'm with you guys on the Pacers pinstripes. Definetely a sharp uniform and much better than what they're in now.

And speaking of Washington State (briefly mentioned above), I LOVE thier current uniforms. They did a great job re-designing thier set over the summer, certainly my favorite change of the college offseason. Not to mention, I love thier identity as a whole. The logo is one of my favorite in the nation, and the colors just work so well together.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.