Unpopular Opinions

I hate pinstripes.

I'm with you on that one. There isn't a single team that looks good in them (no, not even THAT one).

This.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

The Yankees, while classic, don?t look great.

The Mets look better without pinstripes.

The Cowboys have some of the worst uniforms in the NFL.

I like the Padres update.

The NY Rangers look bad. Easily the worst of the original six.

Every single case of drop shadow is terrible.

I love the tequila sunrise jersey. Better than the majority of the jerseys worn by Houston throughout the years.

I love the Burger King jerseys. Much better than the current home plate shield and arguably better than the Gretzky era set.

I don't hate road pinstripes, especially on the Rockies. It works even better now that they're alone.

I hate grey facemasks even on teams with grey in their color scheme.

I love the nameplates on the Flyers.

The Lightning and the Coyotes have never looked better than they currently do.

I don?t mind vintage white. In fact, I?d welcome its use on select teams on an everyday basis. However, some color palettes just don?t work. It looked great on the Rangers yesterday, but terrible on the Flyers.

I'd like to see hockey, basketball, and football go almost exclusively color-on-color. I may be biased having grown up in L.A. and following the Lakers and longing for the Kings to return to the original set, but it still looks good in many other cases. Remember the Thanksgiving game between the Pats and the Lions in their throwbacks? Beautiful.

The new helmet numbers in the NHL don't bother me one bit. Numbers on the front of the jersey, such as the current Sharks and Sabres, and the former ATL thirds, are way more of an eye sore.

I wish every football uniform would look something like Michigan?s did earlier with the big ?M?. I see no reason to have a number on the front of the jersey. The jersey itself already has three other spaces for numbers, plus spaces on the helmet and wristbands, etc.

The Yankees, while classic, don’t look great.

I love the tequila sunrise jersey. Better than the majority of the jerseys worn by Houston throughout the years.

I love the Burger King jerseys. Much better than the current home plate shield and arguably better than the Gretzky era set.

I don't hate road pinstripes, especially on the Rockies. It works even better now that they're alone.

I don’t mind vintage white. In fact, I’d welcome its use on select teams on an everyday basis. However, some color palettes just don’t work. It looked great on the Rangers yesterday, but terrible on the Flyers.

I'd like to see hockey, basketball, and football go almost exclusively color-on-color. I may be biased having grown up in L.A. and following the Lakers and longing for the Kings to return to the original set, but it still looks good in many other cases. Remember the Thanksgiving game between the Pats and the Lions in their throwbacks? Beautiful. (Actually, yes, that Pats-Lions game was beautiful. But those leagues going exclusively color-on-color? No.)

The new helmet numbers in the NHL don't bother me one bit. Numbers on the front of the jersey, such as the current Sharks and Sabres, and the former ATL thirds, are way more of an eye sore.

I wish every football uniform would look something like Michigan’s did earlier with the big “M”. I see no reason to have a number on the front of the jersey. The jersey itself already has three other spaces for numbers, plus spaces on the helmet and wristbands, etc.

Bold is stuff I agree, strikethrough is stuff I disagree with.

spacer.png

I don?t mind vintage white. In fact, I?d welcome its use on select teams on an everyday basis. However, some color palettes just don?t work. It looked great on the Rangers yesterday, but terrible on the Flyers.

I'd like to see hockey, basketball, and football go almost exclusively color-on-color. I may be biased having grown up in L.A. and following the Lakers and longing for the Kings to return to the original set, but it still looks good in many other cases. Remember the Thanksgiving game between the Pats and the Lions in their throwbacks? Beautiful. (Actually, yes, that Pats-Lions game was beautiful. But those leagues going exclusively color-on-color? No.)

I wish every football uniform would look something like Michigan?s did earlier with the big ?M?. I see no reason to have a number on the front of the jersey. The jersey itself already has three other spaces for numbers, plus spaces on the helmet and wristbands, etc.

The strikethrough is what I'd expect from most. I am surprised to see how much you agree with though. And to clarify, not exclusively color-on-color, but just a lot more. This would obviously require some teams to have two non-white jerseys, which just won't work for all(Colts, Jets in NFL; Leafs, Lighting in NFL; Celtics in NBA). I just think plenty of teams lose their identity with white jerseys. Color-on-color is just way more visually appealing to me. However, the one notable exception to less that I can think of would be the Philadelphia Flyers. I'd take them in white before black any day.

You know, I hate the Yankees as much as anyone but even I recognize that you do not disrespect their uniforms.

It's not a matter of opinion. If you think the Yankees' uniforms look bad, you are wrong. It's that simple.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

You don't mess with the classics.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

There's no reason to change for the sake of change when change isn't required, especially among teams that are deeply rooted in a winning tradition. Yankees won't ever change, not if they like making money.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I'm with evanmaldonado on this one, the home and road are beautiful but the black alt is terrible.

It would be better if it had a better crest logo... I freakin' hate the running coyote logo. It would still be bad, but not as bad.

And on the Home jersey, in my opinion, it needs a shoulder yoke and a logo on each shoulder.

You know, I hate the Yankees as much as anyone but even I recognize that you do not disrespect their uniforms.

It's not a matter of opinion. If you think the Yankees' uniforms look bad, you are wrong. It's that simple.

How did I disrespect them? I didn't even call them ugly or anything of the sort. I just said they don't look good to me. It's how I view them. It's that simple. Isn't this an opinions thread? Nice of you to determine the value of my opinion. I didn't even say I want them to change. In fact, there's only two minor things I'd like to see them alter. I recognize they're classic. However, that's only the case because of long usage, players, and many championships.

However, I find problems with them. The differing logos, the white outline on the road, and the the black piping on the road(especially considering with all their great players, they've periodically added a black memorial band, which I think looks terrible with the unnecessary piping on the road sleeves). And I know it's traditional, and bordering on sacrilegious to say, but modern baseball uniforms should have NOBs. Again, I'm not saying the Yankees should adopt this look, but today's jerseys should. Those knockoff or incorrect jerseys that have Jeter on the back don't look bad. The only things I'd actually like to see changed would be the removal of the white outline and black piping on the road. It wasn't that long ago that they added the white outline anyway. I also prefer pinstriped jerseys to have scripts/logos/numbers that have an outline so as to not be the same color as the stripes. And speaking of color, they're not navy blue, midnight blue, or whatever made up shade of blue you want to call them. They wear black. I don't care what style sheets, online guides, or even they call it, it's black.

I guess this is the ultimate unpopular opinion.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to say that you specifically disrespected them. I just meant it in general.

You don't mess with the classics.

You don't, but that doesn't mean a classic set can't be ugly or boring.

Ex: The Montreal Canadiens logo is a classic logo, but it's boring.

Thank you! And just because you might not like it, doesn't mean you can't recoginize that it is classic, and shouldn't change.

Perfect? No. But they won tons of titles wearing them. Thus they will stay.

Unpopular opinion? My favorite unis in the NBA right now - the Atlanta Hawks.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

That's terrible logic for keeping a uniform, though. You shouldn't judge whether a team should keep a set solely based on how well they played in them. There's got to be some aesthetics/fashion judgment, too.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

That's terrible logic for keeping a uniform, though. You shouldn't judge whether a team should keep a set solely based on how well they played in them. There's got to be some aesthetics/fashion judgment, too.

I agree.

Should the White Sox still be wearing their 1980s striped jerseys today if they happened to win a lone championship while wearing them?

I agree.

Should the White Sox still be wearing their 1980s striped jerseys today if they happened to win a lone championship while wearing them?

It's terrible logic, not my logic, but can you deny that winning "freezes" a team's design?

twitter

The strikethrough is what I'd expect from most. I am surprised to see how much you agree with though. And to clarify, not exclusively color-on-color, but just a lot more. This would obviously require some teams to have two non-white jerseys, which just won't work for all(Colts, Jets in NFL; Leafs, Lighting in NFL; Celtics in NBA). I just think plenty of teams lose their identity with white jerseys. Color-on-color is just way more visually appealing to me. However, the one notable exception to less that I can think of would be the Philadelphia Flyers. I'd take them in white before black any day.

Haha, yeah, it's the unpopular opinion thread, post your unpopular opinions! Anyway, I just vastly prefer the white jerseys to the colored jerseys, but that's just my opinion. I do like color-on-color in moderation, though.

spacer.png