Unpopular Opinions

The Habs away jersey (not the full uniform but just the jersey) is not as good as people say. Only cause of the amount of winning is it held in high regard but there is a massive distance between the Home jersey (which is the best even if I’m a Sens fan) and the away which is not even close to being top 100. 

my fix that will make it middle of the road is the need for stripes on the sleeve Akin to the socks or waist. Otherwise it is a very bland jersey. 

• Like 2

zyyMk1d.png

9 minutes ago, clonewars2008 said:

The Habs away jersey (not the full uniform but just the jersey) is not as good as people say. Only cause of the amount of winning is it held in high regard but there is a massive distance between the Home jersey (which is the best even if I’m a Sens fan) and the away which is not even close to being top 100. 

my fix that will make it middle of the road is the need for stripes on the sleeve Akin to the socks or waist. Otherwise it is a very bland jersey. 

My opinion is I'd just scrap it altogether and make this their permanent road jersey;

spacer.png

• Like 9
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this is necessarily unpopular, but this matchup was the best Winter Classic we've ever had, at least visually.

usatsi-13861400-900x506.jpg

Both teams' jerseys are absolutely gorgeous fauxbacks that seamlessly mesh hockey history from their respective cities with their current identities. On their own, the jerseys are great, but the matchup between the two was just perfect. Add in the massive crowd, the contrasting color schemes, and some face paint on the players, and you've got the most visually appealing Winter Classic yet.

2010 and 2014 are honorable mentions, though.

• Like 6

The Carolina Panthers need to update their uniforms. The TV numbers and shoulder stripes are too condensed for an increasingly smaller area. 

• Like 4

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I kinda like when teams have multiple commemorative patches (as long as they are not ads). Maybe it's because of the 1992 and 2017 Pens having so many (shown here as examples of what I mean), but when a championship team has multiple patches it just makes the uniform feel like it is more special somehow, partially because of its special connection to that year.

pittsburgh-penguins-mario-lemieux-1992-n

(Barely visible: Penguins 25th anniversary)

6136PwLWIHL._AC_SY580_.jpg

• Like 2

oBIgzrL.png

I think the Texans have one of the best uniform sets in the league (everything but their very plain pants stripe used by seemingly 75% of football teams everywhere and it never matches the sleeve striping). There's been a call for them for the past 5-10 years to change it, because it was introduced after 2000 and every uniform released after that date (no matter how "mild" compared to its counterparts of the same era) must be changed. If the Colts had introduced what they currently wear in 2001, people would hate it by now, but because it's old as hell it's grandfathered in. I must say that I do enjoy the Colts uniforms, there's just a ridiculous double standard.

Houston's uniform is 90% USC's football uniforms, which are by no means outdated. If they change, it'll be to some trendy thing now like super plain uniforms with no/minimal stripes and a very specific number font and that's it. Which will look as dumb in five years as people think piping on football uniforms looks now.

I wouldn't mind the Texans wearing this for the next 50 years.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, floydnimrod said:

There's been a call for them for the past 5-10 years to change it, because it was introduced after 2000 and every uniform released after that date (no matter how "mild" compared to its counterparts of the same era) must be changed. If the Colts had introduced what they currently wear in 2001, people would hate it by now, but because it's old as hell it's grandfathered in. I must say that I do enjoy the Colts uniforms, there's just a ridiculous double standard.

If you ask some people on this board, there are three options for uniform designs.

1. How the team looked when they first started.

2. The most boring possible "classic" design (AKA what every team looked like in the 60s).

3. What the team looked like when said person started watching (the 90s).

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

12 hours ago, DTConcepts said:

I love weird captain/assistant captain patches on hockey jerseys. Having something more unique than a 'C' or 'A' from the normal letter kit goes a long way in making a jersey more unique and fun.

Is that unpopular? I thought most people loved unique captain lettering, so long as its done well.

• Like 4

On 8/17/2022 at 12:39 AM, JerseyJimmy said:

I absolutely hate that modern uniforms need to be sleek and form-fitting. give me football jerseys with actual sleeves, please. hell, give me TJ Ford and his Longs.

(First of all, yeah, I know, I'm quoting a post from months ago. But I like reading threads in reverse order sometimes.)

I'm not sure this is unpopular, at least around here. I think a lot of people here especially like the looser/longer sleeves on football teams. I know that, as a fan of an NFL team that clings to its old sleeve stripes that do not fit on the modern tight sleeve, I wish long ones were still the norm. Roethlisberger was the last Steeler whose jersey looked "right" sleeve-wise.

10834868.jpg

vs.

tj-watt.png

Honestly though, if they'd just intentionally cut off the bottom gold and white stripes, it'd look fine on modern sleeves. But the change to italic font is already a source of rage for older Steelers fans. Intentionally changing the sleeve stripes as opposed to being forced into it wouldn't go over well with Yinzer Nation. That said, again, Ben's jersey looks better simply because of the sleeves.

• Like 2

oBIgzrL.png

On 1/13/2023 at 8:43 AM, Chromatic said:

Is that unpopular? I thought most people loved unique captain lettering, so long as its done well.

I've never been sure how popular or unpopular it is. I've seen a lot of flak get thrown at unique captain patches, so I figured I'd chime in. If you want a truly unpopular opinion, though, I'll bite. I think that this patch is actually really fun and should've stuck around longer than it did.

Flames All-Time Countdown Chapter CXLIII: 4. Theoren Fleury - Matchsticks  and Gasoline

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2023 at 10:31 PM, DTConcepts said:

I love weird captain/assistant captain patches on hockey jerseys. Having something more unique than a 'C' or 'A' from the normal letter kit goes a long way in making a jersey more unique and fun.

I need him': Meet the behind-the-scenes trainer who has helped Nathan  MacKinnon take off - The Athletic

The Avs should have just kept the Big Foot on the shoulders and used the state flag C as the captain's patch.

Also, the Canes should be using the Stadium Series C on all their jerseys (and use their actual logo on the road instead of the wordmark).

spacer.png

• Like 6