Unpopular Opinions

I don't want to quote a huge pic but I really like that Patriots uniform. If you replaced the royal blue with navy and used the current font I think it would be a winner.

I dislike the Navy. The Patriots should be RED, WHITE and BLUE, not burgundy, white and navy. I can see not liking the italics/drop shadow numbers.

1004.gif

This doesn't look bad.

I don't want to quote a huge pic but I really like that Patriots uniform. If you replaced the royal blue with navy and used the current font I think it would be a winner.

I dislike the Navy. The Patriots should be RED, WHITE and BLUE, not burgundy, white and navy. I can see not liking the italics/drop shadow numbers.

1004.gif

This doesn't look bad.

If it's a stroke, it looks good. As a drop shadow, not so much.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

...except, of course, that the official blue in the US flag is what we would generally call "navy".[citation]

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I dislike the Los Angeles Kings' purple and gold colour scheme. Lakers comparisons aside (which, lets be honest, is hard to do), I just never really liked the way it looked on a hockey team. Maybe if they used a simplified, more iconic looking crown it would have clicked with me, but not as it was. My favourite version of the purple and gold would be the 1980-88 set. Even then I think it falls short to the Gretzky era black and silver, and the current black and silver look (even if the current logo leaves a lot to be desired).

Here's an unpopular opinion: I like most uniforms. I'd say 85%. I am here on this forum because I am definitely really interested in them, I love the little details of sports uniforms and logos and I am very observant to them while watching a game. But when I read things like UniWatch or some threads here with people having an aneurysm over the latest Nike Pro Combat offerings, etc, it kind of surprises me. I really am rarely offended by a uniform. In fact I can't even the last uniform that I REALLY hated. The latest thing I can think of that bothers me is how big the Miami Marlins' logo is on their hats.

that's kind of how I am. I'm surprised at some of the things people don't like. Sometimes I agree with the popular pet peeves like "Double Blue NHL Jersey with Circle logo" and junk like that but other than that I'm game for most anything

I dislike the Los Angeles Kings' purple and gold colour scheme. Lakers comparisons aside (which, lets be honest, is hard to do), I just never really liked the way it looked on a hockey team. Maybe if they used a simplified, more iconic looking crown it would have clicked with me, but not as it was. My favourite version of the purple and gold would be the 1980-88 set. Even then I think it falls short to the Gretzky era black and silver, and the current black and silver look (even if the current logo leaves a lot to be desired).

Agreed. The biggest mark against the Kings Purple and Gold look is that awful crown logo. Besides being waaay too detailed, it looks like it belongs on a Queen.

The current NYR alt does absolutely nothing for me.

Seconded. Bring back Lady Liberty

Royal > Navy

In most cases, in my opinion, and certainly in that case. Then again, I loathe navy blue, so I could definitely be wrong.

Teams have stopped overusing black, but navy is the closest you can get to black without using black.

I love these.

JeVFr.jpg

I need to ask why... if for no other reason than I doubt I'll ever know of another person who does.

One is I think that's the best design they had regardless of colors, and two is that I love the purple and green design. If they had a green alt it would have been perfect. Actually I prefer the white lettering (which interestingly didn't have a side-stripe on the jersey).

XhVqK.jpg

EDIT: A green alt without the gradient logo. tongue.gif

I'll admit, these would've looked a whole lot better had they been green with purple trim instead of the way they were in real life. That was the reason why I preferred the garish, gradiented, deer-in-headlights alt over everything else from this era.

I can't stand the Detroit Lions number font.

Yeah, i can understand that. The breaks into the solid part go to far. If they were like the Bengals or Bears numbers, it'd look good.

I don't think thats such an unpopular opinion though. I would actually post the opposite, because I LOVE THEM, in this thread.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

It may not be super unpopular, but I really like this look for the Astros.

nd23py.png

That's easily the best look in the set for them. No pinstripes, brick script, brick caps. Exactly the way it should be.

I mean I really like them. I'll miss them after the rebrand. Other then maybe the shooting star uniform, this is about the best they've looked IMO. I wouldn't mind them keeping it.

I like the use of colored jerseys in MLB, yet hate matchups that are color vs color. Guess years of watching pro sports won't allow me to except color vs color matchups at the pro level (except for Lakers home games). Somebody has to wear white (or in the case of MLB gray).

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Atlanta-Hawks-04.jpg

Greatest Hawks uniform of all time. I don't understand why anyone would want to bring back the McDonalds color scheme or the outdated Dominique era jerseys (Face it the tilted numbers/team name sucks.

Then I told that teacher lady the only three letters I need to know are U, S, and A.

Greatest Hawks uniform of all time. I don't understand why anyone would want to bring back the McDonalds color scheme or the outdated Dominique era jerseys (Face it the tilted numbers/team name sucks.

People want to bring it back because 1) It was currently unique in the NBA, and 2) It's what the Hawks had historically worn. Teams shouldn't just change their colors for the hell of it after wearing them for the past 30-40 years. Also, they went to the most overdone color combos in pro sports. Oh, and colors aside, everything about the current uniforms and logos is really bad.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

People want to bring it back because 1) It was currently unique in the NBA, and 2) It's what the Hawks had historically worn. Teams shouldn't just change their colors for the hell of it after wearing them for the past 30-40 years. Also, they went to the most overdone color combos in pro sports. Oh, and colors aside, everything about the current uniforms and logos is really bad.

I respectfully disagree with their identity being really bad. Also unique doesn't necessarily mean good in my eyes. They might as well have had the bench eating big macs the whole game for promotion.

Then I told that teacher lady the only three letters I need to know are U, S, and A.

Atlanta-Hawks-04.jpg

I agree that I don't like the McDonald's color scheme, but I think those Hawks unis are still not as good as these ones:

HWK_Classic_Pettit_9.jpg