Unpopular Opinions

The Ball in Glove sucks and the Brewers' current uniforms suck. Nothing tops these classics:

72391034.jpg.18478.0_display_image.jpg

72499595_display_image.jpg

IMG_4326.jpg

In a vacuum, this set is the best that's ever been worn by a baseball team from Milwaukee... it's too bad they had to coincide with the absolute worst years of the Brewers franchise. In fact, I think so many fans had stopped watching the Brewers by the time they tweaked the "Germanic" look that only the most die-hard fans (and casual logo nerds) even remember them.

These were better than the Flyers' current road sweater:

98544146_crop_650x440.jpg

An orange version would have looked great for a full-time home.

Agreed.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Agreed.

I'd agree, if that template had a hem stripe pattern. As it was, it was to top heavy.

Agreed.

I'd agree, if that template wasn't an Edge monstrosity begging to be fill-tooled. As it was, it was one of the best examples of a RBK Edge disaster.

FTFY

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I like the color brown and have no idea why it isn't used more in sports, or why so many people on these forums hate it so much. I would like someone to give me a reason why he/she hates brown so much without using the word "poo" or any variation of that word.

I like the color brown and have no idea why it isn't used more in sports, or why so many people on these forums hate it so much. I would like someone to give me a reason why he/she hates brown so much without using the word "poo" or any variation of that word.

Funny that you should mention brown since Uni Watch did a post about that yesterday. It seems that the issue that people have with brown as a sports color is that there are so few colors it goes well with. You're pretty much restricted to pairing it with variations of yellow and orange. Anything else just clashes with it too much.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Funny that you should mention brown since Uni Watch did a post about that yesterday. It seems that the issue that people have with brown as a sports color is that there are so few colors it goes well with. You're pretty much restricted to pairing it with variations of yellow and orange. Anything else just clashes with it too much.

I'm with Big Red on this one. I love Brown. The Brown/Orange Padres of the late '80s was a beautiful look. I also like it with a little light blue trim (I think this is the official color scheme of Tufts University, but their bookstore online pretty much does not even sell the color scheme...I was thinking of buying a t shirt).

It's try that Brown may not go with a lot of colors, but there should be room for at least one brown team per league. Browns, Padres, and one NBA/NHL.

I think the bottom line is that individual teams want to sell merchandise. Black, blue, and red are generally what people like. Teams make the smart choice, but it makes the leagues a bit homogenous.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Oh, I have no problem with teams using brown. When it's used right, it looks good and teams should use it more. The only problem is that options are so limited. I would love it if the Bruins wore their yellow/brown uniforms again and I know there are a lot of Padres fans who wish they'd bring back the brown/yellow uniforms.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

This is a great logo:

bengalsprimary.gif

Agreed. Never really got why the majority of CCSLCers seem to hate this logo. It's not as good as the leaping Bengal, but it's not a bad logo by any means.

For one, the font is terrible. It's horribly unncessary when the tiger logo is better (although still not good). Worst of all, they use a B instead of C. C would represent Cincinnati and the stripes would represent the team name, so it would be passable. A striped B is saying "GET IT?! B FOR BENGALS AND IT'S GOT STRIPES CUZ TIGERS HAVE STRIPES!"

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The problem with the logo is that the tiger head is just so much better. That logo is my favorite in football. And the whole B v. C thing is very valid. C would be a much better mark to represent the team.

That's what the NFL lacks...cat head logos.

Try this again:

The problem with the logo is that the tiger head leaping tiger is just so much better. That logo is my favorite in football. And the whole B v. C thing is very valid. C would be a much better mark to represent the team.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I'm with Big Red on this one. I love Brown. The Brown/Orange Padres of the late '80s was a beautiful look. I also like it with a little light blue trim (I think this is the official color scheme of Tufts University, but their bookstore online pretty much does not even sell the color scheme...I was thinking of buying a t shirt).

It's try that Brown may not go with a lot of colors, but there should be room for at least one brown team per league. Browns, Padres, and one NBA/NHL.

I think the bottom line is that individual teams want to sell merchandise. Black, blue, and red are generally what people like. Teams make the smart choice, but it makes the leagues a bit homogenous.

+1 Tufts identity is one of the most underrated in college sports.

I always thought brown and kelly green wouldn't look half-bad together. I don't think it's that there's not much to go with brown, I think it's that most people don't know how to make it work.