Unpopular Opinions

I actually like this jersey.

flyersalt.jpg

Funny you posted that, I was just about to post a pic of that very jersey in the 2012-13 NHL uniform changes thread defending it. I miss the days where teams got inventive with their third instead of just regurgitating from the past. This was a nice change of pace that didn't stray too far from the teams established look. The perfect Flyers set in my opinion would be this paired up with the 90's jerseys (The orange one, no black!)

imgdyncfm.jpg

The monochrome navy look the Patriots occasionally pulled out early last decade wasn't that bad.

They broke it up with silver helmets and white socks, so it flowed better.

I think the Bears also did mono-navy a couple times, though the Bears not wearing blue/white at home doesn't seem right at all.

I thought it was an appropriate change-up for the Bears.

driver.jpg

Unfortunately it'll be remembered, gleefully by Cheeseheads, for this image (Questionably NSFW):

1039582509_09eb7a8bd8_z.jpg

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

The Bears wore the horrible navy monchromes twice. Both times were primetime broadcasts against Green Bay. The first one they were pounded by a much better team and the second time they were pounded by a much worse team because they didn't care as they had already locked up the #1 seed. Either way, they were humiliated twice in that look, and for that I think it will thankfully stay in the past. Also, I don't think change-ups are needed in football when teams play 16-20 times a year.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I don't think change-ups are needed in football when teams play 16-20 times a year.

You're viewing each season in a vacuum. I'm referring to the entirety of the franchise's uniform history.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not a huge college basketball fan, but I casually follow the sport. My two favorite teams of all time were the 1990 UNLV Runnin' Rebels and the Michigan Fab Five. I liked Steve Fisher and thought he got royally screwed over in Michigan. When he went to SDSU, I started semi-following their program, and I'm happy to see them have success. That being said, their current uniforms are boring, ugly SOD templated garbage. I really wish they'd bring back the uniforms they wore in the 2002 tournament.

a_williams_i.jpg

Iconic, and unique.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

...and ugly. You left out ugly. Contrast is a good thing, kids.

Plus, those are the Avalanche's numbers, so not so unique.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I was watching the Hurricanes-Capitals game last night and it kinda brought back an unpopular opinion I have

080910Third+Jersey+Press+Conference_13_Gregg+Forwerck.jpg

This is my favorite Canes jersey. I know the flag's wrong (it's a Tropical Storm Warning and not a Hurricane) and I know the primary logo should be colored on the shoulders instead of black, but there's something about these that I love about them

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

I thought this uniform (and entire identity, for that matter) was terribly underrated:

John+Wall+Washington+Wizards+v+Charlotte+Bobcats+p45kT5K1lt3l.jpg

Especially considering how rough the new uniforms came out, I wish these were never dropped. Great, fitting color schemes (still looked good when bronze was eventually switched for gold), clean design, all a very sharp look in my humble opinion. There's a reason this identity outlasted most of the other 90's identity products (Minnesota's is another that comes to mind).

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I thought this uniform (and entire identity, for that matter) was terribly underrated:

John+Wall+Washington+Wizards+v+Charlotte+Bobcats+p45kT5K1lt3l.jpg

Especially considering how rough the new uniforms came out, I wish these were never dropped. Great, fitting color schemes (still looked good when bronze was eventually switched for gold), clean design, all a very sharp look in my humble opinion. There's a reason this identity outlasted most of the other 90's identity products (Minnesota's is another that comes to mind).

I agree about the color scheme. I think what killed it for me overall was the goofy looking word mark. I also preferred the bronze over the gold FWIW.

The red numbers trimmed with white look great on those black jerseys.

p10986031enh-z6.jpg

Looks better on the ice but you get the point.

I'd probably hate them on any other jersey for looking like NASCAR numbers, but for the Hurricanes, that makes them regionally appropriate. Beautiful sweater!

These were the best Oilers jerseys of all time.

6d400bfb52adaa32.jpg

I agree that navy and copper look better than their blue and orange, but the red really threw it off.

I don't know why a lot of teams in the 90s felt the need to add red.

Not to mention that the Edge redesign royally FUBAR'd this entire design.

spacer.png

These were the best Oilers jerseys of all time.

6d400bfb52adaa32.jpg

I agree that navy and copper look better than their blue and orange, but the red really threw it off.

I don't know why a lot of teams in the 90s felt the need to add red.

Not to mention that the Edge redesign royally FUBAR'd this entire design.

Yeah. Reebok really :censored:ed the Oilers. They made a decent, cool uniform look like complete trash. The worst thing is that the Red Deer Rebels currently wear the exact same template.

Ryan-Nugent-Hopkins-Photo-LeafsChik1967-Flickr.jpg

Yes, that is Ryan Nugent-Hopkins.