Unpopular Opinions

The LA Lakers white unis are cool. Every non-Lakers yellow uni in the NBA is lame.

The Lakers need to wear the white uniforms full-time at home. They have one of the best-looking white uniforms in the league.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The LA Lakers white unis are cool. Every non-Lakers yellow uni in the NBA is lame.

Hmm. I actually like the Hornets' yellow jersey. I just think it makes sense for them to have a yellow jersey, both from a "hornet" standpoint and a Mardi Gras standpoint. It's just a really festive jersey and I like it.

The Pacers yellow jersey seems kind of just like "well, yellow is our other color, let's make a yellow jersey." But I still like that one too.

Basically, for the most part, I like it when teams embrace underused colors. But if other teams started trying to force yellow jerseys just because yellow is in their identity (like the Grizz, Heat, Jazz, or Nugs) I wouldn't like it so much.

I'd be all for GS getting a yellow jersey (for somewhat obvious reasons) and I'd actually be fine with the Thunder or Cavs getting one too. The Thunder identity is so underdeveloped that a yellow jersey that pops might actually solve their problems. They are allowed to be a little more experimental because they, well, sort of need to. The Cavs set could also use some pop. They seemed to have turned away from the navy so why not go with a yellow alternate of some type.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

I remember thinking the original powder blue third was pretty neat. Then the team thought it was too neat and let their whole identity spiral out of control, Minnesota Wild-style. I liked their original road sweater, but hated the crest.

Also, wow, those blue stanchions were really ugly. I think Raleigh still has red ones. Why would any place do that?

Lights Out: are those Hawks uniforms intended to be black or midnight blue?

Tampa also has blue stanchions. I think they look pretty cool.

The Lakers need to wear the white uniforms full-time at home. They have one of the best-looking white uniforms in the league.

If the golds weren't already so ingrained with history and looking good, I would agree. The Laker whites are some fantastic uniforms.

As are those original Coyotes jerseys, but I've already said that on a few occasions. Can't agree at all with the Thrasher's powder blue's, pre-EDGE or post-EDGE. The asymmetrical design was brutally garish from the moment I first saw them.

Lights Out: are those Hawks uniforms intended to be black or midnight blue?

The pic on the left looks like black, while the pic on the right still looks like navy.

Given the appearance of yellow, I would guess that it's supposed to be black. I thought the Hawks used to have an outstanding color scheme with those three as well, and they would look better with black than navy in their present sets. Red-navy-white just doesn't cut it for me anymore, given how widespread it is (and yes, I'm aware red-black is also very common, but it's not used as much, and personally, that's my favorite color combination).

spacer.png

If the golds weren't already so ingrained with history and looking good, I would agree. The Laker whites are some fantastic uniforms.

It's probably due to the fact that I seem to only ever catch the Lakers playing on a Sunday, but I'm sorta tired of the white jerseys. At this point, I tend to think of their gold jerseys as the "alternate" now, given how rarely I see them wearing em on TV haha.

august_008e2.jpg

coyotes_display_image.jpg?1275632455

This is unpopular? I loved this look.

I hate the alternate. But, for the regular home and away, they are fine. It's the logo that is what makes the look bad. If the logo was something similar to their current logo or even their current alt logo, I think that jersey would have been more accepted.

The "Picasso" logo was the best part. I could have done without the green shoulders (plain shoulders would work just fine since the rest is a bit busy), and they needed a better name/number font. But that trim pattern was fantastic.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Unpopular opinion:

Not only do I prefer the old script, number font, and colors of the Atlanta Hawks, but this is my favorite jersey they have worn in my lifetime. Prepared to be judged...

jersey_hawks_yellow.jpg

Well, I wouldn't say preferring the old script, number font, and colors of the Hawks is an unpopular opinion. I agree with you on that. I would wager that most members here (and probably in the world) agree with you on that.

As for the yellow jersey, I thought it was a really nice jersey, too. I think saying it's the best jersey they have ever worn might be a stretch. Granted I did not see them play much before 1995, but my favorite jersey for them was probably the red jerseys they wore during the same time era as those yellow ones. Classic, simple, and not garish, but that great font and the yellow trim gave the jersey some pop.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

I hate the Nuggets navy blue alternates that they wore on the road in the Lakers series. One of the worst uniforms in the league IMO and a huge downgrade from their regular powder blue roads.

I don't know if that's an unpopular idea. Those unis are terrible. Also, the home and roads are so much worse the past few years since they thickened the navy and added it to the stripes.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Has anyone ever done a concept of the current Hawks' logos with red, yellow, and black coloring? I think it would look sharp.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage