Unpopular Opinions

22 hours ago, fbjim said:

The "sand"-colored Padres uniforms were simultaneously great, and a nice subtle tribute to their old yellow uniforms, even if that wasn't the intent. 

Not sure how unpopular this opinion really is. IMO, those uniforms were the only redeemable aspect of the Padres' navy era.

• Like 2

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

On the topic of the Padres - I always thought their 2016 home jerseys were an underrated look:

Pomeranz.jpg

Replace Navy Blue with Padres Brown and add some stripes to the pants, and you got yourself a pretty great alternate.

• Like 12

20 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

From the shoulders down, this is the best the Jaguars have lookedspacer.png

I still prefer the 95-08 set (I know there were various tweaks along the way), but give me a full stripe on the pants and remove the unnecessary sublimation on the shoulders and these were pretty good sans helmet (and the Goldust uniform). 

Even what they're wearing now is probably number outlines and a pants stripe from being very good. It's just between that helmet being such a disaster and Tom Coughlin having input made them go way too conservative.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, VikWings said:

the Goldust uniform.

Their dreams were indeed shattered in those unis.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 hours ago, TBGKon said:

You know, in outdoor lighting these are actually not bad. Not perfect, but far from bad. I know they're not traditional but Washington had to move to the polar opposite when making this change.

They really didn’t have to go to the polar opposite. Literally all they had to do was change the name and logo. Should’ve been the Redtails but Commanders is fine. Just change the name and logos, like the Guardians did. 

• Like 5

On 8/13/2022 at 1:10 PM, TBGKon said:

You know, in outdoor lighting these are actually not bad. Not perfect, but far from bad. I know they're not traditional but Washington had to move to the polar opposite when making this change.

Nah those are objectively bad because there's next to no yellow from the neck down and no black on the helmet. Also the plain white pants and socks don't help the situation at all. They didn't have to go with traditional uniforms but those are just straight up bad. The good news is that they're only a few small fixes (pant stripes on white pants or burgundy pants and colour socks) away from looking decent, so not all hope is lost

• Like 8

23 hours ago, JerseyJimmy said:

I absolutely hate that modern uniforms need to be sleek and form-fitting. give me football jerseys with actual sleeves, please. hell, give me TJ Ford and his Longs.

mark-brunell.jpg?quality=75&width=982&height=726&auto=webpEvHcn-RUYAM4uMY.jpg

Baseball has gone in the inverse direction: Baggy uniforms seem to be popular.

UBwef0L.png

3 hours ago, Ark said:

I love these uniforms

image.png

Is this even unpopular though? The Thrashers jerseys were the :censored:! (which was one of the only redeeming qualities about that franchise, sadly). 

Their navy blue jerseys were pretty great, too.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mahnkej said:

Is this even unpopular though? The Thrashers jerseys were the :censored:! (which was one of the only redeeming qualities about that franchise, sadly). 

Yea, logo is trash. Asymmetrical shoulder yoke is bad. Wordmark on the sleeve is super bad. Really the only thing that’s good about them is their colors

• Like 3
  • Dislike 4

6 hours ago, dont care said:

Yea, logo is trash. Asymmetrical shoulder yoke is bad. Wordmark on the sleeve is super bad. Really the only thing that’s good about them is their colors

I vehemently disagree on the asymmetrical shoulder and wordmark. That is the best part about it other than the colors.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, mahnkej said:

Yeah, I don't think people had a problem with the pre-Edge version as an alternate (although I found it strange that they chose powder blue despite it not being anywhere in their main uniforms aside from splashes on their logos). 

The issue was when the league switched to the Edge template they made a worse version of the jersey, made it the primary home look, and for some reason didn't make the away jersey match even though they were redesigning it.

• Like 4