Unpopular Opinions

These are the best Canada hockey sweaters:

PaulHendersonTeamCanada1972AuthenticJersey_big.jpg

TeamCanada1972CommemorativeReplicaJersey%28Home-Red%29_big.jpg

No they aren't. Those sweaters are so bad that they can't even be used in a game, unless every game is a clash,

Interesting. Considering they were exclusively worn against a team that also wore red and white, and no one seemed to have a problem telling the teams apart.

The posted picture turns out to be extremely misleading. Turns out the leaf is only on the front, and the proportions look way off. After seeing highlights of the Summit Series, it doesn't surprise me that these uniforms work. They did it right.

I still feel they suck, but for different reasons now.

I hate the 1990-2008 Red Sox road uniforms and everyone's inexplicable love affair with them.

image.jpg

070508_manny.jpg

There. There, I said it. They were nice in the 90s, but grew outdated by the time the update came around.

I think with the new road script in those colors and red placket piping, it would be great. OR a move that the Sox could make which would be surprising, but awesome is get a red crown, blue B, blue brimmed hat and wear it on the road with the current roadies with the blue script. I think that would look epic, but that's really for another thread, not here.

Concept time! Haha

spacer.png

Flames12.png

Add a diagonal stripe on the back and these set are near perfection.

I'm the opposite. Lose the diagonal stripe on the front and these are perfect. That front diagonal stripe is the only thing I dislike about this uniform set.

JasonSpezza.jpg

danielalfredsson.jpg

These are my favorite NHL jerseys that were rebranded in the Edge switch.

I don't know why, but the Senators' home and road uniforms went from eyesores to "hey, these are pretty cool" as soon as they switched from the Edge sock pattern to a more traditional sock pattern.

In fact I would say the Sens' home/road set works better then the Penguins' home/road set. Maybe it's the dullness of the Penguins' khaki, maybe the template just looks better in red and black. I'm not sure.

Flying Elvis > Classic Patriots logo

+1

Pat Patriot is a cool retro logo, but it's really dated. IMO the Flying Elvis is an ultra-modern timeless logo that looks great too. I just wish the Patriots would drop all silver for white, but otherwise I love the flying Elvis logo.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

I was kind of dragged kicking and screaming, but I agree. Pat had far too much detail. I don't love the flying Elvis logo, but it's decent.

However, my unpopular opinion is that the red 1980's Pats jersey (the one with the shoulder stripes) is a top-5 jersey in NFL history.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I was kind of dragged kicking and screaming, but I agree. Pat had far too much detail. I don't love the flying Elvis logo, but it's decent.

However, my unpopular opinion is that the red 1980's Pats jersey (the one with the shoulder stripes) is a top-5 jersey in NFL history.

Pat in his old form can't be brought back as a primary for a modern NFL team. It just can't. They definitely need to modernize it before bringing it back.

The 1980s-1992 jerseys with the shoulder stripes were fantastic.

spacer.png

the blues needs to bring these back as an alternate!

ca461eafe1968493.jpg

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Flames12.png

I'm the opposite. Lose the diagonal stripe on the front and these are perfect. That front diagonal stripe is the only thing I dislike about this uniform set.

To me, the diagonal stripe gives it a cache that no other uniform has or had in the NHL. It basically serves as an item upon which the flaming C is sitting upon.

Much better than the crap Calgary wears right now.

spacer.png

You know, if you had the thin staff lines in white and the bottom segment in yellow on that Blues sweater, it wouldn't have been bad for a '90s design. It would still look ridiculous and dated by about 2001, but at least it would keep yellow as the Blues' second color. Of course, I've always had a soft spot for red as a tertiary Blues color. Navy works too, but something about the red feels right to me.

Why did they add "St. Louis" to the blue note, anyway? Was this something they did to re-assert their commitment after the near-move to Saskatoon? I remember the Predators made sure to put N A S H V I L L E above their logo on one of their ugly new Edge sweaters after they had one foot out the door to Hamilton in 2007.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Flames12.png

To me, the diagonal stripe gives it a cache that no other uniform has or had in the NHL. It basically serves as an item upon which the flaming C is sitting upon.

Much better than the crap Calgary wears right now.

Definitly agree.

The only thing that wrecks it for me is the black on the end of the sleeve of the red jersey.

bjays.jpg

859b2e1d-225e-4e60-9651-2aebe5e67109_zps4fd9e69d.jpg

Active Teams

Winnipeg Blue Bombers (1-2, T-1st, East Div.)

Toronto Blue Jays (45-49, 5th in AL East Div. 8.5 GB of wildcard spot)