Unpopular Opinions

I think Kentucky has one of the nicer uniforms in college football. The changes I would make is switch the black with grey (Replace Black with Grey uniforms) and remove the racing stripes from the shoulders. I would put them into Louisville's uniforms as Louisville is the Derby City. If they followed these changes, they would look amazing. And thats coming from a Louisville fan.

6_163886.jpg

I liked those uniforms, but it bothers me that Kentucky has jumped so far into the checkerboard pattern considering most people associate that with their rivals in Tennessee. But it still looks pretty good to me (ignoring the godawful black uniforms.)

• 2 weeks later...

I liked those Packers uniforms too. So 80's, yet so awesome.

Madden13 or Madden14 needs to have a Teambuilder so we can create throwback looks and teams that aren't in the game.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I don't think powder blue and gold go well together at all, even when accented with other colors. Hence my disdain for these looks:

nfl_u_siler_300.jpg

(and aside from the colors - gosh, that unnecessary powder background on the pants stripe! Terrible, annoying mismatch with the bolt against white on the rest of the uniform. Poorly designed.)

Denver+Nuggets+v+Charlotte+Bobcats+1ZXGLLEgY-ol.jpg

My opinion on powder blue is that it works much better with darker colors like navy, hunter green (though it looks good at times with kelly green), deep purple, burgundy, crimson, etc. When paired with lighter colors (excluding white, as it's neutral), the combo just looks faded out. And yes, I know both sets are accented with a darker color, but the accent isn't enough. The darker color needs a more bolder use for it to work for me.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

• 1 month later...

My opinion on these wavered over the years, I'll admit, but in a "don't know what's there 'till it's gone" epiphany...

I think these were some of the neatest uniforms in the NHL.

Blake+Wheeler+Ottawa+Senators+v+Atlanta+Thrashers+hTnXlcwhXDGl.jpg

I think if Atlanta were to have made a white roadie in that design to match and/or emphasized powder a little more, it'd have been a much more solid identity.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

The addition of burnt orange to the San Jose Sharks colour scheme is a vast upgrade.

Agreed. The current Home is the best jersey in Sharks history. Just remove the front numbers

absolutely not...the original black/teal/silver was perfect and should have never changed

My opinion on these wavered over the years, I'll admit, but in a "don't know what's there 'till it's gone" epiphany...

I think these were some of the neatest uniforms in the NHL.%7Boption%7D

I think if Atlanta were to have made a white roadie in that design to match and/or emphasized powder a little more, it'd have been a much more solid identity.

The side panels ruined it for me. The pre-edge version was far superior

The addition of burnt orange to the San Jose Sharks colour scheme is a vast upgrade.

Agreed. The current Home is the best jersey in Sharks history. Just remove the front numbers

absolutely not...the original black/teal/silver was perfect and should have never changed

I liked them with the silver and now I like them with the orange.

Too, me its pretty simple... every teal Sharks sweater has been great,every black Sharks sweater has sucked.

I think these were some of the neatest uniforms in the NHL.%7Boption%7D

The side panels ruined it for me. The pre-edge version was far superior

Ah see, the side panels are what helped make them for me. The way I see it, side panels aren't always necessary -case in point, Colorado, who already has vertical panels on both arms. But for Atlanta whereas the arms were asymmetrical, the side panels, to me, helped to add flow to the uniform and made up for the asymmetrical arms. If they weren't there, the navy arm would just look too random as it wouldn't be vertically complimented.

The pre-edge version was great too, but my one problem with it was the hem stripe. The talon marks worked on the other jerseys because that same pattern adorned the collar which led to a balance, but without that same pattern anywhere else on the powders, it just looked random and slapped on. And the hem stripe being horizontal didn't help the uniform flow with the asymmetrical arms. Kinda looked unbalanced in that regard. I just think if your'e going to try what Atlanta did, your compliments (not sure if that's the right term) need to be vertical for it to work.

Different strokes, right? :)

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

Atlanta would have one of the best uniform sets in basketball with a couple tweaks:

BayjP.pngwMq1d.png

I don't mind the Hawks' red-white-blue color scheme as much as other people do. I guess that's an unpopular opinion.

spacer.png

I think these were some of the neatest uniforms in the NHL.

Blake+Wheeler+Ottawa+Senators+v+Atlanta+Thrashers+hTnXlcwhXDGl.jpg

Oh, no. No no no no no. The one-armed monsters were flying-V bad.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The pre-Edge version of that jersey was way better.

That's not exactly a high compliment.

The original Thrasher jerseys with the "wing sleeves" were fantastic.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I guess the unpopularity of my opinion has been verified! Haha :D

I will agree with you on the wing-sleeved originals though, Mockba. Those were really great.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

Ah see, the side panels are what helped make them for me. The way I see it, side panels aren't always necessary -case in point, Colorado, who already has vertical panels on both arms. But for Atlanta whereas the arms were asymmetrical, the side panels, to me, helped to add flow to the uniform and made up for the asymmetrical arms. If they weren't there, the navy arm would just look too random as it wouldn't be vertically complimented. The pre-edge version was great too, but my one problem with it was the hem stripe. The talon marks worked on the other jerseys because that same pattern adorned the collar which led to a balance, but without that same pattern anywhere else on the powders, it just looked random and slapped on. And the hem stripe being horizontal didn't help the uniform flow with the asymmetrical arms. Kinda looked unbalanced in that regard. I just think if your'e going to try what Atlanta did, your compliments (not sure if that's the right term) need to be vertical for it to work.

Different strokes, right? :)

Definitely different strokes. I think the Pre-edge flows much better.

The side panels on the Edge version would often blur into the sleeve creating a jarring blob of navy. The hem stripe on the other hand grounded the design and gave it consistency with the rest of the set.

I remember thinking the original powder blue third was pretty neat. Then the team thought it was too neat and let their whole identity spiral out of control, Minnesota Wild-style. I liked their original road sweater, but hated the crest.

Also, wow, those blue stanchions were really ugly. I think Raleigh still has red ones. Why would any place do that?

Lights Out: are those Hawks uniforms intended to be black or midnight blue?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫