Unpopular Opinions

I don't think your opinion is in the minority at all. The Broncos' navy set is a MUCH better uniform than the orange alt (soon to be primary). Not exactly a fan of the helmet/jersey/pants comprising of three different colors, as is the case when Denver wears their orange jersey.

I like the orange a lot more. Not really for aesthetic reasons, more so for team history reasons. The Broncos have always worn an orange top with white pants (except for those awful yellow/brown uniforms their first year) before their 1996 update. And during most of that time they wore blue helmets. I think switching to the orange jersey is great because it gives a nod to the team's past while staying with the modern look.

History actually tells us that the Broncos have had their greatest success in their current "CyberBronco" navy set. When that uniform was unveiled in 1997, as almost all Broncos fans were onboard with it, and even more so after they brought home a title after their first year.

On the other hand, the old orange uniforms and "D" logo were a symbol of coming up short when it mattered. (0-4 in Super Bowls, and none of those games were even close!) No need to go back to the past. That's what throwback uniforms are for.

As they say, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." The navy jerseys should've been retained.

I don't know what "history" you are reading.

When it was announced that the Broncos were going to overhaul their logo and uniforms, people were OK with so long as orange remained the primary color. And, indeed, there were multiple assurances that the uniforms would remain "predominantly orange." Then the uniforms were unveiled and they were ... blue. And people HATED them.

The design ....? Eh, so were Ok with it, some hated it, some came around when the team won consecutive Super Bowls in the first years of that look. But losing the orange was always a big deal.

Also, not that losing the Super Bowl is fun, but ... you're still doing better than all but one team in the league. Variations of the "D" were worn from 68-96. In those years Denver went to four Super Bowls, plus one other AFC Championship, and had 11 playoff appearances overall.

The new look had a great start but until Sunday the Broncos had only won a single playoff game since Elway's retirement, only won the division twice, and have overall fallen into the ranks of the league's mediocre teams. Speaking as a Broncos fan, the weight of those first two years' success doesn't cancel out the last 12 of relative futility.

I've been for bringing back orange as the primary for years and, frankly, if the team wanted to do even more of an overhaul than that, I wouldn't object based on some notion that our "best years" came in the current set.

I hate the Hockey Canada logo.

0mh1ag6k01rx9was0qgkw04az-2.png

It would make for a great CHL logo, but I just can't stand it as the logo of our national hockey teams. For all the problems that the 2010 Olympic logo had, at least it wasn't the Hockey Canada logo.

eq0zb0sba01ply5uwfa0s7rhn-1.png

I'd love to see them go back to this logo...

teamcanada-1.png

...or hopefully this one:

1103-canada-alt.png

1103-canada-alt.png

I'd like my neighbors to the north to go to that uniform design. It is incredibly nice.

I can't really complain about American national team designs. The Team USA soccer team kits since about 2003 are nice (though the crest could use some work). The Team USA baseball team has an awesome design.

USA Hockey and USA Basketball both have crappy logos, but at least those logos have ceased appearing on the uniforms. I personally think that all Team USA teams should use a touched-up and modernized version of this logo:

6555.gif

but that's just my (probably unpopular) opinion.

spacer.png

1103-canada-alt.png

I'd like my neighbors to the north to go to that uniform design. It is incredibly nice.

I can't really complain about American national team designs. The current Team USA soccer team kits since about 2003 are nice (though the crest could use some work). The Team USA baseball team has an awesome design.

USA Hockey and USA Basketball both have crappy logos, but at least those logos have ceased appearing on the uniforms. I personally think that all Team USA teams should use a touched-up and modernized version of this logo:

6555.gif

I love the idea of an eagle for Team USA. It seems so obvious, yet it's never really been explored all that much.

Self-promotion time! :D

UnitedStatesofAmerica-1.png

Speaking of US sports logos, I must be the only person on here who doesn't hate the US Soccer Federation's logo.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

1103-canada-alt.png

I can't really complain about American national team designs. The current Team USA soccer team kits since about 2003 are nice (though the crest could use some work). The Team USA baseball team has an awesome design.

6555.gif

I love the idea of an eagle for Team USA. It seems so obvious, yet it's never really been explored all that much.

Self-promotion time! :D

UnitedStatesofAmerica-1.png

That is great. I would be more than pleased if Team USA moved to that design for the next Winter Olympics.

Have you considered creating a "redesigning the IIHF" or something thread in the concepts section, if you have ideas for other international hockey teams?

~~~~

The name of this thread should be changed to simply "Opinions".

Oddly enough, I've been mulling around creating a topic for random opinions people would just like to espouse.

spacer.png

Have you considered creating a "redesigning the IIHF" or something thread in the concepts section, if you have ideas for other international hockey teams?

Much appreciated :)

As for the IIHF thread, I actually did that a while back during the 2010 games. Though I'd like to revisit a few of those concepts....

As for the IIHF thread, I actually did that a while back during the 2010 games. Though I'd like to revisit a few of those concepts....

You already did it? I'd like to check that out. I'll go looking for it in the concepts section (of course, a link would be nice too...)

I say go for it. If you have some ideas, I for one would like to see them.

spacer.png

You already did it? I'd like to check that out. I'll go looking for it in the concepts section (of course, a link would be nice too...)

Here ya go.

Here ya go.

Thanks. I love the Russia one, though Norway is my favorite (besides the USA one, of course). All of them are great, though Belarus' national emblem seems a bit too...ornate and detailed for a hockey crest.

I also liked that you added the "sash" to the German sweater. "Sashes" are some of my favorite features on soccer kits, and the sash really works well on the German jersey.

I decided to reply to you with my opinions on this thread rather than bumping a two year old thread, so apologies to the mod for bringing this thread further off-topic.

spacer.png

1103-canada-alt.png

I can't really complain about American national team designs. The Team USA soccer team kits since about 2003 are nice (though the crest could use some work). The Team USA baseball team has an awesome design.

6555.gif

Actually, I think you're going to see something like that this time around ...

Shield6ea34594-6a82-42c9-b2c5-339511c59d2a_jpg.jpg

After what's happened with the soccer and ice hockey teams not being allowed to use their federation wordmarks, I think you're going to see these on a lot more jerseys this time around.