Unpopular Opinions

I've seen a lot of love for the Devils' retro uniforms they wear around St. Patrick's Day and the desire for them to be alternates. I don't really like them enough for them to be full time alts, and quite frankly I'd rather see the Devils with a black alternate full time. It'll never happen on Lou's watch, but if a team could pull off a black alternate well and without anyone crying BFBS, it's the Devils

The Devils current set is already the very definition of BFBS. They tossed out a unique colour scheme, that perfectly represented the area, and replaced it with something bland and safe. If they hadn't won 3 cups, I'd be a huge proponent for Green coming back full time.

While I prefer the red and green look, I can't say I dislike the red and black look. It may not be as unique and geographically fitting, but it does fit the name better then the green. Also, I love the squared off shoulder yokes and number font introduced with the black.

Either way, the Devils have always looked good.

I've seen a lot of love for the Devils' retro uniforms they wear around St. Patrick's Day and the desire for them to be alternates. I don't really like them enough for them to be full time alts, and quite frankly I'd rather see the Devils with a black alternate full time. It'll never happen on Lou's watch, but if a team could pull off a black alternate well and without anyone crying BFBS, it's the Devils

The Devils current set is already the very definition of BFBS. They tossed out a unique colour scheme, that perfectly represented the area, and replaced it with something bland and safe. If they hadn't won 3 cups, I'd be a huge proponent for Green coming back full time.

I disagree. Black and red are your absolute typical "devil" colours. Don't get me wrong - I liked the green and red, but this wasn't a case of BFBS.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I disagree. Black and red are your absolute typical "devil" colours. Don't get me wrong - I liked the green and red, but this wasn't a case of BFBS.

I tend to agree that this was not BFBS, but I also agree with Morgo's statement that "They tossed out a unique colour scheme, ..., and replaced it with something bland and safe." Red and black may be more "devil", but the red and green was great and we'll never get that scheme again...not like that where there are no silvers, blacks, grays, etc. New Jersey had its "simple" that it has now AND "unique". Now it just has "boring". I know black and red make sense, but boy were those old uniforms sharp...

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

This is my all time favorite baseball uniform...

davekingman.jpg

That uniform has been criticized by others, but I liked what they did with the pinstripes.

It's just something that I haven't seen anyone else do. It's nice to see pinstripes on something that isn't white.

I think pinstripes on colored uniforms can look great. The navy with white pinstripes throwback the ChiSox wore a year or two ago was one my favorite baseball sets ever.

1985 1989 1991 1992 1993

Time to raise a banner in my lifetime boys!

I love these.

JeVFr.jpg

I need to ask why... if for no other reason than I doubt I'll ever know of another person who does.

Royal > Navy

In most cases, in my opinion, and certainly in that case. Then again, I loathe navy blue, so I could definitely be wrong.

Not sure that's all that unpopular of an opinion around here. If anything, there's a consensus that pretty much every team that traditionally wore royal looked worse after switching to navy.

Yeah but aren't the Devils named after the legendary mythical creature the Jersey Devil who supposedly lives in the Pine Barrens. Green makes sense because it represents the highly forested area in which the New Jersey Devil lives.

Woah! You think I'm Cody? My name is Carl Scott Simone and we just happen to share a birthday. BIG DEAL.

Royal > Navy

In most cases, in my opinion, and certainly in that case. Then again, I loathe navy blue, so I could definitely be wrong.

Not sure that's all that unpopular of an opinion around here. If anything, there's a consensus that pretty much every team that traditionally wore royal looked worse after switching to navy.

Was actually a response to the previous commenter about the Pats 93-99 duds looking better if it were in navy, instead of royal, but I took the lazy "quick reply" route. Sorry if that confused anyone.

spacer.png

I love these.

JeVFr.jpg

I need to ask why... if for no other reason than I doubt I'll ever know of another person who does.

One is I think that's the best design they had regardless of colors, and two is that I love the purple and green design. If they had a green alt it would have been perfect. Actually I prefer the white lettering (which interestingly didn't have a side-stripe on the jersey).

XhVqK.jpg

EDIT: A green alt without the gradient logo. :P

Here's an unpopular opinion: I like most uniforms. I'd say 85%. I am here on this forum because I am definitely really interested in them, I love the little details of sports uniforms and logos and I am very observant to them while watching a game. But when I read things like UniWatch or some threads here with people having an aneurysm over the latest Nike Pro Combat offerings, etc, it kind of surprises me. I really am rarely offended by a uniform. In fact I can't even the last uniform that I REALLY hated. The latest thing I can think of that bothers me is how big the Miami Marlins' logo is on their hats.

16215.jpg

2503.jpg

5113.gif

787x.jpg

WVU '14