Unpopular Opinions

On 10/29/2021 at 5:33 PM, Ark said:

Is this unpopular?

The Red Wings should wear their white uniforms all the time  like the Cowboys do.  They are much nicer than their red uniforms; they truly appear to have "red wings".

Only time this would be feasible would be the playoffs.  The other team wouldn't need to go through the hassle of carrying two sets of uniforms.

If it were ever an option, the Jets should definitely wear their whites at home for the playoffs because of the whole white out thing they do.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, M4One said:

Only time this would be feasible would be the playoffs.  The other team wouldn't need to go through the hassle of carrying two sets of uniforms.

Really you could do it any time the visiting team is only on a one-game road trip as long as it's agreed upon before hand. 

^^

I love double-outlines.

• Like 3

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2021 at 8:40 PM, VikWings said:

I prefer the Disney Angels look to what they've sported since 02.

I really liked the Disney set, but moreso out of nostalgia I think. The set reminds me of the best days of SportsCenter and the peak of sports magazines and catalogs. 

The gray set always looked better than the white set, IMO, for whatever reason. The faux vests were bad, the wordmark’s drop shadow wasn’t great, the pinstripes probably weren’t necessary, and the logo could definitely be improved a little (maybe just use a wing and get rid of the whizzing baseball). 

The number font was unique and pretty fantastic though (I liked the two color treatment on the front and three color number on the back. I liked the all navy cap with the light blue button. 

In the end though, I can’t say it was better than the CA set before it or the red-A set after it. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 10/12/2021 at 4:12 PM, DCarp1231 said:

Yet another post of wanting the Ravens to adopt their social media font full time into their uniforms

Illegible

On 10/29/2021 at 7:33 PM, Ark said:

Is this unpopular?

The Red Wings should wear their white uniforms all the time  like the Cowboys do.  They are much nicer than their red uniforms; they truly appear to have "red wings".

Correct, and so should the Jets and Maple Leafs. Really, just put the whole league back to white at home and have the Habs be the team that only breaks out the "home" uniform for special occasions.

• Like 3

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

People talk about how great USC-UCLA looks as a color versus color game.

Along the same line, I feel that Ohio State’s all red versus Michigan’s all blue would look great as a contrasting rivalry matchup. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 4

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

18 hours ago, Chawls said:

Along the same line, I feel that Ohio State’s all red versus Michigan’s all blue would look great as a contrasting rivalry matchup. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

I'm going to disagree on mono blue v mono red, but I think a Michigan-Ohio State game where both teams wear their standard home uniforms would be beautiful. I would love for them to try it one year. 

• Like 5

On 11/30/2021 at 3:03 PM, Chawls said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

8 hours ago, darthjocan said:

I'm going to disagree on mono blue v mono red, but I think a Michigan-Ohio State game where both teams wear their standard home uniforms would be beautiful. I would love for them to try it one year. 

I think either option would look great, honestly. I’d never thought of color vs. color for Ohio State vs. Michigan, but I think it would work beautifully.

For my own unpopular opinion: I don’t mind black-out or white-out looks in football. Most of the time, wearing the primary combo is ideal, but I sometimes I like the look of the all-white or the all-black, especially in primetime, albeit used sparingly.

• Like 3

On 11/27/2021 at 10:04 PM, fouhy12 said:

Double-outlines look really good when used properly. 

The Cowboys need to do this. They already do with the navy and Color rush jersey. it matches the logo, so it makes perfect sense.  If they wore the Color Rush and blue jerseys the whole time, I'd be happy.

• Like 3