Unpopular Opinions

The Orioles' white-paneled cap is inferior to the single-color cap with the cartoon bird on it, and serves as an example for why the white-panel trend should have stayed in the past.

Didn't realize that was an unpopular opinion, but I totally agree.

Stirrups aren't that awesome.

Agreed so much. I cringe every time I read a UniWatch article and Lukas starts squealing like a little girl about some randomass minor league team wearing stirrups.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I think the Kings looked better when they had Laker colors, rather than the Raider colors they have now.

Kings best look

Kings29.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Agreed 8000%. When they went from stirrups to solid socks/long pants, I didn't shed a tear.

I emphatically agree. They serve absolutely no purpose and they look silly. They're a relic from the past and once we figured out how not to use poisonous dyes, stirrups should've been discontinued forever. They looked especially dumb in the 70's and 80's when they kept getting taller and taller and all you'd see was a skinny stripe of color on otherwise white socks.

Here's another unpopular opinion: I hate the knickered baseball pants look. Wear your pants to your shoes like an adult male. I don't like the dumb baggy pants look either, but this

bronson-arroyo-mets-rumors.jpg

looks better than this

leake.png

PvO6ZWJ.png

I think the caps of the Mets, Royals, and Rangers (for example) are all ruined by the button that doesn't match the bill:

pMLB2-5697648dt.jpgpMLB2-12770776dt.jpg

pMLB2-3537877dt.jpg

IMO, under no circumstances should a button not match the bill. If the bill is a different colour than the crown but the button matches the corwn, I don't really mind that much. But I absolutely abhor when the bill matches the crown, but the button is a different colour than the crown, which seems to be an unpopular opinion. I know some people will give it a pass because the colour of the button matches the cap logo, but I disagree (at least we have common ground on the Phillies, though).

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I think the Kings looked better when they had Laker colors, rather than the Raider colors they have now.

Kings best look

Kings29.png

You know, the Kings are a tough case for me personally. I think each identity they have had is no better or worse than the other. They looked great in purple and gold. The looked/look great in black and silver. They looked great in purple and black.

I guess they're one of those select few teams that "got it right" every time.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Agreed 8000%. When they went from stirrups to solid socks/long pants, I didn't shed a tear.

No offense to jake22, but thirded.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Here's another unpopular opinion: I hate the knickered baseball pants look. Wear your pants to your shoes like an adult male. I don't like the dumb baggy pants look either, but this

I don't know that your opinion is so unpopular these days, except maybe on here. Of course, I can't agree with you, because...

leake.png

:wub:

It's about color balance, I think. I find that more aesthetically interesting than the white pants all the way down.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Right. The socks match the undershirt, or if not in color (the Red Sox looked best with navy undershirts and red socks), at least in the idea of having supplemental color beyond where the white/grey terminates. I didn't word that very well but hey.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Yep. The high socks add color to the uniform and personally, despite me being younger than most here, high socks/stirrups is just baseball to me. Probably has to do with the fact that I'm an avid baseball historian and love the Golden Age of baseball, but hey.

This could probably fall under an unpopular opinion: the view of what a baseball uniform is today by people my age kind of bugs me, come to think of it. I remember my junior year of high school (about three years ago), when I played varsity ball, my coach made it mandatory for every player to wear the full-legged pajama style. There wasn't too much opposition, but it sure bugged the crap out of me, especially being someone who wore high socks from little league and up. I preferred everything old-school - heck, I refused to even wear batting gloves. Then we had the chance to vote on an alternate uniform, and had the option of 70's throwback (pullover and all!), or basically our home whites but in our secondary color. I was the lone vote for the throwback and the lazy recolor won because "throwbacks look ridiculous". Ugh...from a uniform-junkie standpoint, I hate my generation! :P

P.S: As if my uniform experience didn't grind my gears enough, my team got a new coach the very year after I graduated who made high socks mandatory and introduced new throwback-inspired uniforms. Missed it by that much.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I emphatically agree. They serve absolutely no purpose and they look silly. They're a relic from the past and once we figured out how not to use poisonous dyes, stirrups should've been discontinued forever. They looked especially dumb in the 70's and 80's when they kept getting taller and taller and all you'd see was a skinny stripe of color on otherwise white socks.

bronson-arroyo-mets-rumors.jpg

looks better than this

leake.png

Agreed. Also, I found playing in longer pants to be more comfortable.

Also, I found playing in longer pants to be more comfortable.

I definitely feel the opposite. I wear pants for softball (yeah, yeah, it's overkill... but our fields are also a bit rough) and I definitely feel more comfortable with the cuffs up. I bought a pair last year that doesn't have elastic in the cuffs--I couldn't find what I wanted with the elastic--and they're always drooping on me. Meh.

Oh, and I like to show off our custom stirrups. Even guys who wear shorts like wearing them.

7238524654_1474079c45_z.jpg

7238522332_dfa1e4fced_z.jpg

(Yeah, the fat guy is me. Run, fatboy, run!)

POTD 2013-08-22

In "competitive" softball leagues, pants are pretty much a requirement, due to the enforcement of sliding rules and the need to slide. In rec or co-ed leagues, I find that it doesn't really matter since people don't always go all-out and slide unless it's 100% necessary.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Kings best look

Kings29.png

The home and away are definitely the best jerseys in Kings history, though the logo seems like a product of it's time. I could also do without the script on the hemline. The collar on the third however completely ruins that jersey

In "competitive" softball leagues, pants are pretty much a requirement, due to the enforcement of sliding rules and the need to slide. In rec or co-ed leagues, I find that it doesn't really matter since people don't always go all-out and slide unless it's 100% necessary.

I don't slide much (and it's hilarious when I do), but there have been times in the past I've tripped or other such shenanigans and have gotten cut up a bit on what passes for dirt on our infields. Even with the pants it's still possible; yesterday, the third baseman on one of the teams we played ripped the knee of his tracksuit pants (or whatever they're called) trying to play a grounder.

POTD 2013-08-22