Unpopular Opinions

The Blue is so much better than the Orange

Tebow_Orange-500x332.jpg

Rams-Broncos-photos_005.jpg

I'm going to agree with this. On their retro set, the orange jerseys with the royal blue helmets mix well together. On the current set, the orange stripes/white numbers pop beautifully on the navy blue jersey. That's not the case at all when it comes to the alternate.

IMO this would be a perfect look for the Hawks--concept by me, video game rendering by lord knows who.

atl-3.png

Atlhome.png

atlalt.png

Where are all the fans?

Then I told that teacher lady the only three letters I need to know are U, S, and A.

Atlanta-Hawks-04.jpg

Greatest Hawks uniform of all time. I don't understand why anyone would want to bring back the McDonalds color scheme or the outdated Dominique era jerseys (Face it the tilted numbers/team name sucks.

Love the design, hate the bland, cliche color scheme. Those uniforms would look sharp in red, black, and yellow.

JGnSv.png

That looks fantastic.

Make the black the alt, with Atlanta on the reds, the aforementioned red trimmed in yellow numbers on the homes, and you'd have the next best thing to what they're wearing now. (except go back to the initial collar design)

Here's one:

I like the new SF Giants roads over the old roads. I mean, they could use more consistency with the placket piping, but there's something about placket piping that feels so right.

*Actually, I retract that. I like the simple thin piping as well. Would look cluttered with orange/black/orange piping on both the sleeves and placket.

spacer.png

This is the best the Cavs have ever looked.

Baron+Davis+Miami+Heat+v+Cleveland+Cavaliers+oxZAKWSL749l.jpg

Too bad these are destined for the same fate as the late 90s Bengals and the Brewers Germanics... great looks sullied by coinciding with their franchises' nadir.

cavaliers_2003now_240.jpg

LebronFT2.jpg

lebron-james-300x297.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

LebronFT2.jpg

lebron-james-300x297.jpg

That's not an unpopular opinion, a ton of people still love that past look.

I know. I was just weighing in on the above Cavs debate.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

LebronFT2.jpg

lebron-james-300x297.jpg

That was it right there. Maybe they could've had the trim from the blue alternate on the home and away. Either way, they blew it by switching to something less awesome looking. I mean the current set is cool in a way, but not as cool as the LeBron set.

bSLCtu2.png

I think the best the Cavs have ever looked was the Lebron era uniforms, but I'm a big fan of the current uniforms too. All they need is a gold alt that they wear at home.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I think the best the Cavs have ever looked was the Lebron era uniforms, but I'm a big fan of the current uniforms too. All they need is a gold alt that they wear at home.

I think this may be unpopular, but I LOVE the current look, particularly the lack of white on the road jersey. A gold alt would probably look good, too.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I think this may be unpopular, but I LOVE the current look, particularly the lack of white on the road jersey. A gold alt would probably look good, too.

I wish the letters and numbers had an outline (at least at home, which needs a bit more gold) but other than that it's a fantastic look for the Cavs. And I agree, a gold alternate would look awesome.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

I bet they wanted a gold home Jersey but weren't allowed to. May have even seen that in an article. If they had a gild home Jersey it would be my favorite look in their history. I actually love the lack of an outline on these which is unusual for me.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Baron+Davis+Miami+Heat+v+Cleveland+Cavaliers+oxZAKWSL749l.jpg

Too bad these are destined for the same fate as the late 90s Bengals and the Brewers Germanics... great looks sullied by coinciding with their franchises' nadir.

While I won't go as far as saying that these are the best Cavs unis ever, I like them better than the LeBron-era jerseys. The thing about the LeBron-era jerseys is that, while Wine/Metallic Gold was a good combo, it came across as dull. Then Navy began to encroach on the look more and more, and those Navy alternates, while from a design standpoint were quite cool, eventually were being worn much more than the regular Wines. Literally half of the league was wearing some sort of Blue*--why did the Cavs need to wonder that way, too?

The Navy alts further washed out and dulled the Cavs' set. Now, the Athletic Gold pops more from the Wine, is truer to the franchise's original look while being different, and stands out from the rest of the league with no Navy on the uniforms. I'd like to see if some White could be added to the roads like Gold is on the homes, but they're fine as they are.

Also, agreed on the parallel to the Brewers and Bengals...these will likely go someday for that very reason.

*If anything, things have gotten more Blue across the league with Oklahoma City's Light Blue replacing Seattle's Green and Gold, even though the LeBron-era uniforms were worn a couple of years after the move. Also add Charlotte's shift away from Orange.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Not sure how unpopular this is, but these unis are perfect. IMO these were the best unis in the NBA in the early '00s.

8mfrnxqv1wj9ihe7rnoyjj0a9.gif

qrfg0gpnddxqxefu7f63oj6m2.gif

tiothw2iql1x907gc1jyqhpjy.gif

They were so close to being perfect. For starters, once that black uniform was introduced they wore it all the time. It felt like they never wore the far superior blue uniforms. Two, I would've made the wolf head bigger on the shorts, and I would've had the tree trim on both legs of the shorts. Three, there wasn't enough blue on the white uniform.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Not sure how unpopular this is, but these unis are perfect. IMO these were the best unis in the NBA in the early '00s.

8mfrnxqv1wj9ihe7rnoyjj0a9.gif

qrfg0gpnddxqxefu7f63oj6m2.gif

tiothw2iql1x907gc1jyqhpjy.gif

If they'd have replaced the cartoonish wordmark and numbers with something more a little more simple, they'd be able to keep these forever.