Unpopular Opinions

7 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Or this...

spacer.png

Ugh...if only they'd at least figure out a better looking Chicago script than this ugly one.  And change the back numbers to blue.  Hell, at this point I'd be content with a gray version of the pinstripes instead of these.

• Like 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

11 hours ago, Discrim said:

Ugh...if only they'd at least figure out a better looking Chicago script than this ugly one.  And change the back numbers to blue.  Hell, at this point I'd be content with a gray version of the pinstripes instead of these.

Oh, I agree, that Cubs gray uniform is no prize. I guess I was just using it as an example of an all gray uniform and keeping the team consistent. But yeah, that wordmark and use of red stinks.

18 hours ago, Discrim said:

The word mark always looked awkward. When I saw the 1968 throwbacks, I thought those should've been promoted to fulltime. 

usa-today-7952530.0.0.jpg 

• Like 4

XM4KeeA.png

I used to like how the Cubs rarely made significant changes to their home uniform, but changed their road every couple of years.  They new they couldn't be too creative at home, so they used the road to try new ideas.  Some were hits, others were not.  What they have now looks very professional and nice, but lacks a little character.  I'd like to see them try a Chicago script - but it would need to have a tail or something else to distinguish it enough from their neighbor's version.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 7/18/2021 at 9:38 PM, Unocal said:

I liked the Lions black alternates of the mid-2000s

spacer.png

This uniform and the Cardinals black alts both have this charm I can’t explain. They’re ugly but I like em. Same with some of the piping uniforms from the same era, namely Jacksonville.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

12 hours ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

This uniform and the Cardinals black alts both have this charm I can’t explain. They’re ugly but I like em. Same with some of the piping uniforms from the same era, namely Jacksonville.

I think it's just how well the colors work. Doesnt mean that it's not BFBS or that the team SHOULD wear them. just nice in a vaccum.

A lighter blue+black looks amazing in my eyes.

• Like 1

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I loved the Marvin Lewis era Bengals uniforms, white side stripe and all. They were bold and out there, and I also liked the more aggressive use of tiger stripes. These new uniforms just look lame to me, and the white pants stripe ruin the look, same with the white jersey having virtually no orange

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

On 8/16/2021 at 10:48 AM, DTConcepts said:

hi-res-f4a0df6f0025135ad4853deb15ac0425_crop_exact.jpg?w=1200&h=1200&q=75

These jerseys suck. The Flyers belong in orange.

I thought these were great as an alternate look- to be worn a few times a season. Unfortunately, the Flyers, like a few other teams in the late '90s/ early 00's (Florida, Ottawa, Washington, San Jose) took cool-looking ALTERNATE looks and promoted them to full-time status, taking away from A)- seeing a different color combination or a different take on the logo, and B)- making a generally fun occasional look the full-time look.

hueanps0b9mp4f20zbxmg74u4.gif

x2kfkvhx7fz1dguw8mnu8z6y3.gif

olg7jvr1ez2pqxh30h9pfbfg0.gif

rjomtf1luu3z1meea9w1.gif

I always thought these were really cool different takes on the main visual identity of these teams, and perfect as alternate jerseys. It was when they got promoted to full-time or playoff road (then home) jerseys that they lost their luster.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2021 at 6:14 PM, Ridleylash said:

I still think they should've done a 90's Jets jersey in either their current colors or with red and blue flipped. The grey is so boring.

Their aviator blue jersey was essentially a recolour of their '90s jersey, so a '90s themed RR would've been redundant.

spacer.png

spacer.png

3 hours ago, IceCap said:

My unpopular opinion- the original Winnipeg Jets never had a good logo. The RCAF roundel logo is better than all of them.

I agree, and yet the roundel would still be a better secondary than primary. I'm willing to allow for the Winnipeg Jets always having a dopey primary with an airplane, a hockey stick, and their full name spelled out. The script they came up with for the alternate could have been fashioned into an update of the 1990-1996 logo.

It's always been an interesting thing about the Jets: the passion for bringing NHL hockey back as the Winnipeg Jets was so intense despite not only a poor on-ice record but also such poor branding. The mere notion of the team transcended everything else. It didn't matter; it had to be the Winnipeg Jets. And I'm glad it was. We could have had the Manitoba Polar Bears.

• Like 6

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Panthers Need a Third Jersey Hockey Uniform Design ALternate Florida  NHL SB Nation SBN Week - Litter Box Cats

These jerseys are actually really solid, and fit in well with south Florida hockey. I get that people don't like them because they strayed too far from the Panthers' normal branding, but isn't that the point of alternate jerseys? To push the envelope?

Regardless, these jerseys don't deserve the crap they get. They look really slick.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DTConcepts said:

These jerseys are actually really solid, and fit in well with south Florida hockey. I get that people don't like them because they strayed too far from the Panthers' normal branding, but isn't that the point of alternate jerseys? To push the envelope?

I'm going to challenge you on two points. 

How do these push any envelopes? They're just cashing in on the "team logo in a roundel"/double blue trend that started when everyone fell in love with Pittsburgh's throwbacks from the 2008 Winter Classic. 

Also...how do these "fit in" with South Florida? There are a few colour schemes that fit with South Florida (the Panthers' standard colour scheme is one) but double blue and white doesn't. It's a cool colour scheme, and not one I'd associate with Florida. South or otherwise. 

• Like 8