Unpopular Opinions

The helmet logo and lack of a white jersey are the only bad parts of the Blue Bombers new look.

alexbrink_2379-430x298.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Could the numbers from this era look any cheaper? The Champion number font has to be one of the worst ever.

Segueing nicely into an unpopular opinion of mine: I like the Champion number font. It's legible and classic without looking too "blocky".

I love it, too. Should all teams use it? No. Did it look cheap when they made Emmitt Smith replica jerseys in that font? Absolutely. That doesn't mean it's not great for some teams. To me, a kid growing up in the '90s, that font IS the Buffalo Bills. Their jerseys really lost something with Logo Athletic took over and gave them standard block. I wished the new Bills jerseys used that font.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Could the numbers from this era look any cheaper? The Champion number font has to be one of the worst ever.

Segueing nicely into an unpopular opinion of mine: I like the Champion number font. It's legible and classic without looking too "blocky".

I love it, too. Should all teams use it? No. Did it look cheap when they made Emmitt Smith replica jerseys in that font? Absolutely. That doesn't mean it's not great for some teams. To me, a kid growing up in the '90s, that font IS the Buffalo Bills. Their jerseys really lost something with Logo Athletic took over and gave them standard block. I wished the new Bills jerseys used that font.

Holy crap, this whole time I thought you were in your 40s.

:wacko:

I like Champion font too.

I don't know if this is also champion font, but the Bengals used to wear this font and I love it.

Boomer_Esiason.jpg

That is, even if it's impossible to find an accurate Boomer throwback.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Yes, the Bengals, Jets and Saints all used the Champions font in the '90s. I associate the Bills and Bengals with that font. The Jets still looked good after changing to a block font (before they changed to the current set), and the Saints' Champion era jerseys weren't very good. However, the Bills and Bengals looked great in that era and I wish both could still wear that font.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I love monochrome football uniforms.

I love Black-Out football uniforms from team with no black in their color scheme.

I love the new gray/dark gray trend in NCAA Football, especially the Washington State dark gray.

I hate all-white football uniforms.

I hate football uniforms with no striping on the pants.

spacer.png

Probably unpopular, but I didn't mind the Giants in red as an alternate. It wasn't a true throwback but it brought back an old look for them.

20_Tom_Landry_football_card.jpg

Is that Thomas Landry as in the Cowboys Legendary Coach, Tom Landry?

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Probably unpopular, but I didn't mind the Giants in red as an alternate. It wasn't a true throwback but it brought back an old look for them.

Yes, as a New York Giant during his days as a player.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Here's an opinion which I know is unpopular - I loved the last Broncos helmet. I thought that shade of blue worked perfectly with orange and always felt that the blue on the uniforms should have been changed to match the helmets.

johnelway.jpg

I grew up with that helmet. I think it's one of the best helmets in the history of the NFL.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Yes, as a New York Giant during his days as a player.

I know he was a Giant. I just thought how ironic it is that cmm posted a player card of an old Giant player who happens to be the most recognizable Dallas Cowboys figure.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

I love these, they're so witty.

4573.gifzcvu58bag02ulpy46dixvag56.gif

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Here's an opinion which I know is unpopular - I loved the last Broncos helmet. I thought that shade of blue worked perfectly with orange and always felt that the blue on the uniforms should have been changed to match the helmets.

johnelway.jpg

i never liked that uniform but i agree the color palette is really nice. very sporty and energetic. probably too "retro" now for them to ever go that way full time though

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE