Unpopular Opinions

488fk.jpg

The above jersey was a true modern classic and the best the Sabres have looked in their 41 year history. the absence of Sabres on the front is irrelevant in my books because there are tons of so called "classic" logos that do not depict the teams namesake.

The Canadiens do not feature a Canadien, The Islanders classic logo does not depict an Islander, etc..

Lastly the Sabres so called "classic" crest is the most overrated logo in the history of the NHL. To be frank, it's awful.

Well firstly I wouldn't consider the Islanders' logo classic at all, but anyway, I do have a problem with that jersey. I love the design and overall look, I just don't get the logo. They're not the Buffalo Buffaloes. We get it, your city is named after an animal, why does the logo have to be that animal, especially when the name of the team is different? The other logos you mentioned at least represent the city and team name.

(Though they're better than the Buffalo Bills, naming the team after the guy who slaughtered thousands of those animals. I think I've said this before.)

totally off subject but your avatar pic is hilarious. It took me a minute but I just got it. simply fantastic. *thumbs up*

The Islanders' Gorton's logo was not a bad logo. It only looked bad because the uniforms it was paired with were complete :censored:. Switch that logo to normal Islanders colors and it would look great as an alternate. Hell, it'd be an improvement over that atrocious black jersey.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I'll offer up my twist on that again: Lighthouse logo from shoulders. Miles ahead of Gorton and the mess they currently use.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

IMO, This

Bakke29--nfl_medium_540_360.JPG

OR

120108_second_Bakke26--nfl_medium_540_360.JPG

is better than

Bakke03--nfl_medium_540_360.JPG

The orange is a good Alternate, but the blue is a stronger primary.

I don't think your opinion is in the minority at all. The Broncos' navy set is a MUCH better uniform than the orange alt (soon to be primary). Not exactly a fan of the helmet/jersey/pants comprising of three different colors, as is the case when Denver wears their orange jersey.

6uXNWAo.png

Does it look better than the orange? Yes. Is the orange more unique? Yes.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I don't think your opinion is in the minority at all. The Broncos' navy set is a MUCH better uniform than the orange alt (soon to be primary). Not exactly a fan of the helmet/jersey/pants comprising of three different colors, as is the case when Denver wears their orange jersey.

I like the orange a lot more. Not really for aesthetic reasons, more so for team history reasons. The Broncos have always worn an orange top with white pants (except for those awful yellow/brown uniforms their first year) before their 1996 update. And during most of that time they wore blue helmets. I think switching to the orange jersey is great because it gives a nod to the team's past while staying with the modern look.

jNTsTyQ.png

Does it look better than the orange? Yes. Is the orange more unique? Yes.

So then what are the Bears waiting for? :D

Bears did navy primaries first. :P

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I like the orange a lot more. Not really for aesthetic reasons, more so for team history reasons. The Broncos have always worn an orange top with white pants (except for those awful yellow/brown uniforms their first year) before their 1996 update. And during most of that time they wore blue helmets. I think switching to the orange jersey is great because it gives a nod to the team's past while staying with the modern look.

History actually tells us that the Broncos have had their greatest success in their current "CyberBronco" navy set. When that uniform was unveiled in 1997, as almost all Broncos fans were onboard with it, and even more so after they brought home a title after their first year.

On the other hand, the old orange uniforms and "D" logo were a symbol of coming up short when it mattered. (0-4 in Super Bowls, and none of those games were even close!) No need to go back to the past. That's what throwback uniforms are for.

As they say, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." The navy jerseys should've been retained.

6uXNWAo.png

IMO, This

ALL BLUE

OR

BLUE w/ white bottoms

is better than

Orange

The orange is a good Alternate, but the blue is a stronger primary.

Agreed. maybe if they wore the blue pants with orange that would help, but then the stripe gets screwed up

I really like the Broncos in all blue. I know a lot of people here hate the monochrom look, but I think it looks great on the Broncos.

the Monochrom is my favorite broncos look.

488fk.jpg

The above jersey was a true modern classic and the best the Sabres have looked in their 41 year history. the absence of Sabres on the front is irrelevant in my books because there are tons of so called "classic" logos that do not depict the teams namesake.

The Canadiens do not feature a Canadien, The Islanders classic logo does not depict an Islander, etc..

Lastly the Sabres so called "classic" crest is the most overrated logo in the history of the NHL. To be frank, it's awful.

YES. Preach brother, preach!

90758391980.gif

I liked the patriots monochrome blue they wore a few times in 2002. Looked better than most monochromes as they still had sliver helmet and white socks with stripes to offset all the blue

If I remember correctly they played horribly when they wore them and I think that put them back in the closet. I wish they would break them out once in a while.

I liked the patriots monochrome blue they wore a few times in 2002. Looked better than most monochromes as they still had sliver helmet and white socks with stripes to offset all the blue

If I remember correctly they played horribly when they wore them and I think that put them back in the closet. I wish they would break them out once in a while.

I didn't know they wore blue on blue.... Sure enough google and you taught me something. Can't say I'm a big fan of the look tho.

001361006.jpg

90758391980.gif